TSReddy

If LOGAN is so wonderful- Why aren't they selling?

If LOGAN is so wonderful as evidenced by all the posts under LOGAN being used for taxi's - I sincerely wonder as to why they are having a hard time selling them.

Thanks for the fine input from posters in this forum

TSReddy

Dear TSR, there are successful car's and there are underdog's or outright flop's. The difference is wafer thin between the two; that boil's down to brand equity. There are the most who buy the success stories; but there are few who plonk their money on the underdog and have a good experience and get a great deal, they feel like they have got more than what they bargained for; so they start shouting from the roof top's, that's what you are seeing<that includes me: I went for the Petrol Elantra>. Not to say Logan's a flop: in fact it's doing good number's, but not to the expectation. From what I see it's a sensible car to be bought with the head not the heart, with it's dreary styling and is 'perceived' as cheap in Europe, not here. Here the real cheapo is the Indigo CS/ Ford Ikon. The Logan diesel top end retails for almost Rs.7 lakhs<in Chennai>, so not exactly cheap.

I agree. It's the boxy styling which makes the Logan look so downmarket that has been its downfall. Let us not forget that cars like the Dzire have put a spanner in the Logan's plans and I am sure the Dzire has stolen quite a few customers from the Logan. The ikon diesel has now come and my view is that Logan is expensive for what you get when you take these other cars into the gameset

Hello TSReddy!Yes, thats right that logan is a wonderful car but M&M is not able to sell it in much nos., But also if I remember correctly, Logan once came in top 10 sales chart too which we should not forget, I said same in another thread also.

Personally the reason what i feel that logan is not selling in good numbers nowadays is mainly because of its quite dull looks and boxy styling as akash has already pointed out, also as kerbhopper said that Swift dZire, which is fully packed with features has been successful to steal the logan buyers!plus, you know that here in India most of us can trust blindly on MSIL.

However, the logan also has nice features and really those interiors are very spacious, I read in some issue of ACi that they are more spacious than of the city n even the corolla too!!...that is one of the biggest positive point of logan!..but still when one comes to buy a logan he/she ends up to buying an another car. So, In breif,  the reason that logan is not selling good in India at this time is because it doesn't have enough strength (or say enough good looks and features) to attract carbuyers and also to compete with its rivals like dZire etc.but soon M&M will launch facelifted logan which I hope works!smiley1.gif
vibhor2009-01-03 07:46:30

i think lagan is a wonderful car and the reasons why itsnt selliing are-

1. interiors-one of the most cheap interiors i have ever seen in a car.it competes with maruti 800 in interiors.

2. logan's engines really lack punch...the petrol and the diesel which is underpowered.

3.in the entry level sedan segment logan is the most expensive in its class..the petrol model is vfm but diesel is very over-priced !!!!

interiors are not that bad actually!..but yeah!correct diesel is very much overpriced, it comes at around 7 lac mark, in wich one can easily buy a SX4,fiesta or verna which are segment above it!:)vibhor2009-01-03 10:29:26

I think its a factor of a. Boxy styling b. Perceived (or real) cost cutting to keep the price low c. Price

I know at least 3 people who have considered and rejected the Logan since it was always touted as a 'bare bones' car from Renault. After all, would you want to buy something that is sold as 'Cheap' - however cheap it might eventually be?

Logan is wonderful, its looks are now digested with most of us. What turns it down is the highish price. It was 7.14 lac OTR, Coimatore on November 2007. But it is around 8.15 lac now. For this price, you can go for Verna which is a segment above. But I feel personally that it is worth paying for it.

@mehul, its interiors are cheap, Gets dirt quickly and ratttles. But it is definitely better than the cars you've mentioned. It is even better than its rivals.

No way, I wont blame on the styling or the interiors. Mahindra-Renault has to learn the Sales strategy properly. They have poor sales men and poor presentation skills.

I have gone to Mahindra showroom. No Logan was there for test drive. The sales person where tooo bad. Even though they knew about the technicalities about the car, they were not outspoken, simply their attitude sucks.

Also, the logan displayed there was unimpressive. The color of the showroom car was silver which gives an outdated look to the car.

All this makes one to miss the car as a whole.

I had been driven around in a Logan in Kolkata for some days.Its a wide bodied car that is really meant to seat three comfortably on its back seat.It feels solid and secure over rough roads.But the interior plastics are not that good and look cheap. The outside looks are bland and not trendsetting at all.

The lack of image restricts the sale of this car.

In most of the countries around the world, cars are means of point to point transportation. About 60% of the market, there is no huge difference between cars and other consumables or domestic products.

Where as in India, a country which has not undergone Industrial revolution, a Car is more of a status symbol. At every angle it should seem grand & elegant.

Here every company needs to consider the 2Ps

1. Perception

2. Preference

Only if these 2 are well satisfied, then it may reflect on brand image, and then surge in sales...

Just consider the success of Skoda. Here it

Well! I have a different story for Logan! I'm following Logan ever since I heard that its going to launch in India. I waited for many months... car was launched... I found serious bugs for which I was not ready to compromise... I again waited... I found some bugs were fixed some were not... I decided to go for the car this December with good package deal. With my budget I could only afford 1.4 GLE model that comes with Power steering and AC. I went for test ride... :( big disappointment!

My Maruti 800 5 Speed has a better pickup and power than 1.4, the major problem I hit was in order to get in to drivers seat I had to bend my leg and after seating in drivers seat i could not bring my legs together. Stearing wheel was coming in between. We tried every possible way to do with seat adjustment... however in my maruti I can easily join my both legs while driving. I took 20 minutes test drive and I had cramp in my leg. Finally I gave up on Logan and went for Hyundai Getz. I'm gonna get my Getz today evening.

For me Logan is a good car yet it needs to address every customer. I'm not that tall who will have serious issues. My height is only 5.10" Also If Logan was launched by Maruti or Hyundai it would have been a big success but Mahindra is not giving any promising news on Logan. The deal was signed for 50K cars. What is going to happen after that? Mahindra has no plans take Logan further.. causes they are completly dependent on Renault for that.

I always had a fear about spares/serive while buying Logan.

[The deal was signed for 50K cars. What is going to happen after that? Mahindra has no plans take Logan further.. causes they are completly dependent on Renault for that.
I always had a fear about spares/serive while buying Logan.

Yes the deal was for 50K and now there are news tat Renault is going back to Nashik to M&M facility for the future model Sandero  since the existing production capacity is not fully utilised by Logan

i think lagan is a wonderful car and the reasons why itsnt selliing are-
1. interiors-one of the most cheap interiors i have ever seen in a car.it competes with maruti 800 in interiors.
2. logan's engines really lack punch...the petrol and the diesel which is underpowered.
3.in the entry level sedan segment logan is the most expensive in its class..the petrol model is vfm but diesel is very over-priced !!!!

I don't think this is because of the cheap interiors. Infact Mahindra-Renault has adorned the New Logan with some of the best features including high-end car technologies and attractive adornments in the car interiors.

even the maruti 800 sells in this country. all you need to do is drop the price. it's good that the Indian consumer is sending out a clear message with the disappointing sales of the Mahindra Logan - don't sell us cheap cars and pretend that it's a luxury vehicle. keep them cheap boys.

Dear ALL,

My take on the Logan, there should have been only 2 models of the car a petrol and a diesel, the moment M&M segmented the models and sold it over 5 lacs, particularly the diesel they bombed. The VFM intent was gone. In Europe the Logan both models sell at @ same price and very cheap, it is a cheap car! period.

It is not Renault's mistake, it is the mistake of M&M to generate higher profit on a VFM product.

RIP LOGAN.

smiley5.gif Anyone know what kind of waiting periods are Swift Dzire Diesel customers facing these days? Used to be 6-7 months when I bought my logan D. 

My guess is that the Dzire's reduced waiting period and the Ikon 1.4 Diesel finally ate into Logan sales.

Well to be honest I dont like the car I mean the look wise the engine wise and the speed and the air conditioning is very good. Well I cant say anything as far as the after sales service is cons.. but I dont see much of this car in the market.

Hmm arjun! I respect your view but i beg to differ. The car according to sum may not be good looking but itsure isnt bad!!! Rest all places the Car scores exceedingly well then its counterparts! Be it space, comfort, MILEAGE, Luggage space, drive..

Wat else can u ask for!!

It isnt ur wife is it smiley4.gif

Hmm arjun! I respect your view but i beg to differ. The car according to sum may not be good looking but itsure isnt bad!!! Rest all places the Car scores exceedingly well then its counterparts! Be it space' date=' comfort, MILEAGE, Luggage space, drive..Wat else can u ask for!!It isnt ur wife is it smiley4.gif[/quote']

Well dear u may be right but what I have gathered the information from the so called owners of this car they are saying that the after sales service of the car is perthethic and they more over regret for buying this car.

Not really all tat bad! I have had worse experiences with maruti for my Esteem. I went to NBS(Company Owned) day before and the service center was very well equipped, well done service and trained professionals!