siddhant

AUTOCAR AWARDS 2009 (Now with pictures)

Hello guys!the HDFC BANK UTVI AUTOCAR INDIA AWARDS 2009 are going on at Taj Lands End-Mumbai.I know most of you are aware of it.Some of them are already given,out here goes the list-

BEST DRIVER'S CAR-AUDI A4

VARIANT OF THE YEAR-HYUNDAI i10 KAPPA

GREEN AWARD-HONDA CIVIC HYBRID

ADVERTISMENT OF THE YEAR-TATA INDICA VISTA

INNOVATION AWARD-START-STOP TECHNOLOGY(M&M AND BOSCH)

lots of them stiil to be given out...........ill update this topic......watch this space.

THANXsmiley1.gif

oh so sorry in the exitment i don't know where i put this thread!

anyway its on UTVI.But it is coming off and on-like last update was at 8 o clock.No update after that.....it would probably come soon.....

BANG BANG BANG HERE ARE THEY-

CAR OF THE YEAR-FIAT LINEA

MANUFACTURER OF THE YEAR-HYUNDAI

BEST DESIGN AND STYLING-HONDA CITY

SMALL CAR-A-STAR

MIDSIZE-LINEA

EXECUTIVE-JETTA

LUXARY-ACCORD

SUV-CHEVROLET CAPTIVA

BIKE OF THE YEAR-FZ-16

VIEWRS CHOICE

HONDA CITY(CAR)

FZ-16(BIKE)

Linea had a soft launch in December 2008 as the main launch was getting postponed bcoz of terror strikes. Cars are in showrooms and pricing too is available. According to the SIAM sales report the Linea has sold around 130 cars in December 2008. Heard that Fiat is waiting for Italian team to return from the holidays before launching in formal way in India. but cars have been sold already in the last year.

Not the auto mags, but it is the people of India, the future customers, who want the Linea to succeed. This is evident from the huge interest generated accross many auto forums. I think that no other car has generated so much interest.

Now FIAT has to match the customer's expectations in after sales service and LINEA will surely be a hit in sales figures also.

Congratulations Linea and FIAT

The criteria for COTY eligibility is quite clear and has been the same for years with no change. Cars should be sold before Dec 31. There is a full price list and even proof of invoicing. Fiat has sold 131 cars in Dec 08 as per the official SIAM figures. It would be unfair to exclude any car that has officially been on sale at any point in 2008. It's not the launch which is important but if the cars have left the factory gates for sale. For example, if the official launch of a model the criteria for inclusion then the Nano which was officially launched at the Expo with its price would have had to get included in this year's COTY.  As we all know there is no factory for the Nano yet and no question of it being on sale. It is for the above reasons that magazines like Overdrive and Top Gear have also considered the Linea for 2009 COTY.

Good pics, but FRG where are the pics of other cars which also got awards..

And although Linea deserves the award, but then anybody here knew that Fiat has already sold 131 Linea's....Its shocking actually..

Well all the others who got awards are deserving especially the Bike of the year and Design of the year(cars), but then i think Corolla Altis actually deserved the executive car award rather than Jetta, although Jetta is good car but still Corolla is overall good in terms of value, interiors, reliability, etc...Jetta has few strongest points like Ride quality, Build quality, brand value especially in india, elegant looks, space, etc but it is overpriced and engine isnt that good for this type of car..

The criteria for COTY eligibility is quite clear and has been the same for years with no change. Cars should be sold before Dec 31. There is a full price list and even proof of invoicing. Fiat has sold 131 cars in Dec 08 as per the official SIAM figures. It would be unfair to exclude any car that has officially been on sale at any point in 2008. It's not the launch which is important but if the cars have left the factory gates for sale. For example' date=' if the official launch of a model the criteria for inclusion then the Nano which was officially launched at the Expo with its price would have had to get included in this year's COTY.  As we all know there is no factory for the Nano yet and no question of it being on sale. It is for the above reasons that magazines like Overdrive and Top Gear have also considered the Linea for 2009 COTY.

[/quote']

I think the criteria need to be revisited. After all they are not defined by God. IMHO a  car must have been on sale for at least one month to be eligible for consideration for the award, .

While I have all sympathy for FIAT but COTY to a car which has not been in the hands of the 'aam admi' leaves a bad taste in the mount.