manishk

Complain against defect

I bought Hyundai Getz Prime 3 months . Yesterday on my way down from Lonavala my car broke down . The clutch was getting engaged but the car was not able to move.On calling the Hyundai Care I was told to tow my vehicle to the service station. They didnt bother to send a mechanic on the spot to attend the problem. Anyways I managed to get my vehicle towed and is now with the Hyundai service station at Jogeshwari W.

There on inspecting I was told the clutch plates have worn off.

Now i dont realise this being a self driven car how come the plates have worn off in just 3 month time.

Can i please ask the members out here to help me with their insights, as I feel cheated by the company.

It was pretty inconsiderate of them. It is true that a clutch problem like what you had is unlikely to be 'field fixable'. My immediate suspicion was a leaky hydraulic clutch (I am not sure whether the Getz has mechanical or hydraulic). That does have a temporary emergency fix - use good old water. Clutch wearing out in three months indicates a serious problem with the installation in the first place.

I suggest you send a mail to customer care with the details They are very responsive. I know it is difficult but just keep your cool and stick to the facts. You are more likely to get a good response that way. My experience with customer care has been excellent.

thanks alot for your inputs . I have already send them a mail . The service staff at the Hyudai have told me tht they will get back with the decision being made from Hyundai . I hope things shape up in a good way, as presently I feel cheated all the way.

Please observe the old clutch plates for wear. If the Hyundai Service Center guys say to replace the Clutch, please get the plates replaced from an outside garage as even if you get them replaced from Hyundai SC, they will not offer you warranty on the New Plates.

Please post photos of the old clutch plates on this forum so that we will know whether they are worn out or not. 

I will tell you my experience.

We have Indigo XL Grand Dicor. At around 34,668kms, I took our Indigo to the TASS and told them the clutch pedal requires more presssure to depress. They opened the gearbox and told that the clutch plates will have to be replaced. I told them the clutch gets engaged and I dont have any problem in shifting any gear. I asked them how long will the clutch last if I dont replace the Clutch. They said another 10000-12000kms. Now the Odometer reading is 67000+kms. and still the Clutch is the same. 34668+12000=46668kms. But currently Odometer is 67000kms. I have not replaced it since I bought the car. Still I dont have any problem in shifting from any gear to any gear. These Service Center guys dont understand anything extraordinary. They just know to make money out of us.

The detail story of our Indigo XL can be read at=

sudeepd2009-01-04 09:27:41