sgiitk

i20 in COTY contest - WRONG

I was surprised to see the i20 in the COTY contest short list on the Autocar show on TV. A car which is still not on the road in India being a part of the short list in my view of things is utterly wrong and unfair.

Including i20 is absolutely correct. this is the car of the year for 2009. It is a contest for the latest cars. all the other COTYs whether it is in Europe, Japan or America includes the latest cars even if they have not been on the roads when judging was done. Eligibility clearly states that cars should be on sale from Jan 1 to Dec 31. i20 went on sale before then so it is unfair to leave it out. Sticking to the rules is important.

C'mon the car has been launched in 2008 right so let it compete with other nominees.. At the end of the day its upon the Judges to decide the winner.. And i pretty much think it will be the COTY 2009... 

C'mon the car has been launched in 2008 right so let it compete with other nominees.. At the end of the day its upon the Judges to decide the winner.. And i pretty much think it will be the COTY 2009... 

This is exactly what I think (some of) the judges are up to. My own view is that the car should be in the market for at least one month.If the rules are stupid then they need to be changed.

sgiitk2008-12-30 09:55:09

It was launched on 29-12-08, two days before the end of the year, which means it is unlikely that it comes on to the roads in '08 so it should not be a contender for COTY 2008!

I agree with sgiitk sir, if the rules allow it to be taken as a contender then the rules are absurd!

EDIT : And anyway the car is all crap.

5u3zEr02008-12-30 11:06:54

I was surprised to see the i20 in the COTY contest short list on the Autocar show on TV.

If anyone has observed, this car hasn't been launched anywhere else

except Delhi. No doubts that Hyundai was banking on mere technicality to be eligible

for COTY 2009. TDs will be on offer only from next week (officially)

and that too only in Delhi.

They no doubt have launched a great car, but I'll be watching their ethics

very carefully. We all know a car that was launched last year whose great

features were advertised no end. When you landed in the showroom

all you heard was that the waiting period

was a few months and they kept pushing lesser equipped variants at you. No prizes for guessing the car! I hope Hyundai won't try

such tricks.

And I hope the introdutory pricing will hold good for a few months!

Jupiter2008-12-30 19:55:58

I think people on this forum like to criticise without knowing any facts.

COTY eligibility rules have been in place for years! - all over the world! i20 MUST be included because if it is left out, it will be in contradiction to rules all over the world. How can anyone make the exception now!

I think people on this forum like to criticise without knowing any facts.

COTY eligibility rules have been in place for years! - all over the world! i20 MUST be included because if it is left out' date=' it will be in contradiction to rules all over the world. How can anyone make the exception now!
[/quote']

Car of the year. If you say i10 was awarded car of the year. Then its a joke....

I dont understand how people make conclusions like these before even looking at the car in Flesh.. Weird..

[/quote']

I don't need to see a car in the flesh to find out if I like it or not!! I am entitled to my views and you are to your's. I hope you understand now.