sumitswapnil

zen estilo

hi guys this is sumit swapnil. i work for Maruti Suzuki. i hvae got a project on zen estilo. you must be awre of the fact the car is'nt selling despite of beinga good car. your views would be of help. my email id is sumitswapnil@yahoo.co.in...

Regards

Sumit Swapnil.

The pink estillo which was used by the marketing team was a bad idea. It offended many buyers and they shunned away from even giving it a second look.

The percentage of  Indian buyers who can afford a car consists of mostly men and older women. But, pink being the color of the young teens, it does not pitch the car in the right sense

jbond8302008-12-30 14:07:16

Hi Sumit' date=' forget reviewing the Estillo and bring back the old Zen with a new facelift and make it a bit bigger![/quote']

I agree. The Estilo is a blot on the fair Zen name. In any case the  M800 (and its 4/3 verison) engine cannot by all accounts be made to satisfy Euro IV. So the 800, Alto, WagonR and Estlio are all destined for the scrap heap. Unless, of course there is a heart transplant.

it goes like this...the car is not selling;despite of being a good car...it's more or less like wagon-r. i wanted to know about things that could be done from marketing or advertising perspective, so that the sales pick up...obviously, certain small changes in the car itself could be made...

thank you...

it goes like this...the car is not selling;despite of being a good car...it's more or less like wagon-r. i wanted to know about things that could be done from marketing or advertising perspective' date=' so that the sales pick up...obviously, certain small changes in the car itself could be made...

thank you...

[/quote']

You are right sumit, the Estilo indeed is a very good car! just make a few tweaks here and there and voila!! you will have a best seller. Some changes that i can think of:

1. Dispose of with the Estilo name.
  2. just add a bit of a nose in the front, lower the roofline, change the boot design...very small changes (you can refer the original ZEN styling)
  3. Change the milkybar interiors (kids just love it!! ) and add "swiftish" design. Shouldn't take all that effort since you can borrow most of the pieces from your part bin.
  4. Change the gearbox

I guess you can change the small changes listed above for starters. smiley2.gif

If you don't want to do all these you can try throwing it in as a free gift with the Vitara. By this way you can definitely increase the numbers by a dozen atleast.

I would say revamp the car and first thing to do is to change the engine. In a year and a bit almost all old engines have to go once E-IV kicks in. So why not now (A-star!). We had an old Zen (1997, carb) and a newer Alto VX (2001, essentially the same as Estilo but in an Alto body). None were with power steering. We had occasion to drive them both back to Kanpur from Gwalior and Delhi within a month of each other. The last 200+km was the GQ-NH2. .

Bot my son and I found the older Zen far more pleasant to drive than the newer Alto. Also, the engine felt much more responsive in the Zen. I am sure the numbers will not bear this out. The all alloy engine on the Zen (and Esteem) and now Swift is a real beauty. At one time all four of our family cars were Maruti's, today apart from the Swift ZXi of my son, the other two a Hyundais'.

Need I say more.

Hey, MS. has to learn a lot from Hyundai. They built perfect car considering the whole family needs. MS focus on 2+2 family. Rear seat of Esteem, Wagon-R, Zen, Swift, Alto were worst in comfort, good for children only. I feel M-800 rear seat was bit more comfortable for it's size. Santro, I-10 & Accent has more comfortable seating in all way..

Gear box feel needs to be improved and they can at least match Swift's standard in all cars, if can not match Hyundai standards.

Loosely fit body panels may be the cause of Rattling.. Find out the reason and cure the disease.

If above problems are solved, Indians will buy almost any car from your stable. What say??

Well just phase out that car, i know it may sound bad but to me its a good thing to do, you have lot many products with you so scrap all craps..

Because this car is no good in competition even wagonR is worst car but still doing well...Zen is extremely uncomfortable at the back and front also, the interiors are not that good, the gear shift is generation old and worst in car which is more expensive than santro/spark, and build quality is no good..

Spark is nearest competitor and doing well than estilo and is much better product than estilo..

But still if you wanna do something than try to give huge discounts and make it to alto(or slightly more than that) level than see the magic..

my view goes like this...

jus look in to some price reduction of around 20K and try position the car less than wagon R segment.ie in between Alto and Wagon R.

U can do some minor facelifts in exterior and interior with some tweaks in power train as well.So try looking for some chances before its been faced out.

I would like to point out the upcoming launch of Ritz/Splash as well.If Ritz also positioned in the same segment then situation still goes bad for estilo.

So this is to be done before the launch of Ritz so that they are in a different category and ppl can get a better car compared to Alto when they are able to afford for that.

The vaccum between the Alto and Wagon R must find some space for Estilo.

Hope it works!!!

dude u from maruti

bring the old 1.5 peugot engine in it like the old one , that was a jem . I personaly feel that it was much better than the 1.3ddis because it had a good FE it just needed tunning

and on the other hand we are paying 3-4 lakhs on the car get a laminated glass shield that even the nano has !!

I have driven both the Santro and the Zen Estilo. The Santro is the more refined off the two by many a mile. The refinement of the Santro, comes as a pleasant surprise. The Zen Estilo is tinny and bobs all over the place especially over broken tarmac, the culprit is the over light EPS, it detracts from the handling experience and is totally devoid of feel. After driving a car with hydraulic PS, you really can't say where the car with the EPS is heading especially in a turn. Same with the Alto. Almost all A segmenter's from MSIL feel the same and they sell because MSIL has great brand equity, in the A segment, not because they are great car's, and also they are very much short on space, as compared to the Santro and also refinement. One car absolutely not worth the number's it's doing is the 'Trash Can': Wagon R. The best small car in the MSIL stable is the Swift.

Durango Dude2009-01-03 02:33:13

For Estilo, the first thing, which need to be changed is the gear box. the shift quality is so pathetic.Fitting the A-star's engine and gear box will be a welcome...

Fine tuning the suspension is also needed... The interiors are ok for me. but i feel the exterior need to be improved. I feel that, Wagon R looks considerably better after the face lift. The same magic, you need to do about Estilo also.

firstly you need to change the design... it seems that the current design is made for girls only..... next is to change the interiors(make then attractive) and proper and user friendly arrangement of instrument cluster......

and lastly to improve suspensions....

Change the MONOSPACE STYLING!!..yes!..this is the first thing which comes in my mind when i think for Zen Estilo!..i can't understand what was the need of changing it from monocoque to monospace!....the earlier looked better and more like a car!..and this is mix of everything!!..which makes zen look more ugly!..and i somewhere agree to jbond that theres some fault in its advertising also!MSIL should not had used that pink estilo!

personally, what i feel is that estilo is best suited car for women!...yes, it has lovely interiors and also available in pink!lol!..anyways jokes apart.....also what romeo said is correct that remove the name "Estilo"!..its not soo nice!....IMO, the zen with previous body with some changes such and new interiors, new lamps(front &Rear) etc etc would have done the job!:)smiley1.gif
vibhor2009-01-05 06:08:31