pryas

need your Serious Advice.

friends i need your serious seuggestions here. i am planning to buy a new car and this will be my first car. as there are lots of accidents here in my place i would like to have a car with AIRBAGS. i think i may do around 1000 - 1400 kms a month.

Well my budget is around 4-6 lacs which can be stretched a little bit. also i would like to know wether one can fit Airbags aftermarket??? and can i ask the company wether i can get Airbags for Swift Diesel .

This is what  i expect fro my car -  good performance , ARIBAGS , Very good fuel efficiency and very good resale value. of course i thought of Swift ZXi but i did not like the milage figures of it so i cancelled it.

Can i buy WagonR VXi ABS and Fit LPG tank to it? and is there any problem to the engine(i know waranty will be VOID).

If there are any other cars please suggest me.i need your serious advice.

Thanking you all,

PRIYA.

Airbags cannot be done aftermarket. No, sadly the airbags are available only on the petrol version.

Yes, LPG can be done outside. Just ensure you get it done from an RTO approved installer. Yes warranty will take a hit.

Unfortunately, you dont have much choice in the diesel hatch segment with respect to airbags. Give the Getz CRDi a try.

FRG
FuelRunGod2007-10-07 22:25:09

But how will the Aftermarket LPG doo. and what mailge will it give in city and highway with AC on. and will it have any effect on the engine after sometime. well i am getting the RTo approved one. what do u suggest should i go ahead with WagonR VXi ABS and LPG or some good Sedan with Airbags and good fuel efficiency at around 7 lacs

Yes i will have a test drive of Logan. but if its Logan that i am selecting then i am going for Logan Diesel. i checked the on Road price and it 7.6  lacs. i will give a update after the test drive .

Hi priya, i would like to give my suggestion.

if you for the WagonR VXi abs . the milage in petrol itself is good  and please dont try to fit LPG after market .well i get around 13-15 in city and 16-17 in highway( PEtrol) soo this is a very good fuel efficiency and also aftermarket fitting of LPG will cost you  around rs 20000 and in that money you can put petrol.

But i really dont know the resale value of this.but LXi and Vxi goes at a good resale value but i am not aware of Vxi abs as its very rare in used car market.

Or else as FRG said try the Logan DLS (diesel)  . it very fuel efficient and it has driver side airbag. but i think it will cost you around 3 lacs more than wagonr vxi abs.

Note- Wagonr has ABS and Dual Airbags.

Logan has only driver side airbag . but Logan has features like CD player , Driver seat height adjust , Lumbar support , 4 door power windows , Biege interior , body colored ORVMs and door handles and Side moulding.  

Yes maybe you could test drive both WagonR and Logan Diesel and give us your feedback about both the cars. cheers!!!

mndvishnu2007-10-08 09:23:09

i have enquired the offers from both the maruti dealer and the Mahindra renault.

Maruti is offering Free 1st year insurance plus rs 4000 gift cheque

wheras the mahindrarenault are offering Nil.

and i have booked a test drive this evening for both Logan and WagonR.

no i will take mndvishnus advice and not put LPG tank aftermarket coz waranty will be void and i dont want to spoil the precious money for the sake of saving some. anyway i ll know about Logan and WagonR only after the test drive this afternoon. and i also hope maruti will see that they bring in WagonR VXi DUo also.

Logan has both your needs of Diesel and safety .It wont be that peppier and looks are not for consideration on it . Wait for Fabia to launch its Diesel and may be they will give ABS and Airbags in it.smiley16.gif

even i think you should wait for sometime because there will be many new cars launched soon and once you taken the car then you will repent for it after seeing the mouth watering new cars soon!!!!

I agree with you dont need to hurry .Even with good discount you may repent like when new Endeavor was going to come then the old had a mouthwatering discount but then their buyers repent at it. Now suzuki is doing the same thing with the Esteem.

Yes i had test drive of Both WagonR and Logan and both these cars are having CONS.

wagonR - Rear seats are uncomfortable and gearbox is slightly  a pain.

logan Diesel - i think engine lacks power but after 3000 RPM its gets good amount of power and pick upp.

soo as rssh and mnvishnu said me to wait i think i will wait till early 08 and then book a good CAR. thanks for your ideas and suggestions

Regards,

Priya.

friends i need your serious seuggestions here. i am planning to buy a new car and this will be my first car. as there are lots of accidents here in my place i would like to have a car with AIRBAGS. i think i may do around 1000 - 1400 kms a month.
Well my budget is around 4-6 lacs which can be stretched a little bit. also i would like to know wether one can fit Airbags aftermarket??? and can i ask the company wether i can get Airbags for Swift Diesel .
This is what  i expect fro my car -  good performance ' date=' ARIBAGS , Very good fuel efficiency and very good resale value. of course i thought of Swift ZXi but i did not like the milage figures of it so i cancelled it.

Can i buy WagonR VXi ABS and Fit LPG tank to it? and is there any problem to the engine(i know waranty will be VOID).
If there are any other cars please suggest me.i need your serious advice.
Thanking you all,
   PRIYA.
[/quote']

I thnk if have time,you can wait for getz diesel which is almost on its way to b launch. Ofcourse its a better drivers car den swift.

well it will be sold after Diwali in my city in karnataka but its overpriced i enquired with a dealer here and he said it may be around 6.5 lacs on ROAD so instead of going for that i could go in for the Logan but anyways i dropped the plan of buying this year will wait till January of Febraury and then look for some new cars. Thank you everybody for your help.

Hi,

Are you from the deep south: such diesel obsession is mainly in the south, Im also from Chennai. The best choice u have is Swift ZXI, let's face it. I was in love with the car when I drove it. I bought an Elantra because my wife did not approve of me "stepping" down to a Swift Zxi from an Accent GLS. The money saved on the petrol can be used as fuel expenses for atleast one year. And imagine the amount u'll save on maintainence. Im a petrol head, having driven a petrol, no diesel is as refined as a petrol, in the budget u have in mind. Refined diesel then may be u'll have to think of the E280CDI. Go ahead buy the Swift ZXI...

Hi' date='

Are you from the deep south: such diesel obsession is mainly in the south, Im also from Chennai. The best choice u have is Swift ZXI, let's face it. I was in love with the car when I drove it. I bought an Elantra because my wife did not approve of me "stepping" down to a Swift Zxi from an Accent GLS. The money saved on the petrol can be used as fuel expenses for atleast one year. And imagine the amount u'll save on maintainence. Im a petrol head, having driven a petrol, no diesel is as refined as a petrol, in the budget u have in mind. Refined diesel then may be u'll have to think of the E280CDI. Go ahead buy the Swift ZXI...
[/quote'] Well what you are saying is right but the Dieselsare not way behind refinement they are just one step down ,thats why DDiS is more in demand because it  closely matches its petrol cousin.smiley1.gif