anirudh

new honda city vs hyundai verna diesel mo

apart from the fuel type difernce i am ken to know the major issues like fuekly eficiency of both cars in city and highway ,ride,handling only. comments from people who own theses cars would be more welcome

As far as i knw in terms of acceleration , HC is only fraction of sec quicker . Acc 2 roadtst both r capable of doin a ton in 10 sec . Bout FE expec HC 2 gv 11-12 in city n 16-17 in highwy n 13 in city n bout 18-19 4 verna . Cmfrt wud b bettr in HC rest i hv no propr knwldge . N bout diesel 1 shud b doin above 1500km/mnth.

Honda city has better handling, better brand image, better looks better engine whereas Verna has better ride quality.. fuel efficiency is the almost the same but the difference is petrol and diesel.. the interior quality is almost the same.. if given a option i would pick the new Honda city..

Go for VERNA.

fuel economy-

1 Honda City- 9 to 11 in city and 15 to 17 on highway ---average:12

2. Hyundai Verna - 14 to 17 in city and 20 to 23 on highway.---average:15-16

also diesel engine would provide more power n fuel economy....

Verna's engine is nt very refined engine . Though it has power but stability is zero. Constant Wheel alignment problems , i doubt Hyundai's diesel engine life , many more factors are there which forces me to say NO for Verna . My friend has done 44k km on it in 1.5 year   approx and he has changed his tires twice .

Anirudh, I have  TD both the cars and found Verna to be more powerful. But stability is quite bad. No Airbags is another negative. I dont think we can actually predict life of Verna Engine. But from Accent CRDi feedback most of them had trouble maintaining it after 75 k. In short its not close to Lancers engine life or maybe Fiat engines too.

FE from what i heard from friends:

City : 100 % A/c in City : 12km/l

HIghway: 15-17km/l

Verna  : 13-14 in city

16-18 km/l .

I too will be in the market for these cars in few months. right now City seems more favourable to me.

If you are in a budget of 8-10 lacs and looking for a diesel . Then Fiesta 1.4 TDCI and upcoming Linea 1.3 MJD 90 bhp. Anirudh, if you could mention about ur monthly running, how long you planning to keep the car and any other criterias we could be able to guide you more easily.

karan as a fauji i have managed only 42000 km in the last 6 years in my palio 1.2 el thats an average of about 700 km per month.  a now forced to dispose this palio because of poor  recurring  mileage though i still admire the palio for all other things except mileage and acceleration.i plan to keep the next car for at least 10 years and even more with no intention to sell it. hence was thinking of a diesel.i can still bet on a LINEA but shudder to think of the poor service cover( im presently at dehradun and theres no dealer here in all uttarakhand,the TATAs dont have all the spares and i have to rely on a old ex mechanic of FIAT here who knows his job). the FORD Co is already under bailout in the USA  hence its future cant be predicted here.so what next on the diesel front!?hyudai will hang on being a local manufacturere but i have my doubts on the engine life of a hyundai diesel

I think you should look for a petrol. I guess Honda City almost fits your bill. But its devoid of most features . I think you had posted in facelift Verna thread. Guess you can wait and see if Verna gets Airbags and other features. But for your running and since you planning to keep your car for long i would suggest you the Honda. As you can rely on their engines .

does the CITY have handling(body roll) and prro ride problems.anyone who could throw some light.read someones xperience in team BHP hence this quiry