archit

Bajaj to launch XCD Sprint 135cc

haha just what i expected!!!smiley36.gif

We knew it was coming, we informed you about it, now its all set to break the cover. Soon Bajaj will unveil the wraps of XCD sprint. But contradictory to our earlier one, we can confidently confirm you the XCD sprint is going to come with 135cc engine not 150cc /125cc as believed. The Discover

How many models in Bajaj will represent different segments individually. Platina(100cc and 125cc), Discover(110cc, 125cc, 135cc), Pulsar(150cc, 180cc, 200cc, 220cc).

Bajaj is playing with the customers. New models are more frequent in Bajaj. Do they think that the buyers of old models fools? How will they get good resale value if new models are launched like this.

Instead if they improve their quality, they'll get more sales and no need of new models.

(This is just my personal view, sorry if it hurts some)

but dear i dont think that there is any competition among all these bcoz the discover 110 as well as 125 have been discontinued,platina 100 is also i think soon will be discontinued,even the discover 135 would be stopped in the near future as there is discover 150 is in line for the future.bajaj had quoted earlier that it wants to concentrate in higher cc models.so no competition among bajaj stablemates.100cc will be extinct in bajaj soon in the future.

@the bikophobic, this is what concerns me. If the Disco 100 and 125 is discontinued, the current owners will suffer. Same goes for Platina100 owners too. You buy a bike and within two years of its launch, it is discontinued or new variant is launched. This is why Bajaj fetches poor resale value.

agree with u crazy cat.but still atleast one can invest on bajaj without thinking about aftersales related issues except poor resale value,but i dont think somebody would want to sell his bike which is emotionally connected to him,atleast to me i love my pulsar toooo muchsmiley27.gif,infact for me its my small brothersmiley31.gif.can you please tell me what are the quality issues in bajaj bikes?

Just a heads up. Mr. Bajaj was on CNBC some hours earlier, and he discussed the perfromance of his company.

In the course of conversation he confirmed that Bajaj is launching a new bike called XCD-135 on 21.01.2009. The bike is being positioned as a 'sporty-commuter'. Fuel efficiency of a 100 cc and performance of a 135cc motor (according to him!).

He also mentioned that Bajaj are going to launch six new prodcuts this year.

How many models in Bajaj will represent different segments individually. Platina(100cc and 125cc)' date=' Discover(110cc, 125cc, 135cc), Pulsar(150cc, 180cc, 200cc, 220cc).

Bajaj is playing with the customers. New models are more frequent in Bajaj. Do they think that the buyers of old models fools? How will they get good resale value if new models are launched like this.

Instead if they improve their quality, they'll get more sales and no need of new models.

[/quote']

Why should that view hurt anyone.  I have said this an another forum and I will repeat myself here.  Bajaj is at present too much into parts bin sharing.  That leads to a lot of mix and match of various models such as Platina 100 and 125, XCD 125 and 135 etc.  This is does not tantamount to new model launches and that is what is making the customer loose interest in Bajaj.  It might be true that inspite of loss of market share Bajaj is still making profits but two quarters from now even that will change.  Bajaj desperetely needs new products from ground up and that could happen because of their part ownership of KTM.

Well I think Bajaj should really think hard since after the great launch of yamaha fz1.6 and the stunner the kind of looks they have brought in there bikes man even apart the looks there engine is also good and nice smooth ones. I have taken the test ride of both the bikes and they are tooooooooo good. I have somehow started hatting bajaj.

the XCD 135 DTS-Si offers features

like 5-speed gearbox, Nitrox filled shock absorbers, digital

speedometer and LED tail lamps along with twin-pilot headlamps. The

bike is available in 5 color options.the bike being powered by a new 135cc 10.6ps engine incorporating Bajaj's swirl induction tech first seen on the XCD 125. The

basic model is priced at Rs 45,000 approx (ex-showroom) while the model

with electric start option is dearer by Rs 2,000. The top-of-the-line

model with disc brakes and electric start will retail for Rs 47,000.

How many models in Bajaj will represent different segments individually. Platina(100cc and 125cc)' date=' Discover(110cc, 125cc, 135cc), Pulsar(150cc, 180cc, 200cc, 220cc).

[/quote']

Why should that view hurt anyone.  I have said this an another forum and I will repeat myself here.  Bajaj is at present too much into parts bin sharing.  That leads to a lot of mix and match of various models such as Platina 100 and 125, XCD 125 and 135 etc.  This is does not tantamount to new model launches and that is what is making the customer loose interest in Bajaj.  It might be true that inspite of loss of market share Bajaj is still making profits but two quarters from now even that will change.  Bajaj desperetely needs new products from ground up and that could happen because of their part ownership of KTM.

I do agree with u all here.. bajaj started this with pulsar at first I believe and now with Platina,XCD,Discover,Avenger atc..

I believe this is not really fare which bajaj must reconsider.

I personally don agree too much parts bin sharing and look for new products from design desk and not just from permutation and combination.

Fit and finish must be improved by Bajaj Auto.They need to spend more on the R&D activities to stay afloat and compete with multinationals in the market.

I am commenting on this aspect because the Bajaj XCD125 is full of cheap plastics all over its body.Its aesthetics is among the worst in the market.

Bajaj's priority in this segment has wrongfully become "ex-showroom low cost".

hey just saw a programme on TV, stating that bajaj messed up with its handling and riding pleasure in this xcd, which they want to sell it along with pulsars as its replacement, though have worked on its fuel efficiency buy harshed on riding and handling.