ashwindude

Cheverolet Forrester

Hi, I'm seriously considering buying a used Chevy Forrester. Back in Australia before where I used to live, it's sold as Subaru Forrester, It's a hightly respected and loved car there, known for it's sturdyness and off/on road capabilities.

I'll be doing a fair bit of highway and rough road driving around Mumbai and Nasik and I figured I'd need a comfortable and sturdy car. Would the Forrester fit the bill? What kind of after sales service and prices of spares can I expect? Would you recommend any alternatives? I used to drive the Scorpio 4 years ago, but frankly it drives like a truck.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

1st of all its Chevrolet Forester and not Cheverolet Forrester..

Well it was good Suv but than was not VFM and backed by poor service network and high price it failed..But now although Chevy has better service network i think there would be some problem regarding spares availability as few cars only sold at that time..

I think you should go in for CRv(Old) or any other good Suv..Its not wise to go for Forester.

Would not go in for any large GM car. Their service is terrible. They make good cars but don't have the training requisites in their staff to look after the cars. Had a Forrester sold it bought an automatic Optra and at the first timing belt change they created a problem which took me 2 months to convince the staff that there was one and they have not been able to settle that as yet.

You cant import a second-hand car into India so that will scuttle your plans for Forrester. Suggest you go for CR-V or Outlander. that is closest to Forrester feel.
buddy he is not asking for any imports..he want to buy an used forester..