rssh

NEW ESTEEM

Ya i think its really old one now if maruti is to bring linea by replacing the esteem then the company would surely replace the model and will bring an all new model to replace esteem.But i think we have to wait for that as when i was the enterview with MD jagdish khattar on cnbc tv18 then he told that their next model is splash and after then every model would take some time as they launched many models recently now they will slower the speeds as now they are not having any new model and from now after splash eveery model would take atleast one year...

i have spoken to the sales adviser of maruti  dealer. she says that maruti has not told anything about splash but LIANA is sure to come is what she told me ( well i know splash will also come) may she was not informed.

The Design may be same as LIANA but the name may differ and its left for maruti about what are they going to keep the name as wether they will continue with the name Esteem or Liana or some new name.?

Hi Pryas,

Sales advisors normally don't know a damn about forthcoming models let alone the features of the car ur going to buy. The public is more aware 'cause of the websites. When I was shopping around for a new car, new Honda City was due and when I asked the advisor he told me it wasn't due till next year and said there was no news regards the model, and lo behold, it was out the next month. The sales staff are there to encourage people to buy the models available then and there not to send away prospective clients on the pretext that a new model is due, in the near future. So read well and go by the websites and by what Hormazd and guys have to say. Remember, when they said they were upgrading the city with airbags and ABS; Honda themselves issued a denial and lo behold out came the 10 Anniv edition of the city VTEC with all the features.

I have a doubt.. Was the Esteem/Maruti 1000 in India sold as the Liana in other markets? If not, then what happened to the upgradation of the Esteem series if it was sold elsewhere?

It was sold as the Suzuki Swift in other markets.

FRG