vibhor

Fiat Grande Punto spied testing!!

SOME CONFUSION

When I inquired about the Launch of White colour on Linea by the CEO CORNER and from the PRODUCT MANAGER, I got conflicting replies copied below:

CEO-CORNER -27th FEB

Hi Nimesh,

The Pearl White colour would be launched somewhere around the months of May, June.

Regards,

Rajeev

Kapoor

PRODUCT MANAGER MR. AASHISH BHARDWAJ - 5th MARCH

Dear Mr Nimesh,

Basic

accessories like the floor mats, seat covers, body cover, etc were

launched immediately after the launch. Some more accessories are under

testing & would be launched shortly.

In case, the dealership you enquired with doesn't have it, please convey back for the needful to be done.

warm regards

Aashish Bhardwaj

Product Manager

FIAT INDIA AUTOMOBILES PVT LTD.

Corporate Park - II, 5th Floor,

Sion Trombay Road,

Chembur, MUMBAI - 400 071.

Tel: +91-22-67293800, 67293836(D) Fax: +91-22-25226326

Can someone solve this?

Sorry posted wrong mail.smiley9.gif

PRODUCT MANAGER MR. AASHISH BHARDWAJ -27th FEB

Dear Mr Nimesh,

White colour in Linea would get introduced around mid March, 2009 itself.

Request you to kindly check with the local dealer regarding availabilty in your city.

regards,

Aashish Bhardwaj

Product Manager

FIAT INDIA AUTOMOBILES PVT LTD.

Corporate Park - II, 5th Floor,

Sion Trombay Road,

Chembur, MUMBAI - 400 071.

Tel: +91-22-67293800, 67293836(D) Fax: +91-22-25226326

CEO-CORNER -27th FEB

Hi Nimesh,

The Pearl White colour would be launched somewhere around the months of May, June.

Regards,

Rajeev

Kapoor

Please solve this. Both were received on same date.

yeah, but seems what nimesh clarified with that his younger brother was saying those things on his id, and that was the reason of that blunders of him getting banned, also heard that GP would be launched only with two colours as of now and later on other colours would be added, with pearl white and azure blue.

But it has reverse side only on left side and that too small one.

Same as in case of Logan (it has left reverse light) and the First Ikon (it had only one reverse light. I think the right side one).

But the problem is the Left Side Reverse Light would not be sufficient to illuminate the road behind. The car is RHD and Reverse light is at Left.smiley3.gifsmiley36.gif

smiley36.gifThe driver would not be able to see the road on his side clearly smiley18.gif but he can see the left side (from Left Rear View Mirror).smiley12.gif

smiley32.gif

But it has reverse side only on left side and that too small one.

Same as in case of Logan (it has left reverse light) and the First Ikon (it had only one reverse light. I think the right side one).

Yes ikon previous ikon had one reverse lamp on left and even SX4 too has only one revrse parking lamp!

Its for a reason!!! The red light at the back placed in the right hand revrse light is the rear fog light. It is placed there because India is RHD. So when you are driving in a fog behind the car in front with the rear fog lights on the light "beam" is  directed in the drivers eye..(well not in the drivers eye but you know what I mean). In euro its on the LHS.

Hey nice pic nim12esh by the way did you notice the rear windshield it has the engine no. on it was it 1.4l or1.2l petrol or 1.3l diesel??

I guess that grande punto around the world is over 4m does anyone have an idea that fiat will reduce its length to under 4m???

< ="Content-" content="text/; charset=utf-8">< name="ProgId" content="Word.">< name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11">< name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><>

good pics posted by autoforum user... welll done keep it up......

we appreciate your work..... punto looks like hyundai i20 but if u see deeply i20 is much hot than punto.... i dnt  knw power or performence  of punto .... but it will be a strong competitor of i20 ,fabia & honda jazz

thats actually great news Nimesh...I really hope that Fiat launches it soon..

here is the article of CC..

Fiat has launched the Linea with much fanfare and the results have been good too. The car has been selling in decent numbers but the more performance oriented amongst us are asking for better engines for both petrol and diesel.

Lineas have been spotted undergoing testing by our readers in Pune alongwith Grand Punto on a regular basis and for a car that has already been launched it could only mean one thing, a new engine. According to our reliable sources, Fiat is indeed testing the 1.6 Litre Turbodiesel Common Rail engine in the engine bay of the Linea. The new 1.6 Litre, 4 Cylinder 16 valve engine is a very high tech unit and comes in two varities, a turbocharged 105 bhp unit and a 120 bhp with VGT and more than 300 nm of torque! The new engine is very low on maintenance too with a service interval of 35000 kms in Europe! The fuel efficiency is also said to equal or better then 1.3 JTD already present in the Linea.

We really hope Fiat launches the Linea with this new diesel engine which will make this already very desirable car to an irresistible one. Over to you Fiat!

SRC-CC

Its for a reason!!! The red light at the back placed in the right hand revrse light is the rear fog light. It is placed there because India is RHD. So when you are driving in a fog behind the car in front with the rear fog lights on the light "beam" is  directed in the drivers eye..(well not in the drivers eye but you know what I mean). In euro its on the LHS.

But as for Tata Indigo, there are two fog lamps at the rear (The Variant which comes with Fog Lamps as Standard). We have Indigo XL Grand DiCOR which has two Fog Lamps at the Rear as Standard Equipment.

HOW CAN THEY CHANGE THE SIZE OF A HANDSOME AND DASHING CAR JUST FOR THE SAKE OF ONE COUNTRY???

I dont think it'll happen. grande punto will come as it is and one more thing, if the VGT diesel comes, linea will turn into a MONSTER and bite into sonata, jetta and laura

Well if length has to be reduced it will be a little more than 30mm as currently it is 4030mm as mentioned by Devil.Jr so its not much i guess its possible.

As i20 is 3940mm and if price has to be reduced than it is one point Fiat will have to think of and in case of Jazz the length is 4104.64mm so here i do not think that 11cm will be reduced

But then an 4% cut on a 5 lakh car is 20k and if jazz retails at 6 lac then it is 30K.. Honda could rework the length and give us a scaled down version of jazz or compete only with fabiz in the price bracket

Today's DNA paper

"There are still many car makers in the country who do not offer diesel variants in some segments. The compact car segment is a typical example. However, this will change going ahead with diesel engines now becoming suited for all kinds of cars," said Rajeev Kapoor, president and CEO, Fiat India. The company recently launched its premium C segment Fiat Linea Diesel version and will also launch a diesel version of its premium hatchback Grand Punto in the third quarter. Around 70% sales from all Fiat India models (with both petrol and diesel variants) come from diesel variants.