vinays77

how much litre do i need

i am looking for a new car

after visiting many showrooms and latest models i am confused about one thing....there are models with various engine capacity...like 1.1 litre to 1.6 litre and so on

how much litre engine i should go for...presently i won maritu 800 and need serious upgradation

i do max of 20 km of city driving and once a month highway-long trip

pl adivce me so that i do not buy over capacity nor i want to lag behind

Vinay the 'litre' is a basic conversion of

1 litre= 1000cc.

so your M-800 is basically .8 litre engine.

Now that all depends upon your requirement as well as budget what cc car you should go..

some recent cars have just released too like A-star and

i-20.

you can go through the threads already running on the cars with different segments and different budgets..

...how much litre engine i should go for...presently i won maritu 800 and need serious upgradation...

Leave the CC or litre behind. You take a TD of the cars and see which one suits your roads , traffic, etc and then decide.

yes vinay DF is correct on his part..you need to fix certain constraints and then start looking for new car..

talk about daily up down and occasional highway driving..u can buy anything from M800 to some big SUV..

so atleast mention your budget and daily driving and also the seating capacity needed..

go for 1 litre as it will give decent speed and good pickup compared to m800.i suggest u go for i10,a -star by the way they are 1.1 litre in capacity. and it s a good upgradation from M800.

hi,

i m also looking for a new car and i have roamed many showroom ......in my opinion....litre varies in sports term..if you are a sproty guy u need more litre car.....otherwise 1000cc engine is enough to take load of 4-5 pepole with AC cofertably.....rest you can have to decide about it.

BR

yogesh

thanks freinds

so it means 1.1 litre or at max 1.2 should be quite enough for teh requirement as i have small family (2 adults and 2 kids).

now there is another confusion which i request to please bail me out

i can see lot of engine variants in teh market.......

somebody call it kappa, vtec, dcor,  common rail  and god knows what....

does it really has some meaning for a normal dirver in terms of maintenance and performance is it just marketing gimmicks....?????????/

NO these are not at all marketing gimmicks.. Vtech,Kappa,dicor...thses all have their certain meanings.. Companies have spent millions of dollars in developing them..

Vinay in my opinion a driver should know atleast the basic facts of his car..

but ya if as you are not much into it..so just restrict your choice to some 1.1-1.2 litre petrol car..n dont look for these terms...,else you would get confused...karan_4n2009-01-08 08:55:50

hi all,

let me clarify that the engine name like CRDI(common rail direct ignition), dicor, and other works on the latest technology in which diseal is pull intowards the engine with a high speed just like a gas to compress and ignite it....so in this way the engine work with less diseal and produce more power....

these are about technology part...you don't have to much concern about it because it's a mechanical term in design of engine while purchasing a small family car....

i asked u previously also that if you go for a sporty car then you should look these features.

so what i suppose is don't confuse ..take test drive all the cars..if u want more power u can feel acceleration and pick up speed...this will make u more easy in taking ur deciesion.

Br

yogesh.

thanks freinds

?

so it means 1.1 litre or at max 1.2 should be quite enough for teh requirement as i have small family (2 adults and 2 kids).

?

now there is another confusion which i request to please bail me out

?

i can see lot of engine variants in teh market.......

?

somebody call it kappa' date=' vtec, dcor,??common rail? and god knows what....

?

does it really has some meaning for a normal dirver in terms of maintenance and performance is it just marketing gimmicks....?????????/

?

?
[/quote']

Some of them are marketing gimmicks(kappa) and some are name of technology(common rail).

Common Rail Direct Injection is

CRDI for hyundai, CRDe for Mahindra, Dicor for Tata, etc...

thanks karan, yogesh, joy, crazy cat, durango

i have good inputs from you and would definitely help me to make intelligent choice.

ONE more QUESTION?.....  from where do i get safety rating of the cars  ... like 4* or 5* etc for safety.?