sharash

Maruti A-Star Car of the year??

Hi Everyone,

I was amazed to read a article in "Times of India" that in the recent poll by a auto website "zigwheels", it has chosen A-Star as the car of the year for hatchbacks!! They also state that it beat Skoda Fabia, Indica Vista by a small margin!!

I simply dont understand how can a A-Star be compared to cars like fabia and vista???
Any comments?

Well even i read that and i think for them Honda City and A-star are winner..

But sharash you might have post this in existing thread called CAR of THE YEAR made by cyrus..

I dont understand why to make new and new threads..Sometimes its quite irritating..

It is a stupid choice by Zigwheels and shows they cannot make up minds when they give a tie! how can small car like A-star which is so bad on passenger space and Honda City which is overpriced be winning?

3 cylinder is the latest engine compared to the Quadrajet technology?? BS?

Maruti makers are enjoying this fact that Indians buy whatever crap they produce from their stable due to the fact that its Long been there!!

I personally think they are cheating Indians big time and the reason i did not talk about the car of the year in the other post is because there was not a mention of hatchbacks and i believe Honda City is the ideal choice for car of the year for Sedans!

It is a stupid choice by Zigwheels and shows they cannot make up minds when they give a tie! how can small car like A-star which is so bad on passenger space and Honda City which is overpriced be winning?

I agree totally with you kerbhopper on the A-Star front. 5 people cant sit comfortably and there is no place for a big suitcase at the rear!!

But Honda City is definately the car of the year due to technology, looks, fit and finish. Maybe a bit overpriced!

3 cylinder is the latest engine compared to the Quadrajet technology?? BS?

Maruti makers are enjoying this fact that Indians buy whatever crap they produce from their stable due to the fact that its Long been there!!

I personally think they are cheating Indians big time and the reason i did not talk about the car of the year in the other post is because there was not a mention of hatchbacks and i believe Honda City is the ideal choice for car of the year for Sedans!
well even i am not fan of MS, but the engine is quite refined and good but yes its 3 cylinder..

I agree with your quotes for maruti but i dont want anybody (MS lover) making this thread a war front and thats why i didnt wrote much..I think you know that because of this debate our 3members have left the forum..

I understand that BS. I will refrain from talking about Maruti v/s Others.

But i will not accept Astar to be the car of the year and i have no more points to prove about this.

If this thread is going to end up in bitter fights, Please let the mods to close this!

Thank You.

Fabia doen't know what is VFM and it is priced higher than C segment saloon car. Indica Vista has space, comfort and good engine but poor quality, unexciting looks, tata's image ruin the car.

Where as A-star has FE, maruti's A.S.S., decent performance and it is an ultimate city car.

There's nothing wrong in selecting A-star as COTY.

Yes.. for 4 adults who are not worried about the engine sounds, without baggage, poor all round visibility crampy leg room and die hard maruti lovers its the great car!!

People wake up!

Yes.. for 4 adults who are not worried about the engine sounds' date=' without baggage, poor all round visibility crampy leg room and die hard maruti lovers its the great car!!

People wake up!
[/quote'] ha ha good one Sarash..

Yes.. for 4 adults who are not worried about the engine sounds' date=' without baggage, poor all round visibility crampy leg room and die hard maruti lovers its the great car!!

People wake up!
[/quote']

I like it because it suits my needs for a 2 seater car

jbond8302008-12-31 08:52:25

I think Maruti India has bought all the awards in India for a fair bit of price! thats all i can say.

No, I don't think so. Maruti cars have always been considered as the most reliable and dependable cars in the country. Even the new A-Star launched this year is loaded with a pack of high quality features and technologies. This new car is designed and built in compliance to the future emission norms. The car is also compliant to the ELV or end of life vehicle norms. According to the ELV norms, about 85% of the car parts are recyclable.

MSIL also recycles engines since they are recyclable! Like getting back the 3 cylinder vintage and making it compliant to some illogical emission norms!

Most reliable and dependable cars are many in market now, The only advantage MSIL has is that its long been there and does not want to change!!

I dont understand "Even the new A-Star launched this year is loaded with a pack of high quality features and technologies" when the car does not fit 5 adults and not more than a handbag at the rear!! When they say family car!!

I dont want to argue about MSIL or any other car, definately its not the car of the year!

Everybody is not going to seat "5" adults in their car!

The car is for modern nuclear families, I guess you understand what "Nuclear" means!

The car is going to be exported to European countries also, where seating 5 in a small car would be a "Joke".

For inner city runabouts, one doesn't need a boot that is elephant sized!

I  guess its you rather than the people who needs to wake up, if seating more people is a requirement, look towards MUV's, leave the small car alone for God's sakes!