CYRUS43

Tata Xenon

Tata has high expectations from its new lifestyle SUV. Though it is a pick up the new car is expected to set new benchmarks in the SUV segment with its excellent off-road capabilities. The car possesses a distinctive, stylish, and aggressive structure and is sure to win the hearts of off-road enthusiasts.

The Tata Xenon looks very nice to me' date=' It has more urban looks and definately it will give a good competition to Mahindra Getaway (Which i've not seen a single on the road yet!Except when it came to Renault Roadshow).[/quote']

even thai auto journos think Xenon looks best of all pickups here beating toyota and isuzu etc.

but as FRG said

plastics are no good comparable to the interiors of the toyota,isuzu,nissan competitors

but the exterior is simply too good!!

Have a look at the tyre well in the pics., such huge open space is an eyesore & won't go well with enthusiasts. Its only for the practicality part, fun users would have to shed some of those leafs to suit the profile better.

Well they could have kept and single cab option too and prices in low with 4x2 and then may be the market may use it well for transpotation of goods but since tata doesn't want a mix of lifestyle vs good carrier look.

Back to back to test drives is fine, but when it becomes a job..fatigue props up. Ya, i have been running around for various test drives, i thought of taking a break on saturday (sadly i have to go for a TV show on Sunday)

Went for Xenon Test drive today. The test drive vehicle was not available & the dealer said if I want to buy they can give me the display piece for a fresh run.

Xenon is a stunner from outside but a few minutes of smooth talking with dealer sales guy i already have his version of how many customers have seen & rejected this marvel.
Here are some inputs

1) Xenon interiors are terrible. The moment you open the door it smells of cheap plastic
2) Run your hand over the plastics and you can see & feel the cheapness of it
3) the glove box is terribly positioned & makes a