SumeetNaik

Buying New Car under 3.5 Lacs..Need advice..

Hello ppl...I'm buying a new car...Can anyone suggest me a car under 3.5 Lacs...I need a family car which can accomodate 4 persons comfortably and it'll be used mostly for short distance travel and almost regularly...

I would be grateful if someone here could suggest good one and their price......

Thank You everyone...

Hello Sumeet!

In the budget of 3.5 lacs there are two new good cars available for you!they are the Hyundai i10 and the newly launched Maruti A-Star, There are other cars also in this budget like chevy spark etc, but considering between both of these makes more sense.As you said that you drive mostly in city for short distances so i you will need a petrol car.

Now, Between the Hyundai i10 and A-star, personally i would suggest you the i10 because its nice compact hatch and good for city use.

New A-star is also very nice but firstly i don't personally like its front looks much and another thing I feel is that it has rear quite cramped!

You will be able to get base models of these cars only in this budget but still they are worth considering!Just go and test drive both cars and in which ever you feel good, pick that!but its Hyundai i10 from my side.All the best!smiley1.gif

EDIT : As you have also asked the prices of the cars, Here is pricing of them :

Maruti Suzuki A-Star :

LXi (base) : Rs.3.57 lacs, Ex. Showroom.(Delhi)

Hyundai i10:

D-lite(Base) : Rs. 3.59 lacs, Ex. Showroom.(Delhi)

vibhor2009-01-03 13:05:45

Thx again Vibhor...Hyundai i10...Thats what I've in mind...but my only thing against it happens to be its quite common....The A-star, i'll surely check it once again now.. I would like to add that height is also a factor...Since I'm 6'2''.. Thx once again....

Thx again Vibhor...Hyundai i10...Thats what I've in mind...but my only thing against it happens to be its quite common....The A-star' date=' i'll surely check it once again now.. I would like to add that height is also a factor...Since I'm 6'2''.. Thx once again....[/quote'] Welcome buddy!

Yeah!i10 has become common but its a very good car thats why it has become common!Take eg. of Honda Civic, it has also become very common(atleast in Delhi)but people still love to buy it because its a superb car!..anyways, check out A-Star but as you are saying that height is also a factor so am not sure whether you will feel comfy in it or not because its quite short but the i10 is a tall boy design!smiley1.gif

No problems!...there is still another good option available for you!

its the Chevy Spark!Just go for it if you are not able to go for i10 or A-Star.

Its quite spacious and good in looks too!After some price cuts it now costs aronud as the Alto.smiley1.gif
vibhor2009-01-03 13:29:34

I'm thankful for you help' date='..I'll post about it as soon as I buy the car..I'm gonna buy probably in this month or early feb itself...[/quote'] oh thanks buddy!..its great news!congrats!waiting for your new car's review soon!smiley17.gif

I would like to add that height is also a factor...Since I'm 6'2''..

The Spark is a good car and a steal at its "special" pricing but is unsuitable for tall drivers. I'm 6'1" and the

spark's driver seat has no room for me to place my left knee!! (even

with the driver's seat pushed all the way back) - the central console

and instrument cluster gets in the way - So driving it is uncomfortable to the extent of being painful.

Given that you're an inch taller than me - this may affect you as well.

You might want to consider a used car from a reputed source for under 3L or stick with the Hundai.

I would like to add that height is also a factor...Since I'm 6'2''..

The Spark is a good car and a steal at its "special" pricing but is unsuitable for tall drivers. I'm 6'1" and the spark's driver seat has no room for me to place my left knee!! (even with the driver's seat pushed all the way back) - the central console and instrument cluster gets in the way - So driving it is uncomfortable to the extent of being painful.

Given that you're an inch taller than me - this may affect you as well.

You might want to consider a used car from a reputed source for under 3L or stick with the Hundai.
Well i am 6 feet and own a spark and i dont feel uncomfortable while driving..

And @KSGULYANI, why are you after INDIGO CS in your all posts..

hi,

i m also checking for the new car....

i went to almost every showroom of every brand..

i tried 2nd also from maruti tru value shop.

and what i suggest u to go with chevy spark.....with LS model..it will cost u around 3.2lkh and with power window, stearing, A/C.........

but if you go with hundia i10 then it will cost u more than 3.5lkh on road......same as with A-star..

but if you can streach you budget then no doubt go for i10...that nice, comftable car.

BR

yogesh