garg.vineet1

i20/fabia/Indigo CS/Vista MJD

Hi all......

I want to buy a car with budget of around Rs 5 Lac. I travel almost 35 Kms daily between office and home so my monthly usage would be around 1000 kms. Rear seat comfort is important to me as is boot space since I normally travel with my wife and parents.

Please suggest among the cars mentioned in subject or any other car which may suit me. Also, I have waited almost 2 months for i20 can not wait any longer so need to make this decision in maximum of 2 weeks time.

Please help me!!!!!!!!!

Vineet

Hi close your eyes and go for I-20. Select the version that suits your budget and needs. Though in your budget only Magna version will be available. Try to stretch  your budget for having good list of equipment provided in Asta model.

Vista Quadrajet is good but, diesel does not make sense for your mileage and petrol is bit underpowered.

All the best.

I feel that with the usage of 1000 kms/month, diesel makes more sense.

There are not many options for a  diesel car with a budget of 5L. Though you can go for Swift, Palio, Vista, IndigoCS if you stretch a bit.

Among this i think Swift seems more practical though lacks in back seat comfort and boot space.

Also you may take a test drive Palio Stile which shares the same engine as swift and vista and has a much better back seat comfort and more boot space.

Fabia would be expensive and would not come in your budget even though it is much better car than all the other options listed. Iam using Fabia and Iam very satisfied. with it.

All the best.

Uneet

Hi all......

I want to buy a car with budget of around Rs 5 Lac. I travel almost 35 Kms daily between office and home so my monthly usage would be around 1000 kms. Rear seat comfort is important to me as is boot space since I normally travel with my wife and parents.

Please suggest among the cars mentioned in subject or any other car which may suit me. Also' date=' I have waited almost 2 months for i20 can not wait any longer so need to make this decision in maximum of 2 weeks time.

Please help me!!!!!!!!!

Vineet
[/quote'] Hello vineet!

Its nice news that you are planning to buy a new car!

Well, as you are saying that your monthly run would be around 1k KMS, so for this kind of useage its better to go for diesel car!

As you know Hyundai has yesterday lanched the all new product from its stable -the i20, its great car at fair pricing but its not available in D version this time,other cars which you have shortlisted are the Fabia,Indigo CS and the vista, I would not suggest you the fabia because its bit expensive and also it will be heavy on your wallet! then comes CS, its a nice car n also available in D version but personally i don't like its looks much!another left is Vista its also available in D version but as both are from Tata so they may have reliability issues.

See, first decide you need a hatch or sedan acc. to your need, if you need sedan then TD the new ford ikon D its very nice car fits ur needs n budget otherwise in hatch its the Swift D!All the best!smiley1.gif

EDIT :oh!..am just a min. late uneet has already said same!...anyways!
vibhor2008-12-31 06:32:21

thanks guys for replies here..most ppl say that tata "may" have reliablity issues, but can anybody confirm from expirience that Indigo CS Dicor is unreliable and would not last 5-7 years timeframe.... 

Swift is not an option since lacks the space and has huge waiting in diesel! Swift petrol might still be an option....

I have TD palio stile and liked the car. But buying a FIAT might be risky, since there aren't many of them on road!

@vibhor...

u raised an interesting choice in ikon! Do you think ikon would be a good buy since it is a pretty old car, is it a good idea get an outdated car?

@uneet...

for fabia i am looking at petrol base model whose ex-showroom price is almost same as i20 magna but comes with air bags. Are u using deisel fabia or petrol? How is skoda's after sale support and maintainence costs like?

Regards

Vineet

@vibhor...

u raised an interesting choice in ikon! Do you think ikon would be a good buy since it is a pretty old car' date=' is it a good idea get an outdated car?

Regards

Vineet
[/quote'] Actually ikon was getting outdated but i hope you know that Ford has given it a very nice facelift with new pricing to keep the ikon fresh!

Personally, I think now, after the facelift ikon is worth considering car.

Also its available in Diesel variant at fair price!I would suggest you to atleast TD it!

There is one more option for you!thats the logan D!..if youe feel ikon is outdated then try logan D if it fits your budget!..but beware soon its facelifted version is coming! smiley1.gif

Here are some pics of refreshed ikon!.......

66097d1225725529t-new-ford-ikon-tdci-bro

66099d1225725529t-new-ford-ikon-tdci-bro

66100d1225725529t-new-ford-ikon-tdci-bro

66101d1225725529t-new-ford-ikon-tdci-bro

Check this link for more info on new ikon..........

vibhor2008-12-31 09:24:13

Hey further to my reply, IMO diesel car is not justified for your usage. The premium you have to pay for Diesel is 90000. The maintenance, the depreciation and interest cost of additional 90k will be more than the savings on Diesel. Pl make calculation at your own, otherwise, refer my calculation on Topic: Planing to buy New CAR generated by "ABCD of CAR". All the best.

Hey further to my reply' date=' IMO diesel car is not justified for your usage. The premium you have to pay for Diesel is 90000. The maintenance, the depreciation and interest cost of additional 90k will be more than the savings on Diesel. Pl make calculation at your own, otherwise, refer my calculation on Topic: Planing to buy New CAR generated by "ABCD of CAR". All the best.
[/quote']

Definately.. for 1000kms per month usage please do not consider Diesel as an option.

Go buy any decent petrol around! My list would read:

1.i20

2.Fabia

3.Swift

Vineet,

Iam using diesel classic model. It costed me 680000/- on road.

Now this price is actually 125000/- more than its nearest rival Swift vdi.

Skoda is giving quite many extra features which we are not getting in Swift.

Now to toss up between i10 magna and fabia petrol, i would surely bent my self towards Fabia as firstly its atleast two notches above i10 (league wise) and secondly the road handling is comparable with all the sedans.

Now comes an important question - maintenence - Obviously Skoda is gonna be costlier than Hyundai. In actual terms the difference should be between Rs. 3000 - 5000/yr as i10 would require service after 5000 kms while fabia requires service after 10000 kms due to synthetic oil used.

I personally feel to spend Rs. 5000/yr extra is really worth the money to upscale in a better league car.

@ksgulyani

since u r suggesting Indigo, can u please let me know if u have used the car? If so then pls share a brief review of the car!

ford Ikon seems to be a good option to me, since u get a diesel sedan for price of petrol i20

So I am thinking between, i20/Ikon/Indigo now....

i20 has already been launched. Really it boil's down to the depth of your pocket: "Deep pocket's: Skoda Fabia; though it may be cheap to buy, not sure how cheap it will be to run and maintain. Medium deep pocket's: i20< Swift would be an option but it has no boot to speak of; or may you can try the Dzire, even here the back seat space is strictly for two>. Shallow pocket's: Vista/Indigo CS< though cheap to buy will have niggles and service may be not upto the mark>.

well i keep fabia aside as it is not worth...

B/W indica vista and i20, indica vista is value for money and a smart buy.

i20 is not worth that too with a 1.2L petrol engine.

But considering indigo CS, it comes out to be a good package. but still in battle b/w INDIGO CS and INDICA VISTA if STYLING and LUXURY is also concrned then INDICA VISTA is the car for you...