siddhant

AUTOCAR AWARDS 2009 (Now with pictures)

When did Fiat officially announce the prize linea . No one knew the offcial prize of this car in december .Only when we saw the ACI homepage i came to know the prize of car.

Cars cant be sold without official price. If there is sale of cars in december then the price must have been announced. Price list was availble in showroom and dealers were taking booking money too with 1 lakh deposit also

The criteria for COTY eligibility is quite clear and has been the same for years with no change. Cars should be sold before Dec 31. There is a full price list and even proof of invoicing. Fiat has sold 131 cars in Dec 08 as per the official SIAM figures. It would be unfair to exclude any car that has officially been on sale at any point in 2008. It's not the launch which is important but if the cars have left the factory gates for sale. For example' date=' if the official launch of a model the criteria for inclusion then the Nano which was officially launched at the Expo with its price would have had to get included in this year's COTY.  As we all know there is no factory for the Nano yet and no question of it being on sale. It is for the above reasons that magazines like Overdrive and Top Gear have also considered the Linea for 2009 COTY.

[/quote']
I think the criteria need to be revisited. After all they are not defined by God. IMHO a  car must have been on sale for at least one month to be eligible for consideration for the award, .

While I have all sympathy for FIAT but COTY to a car which has not been in the hands of the 'aam admi' leaves a bad taste in the mount.

Then what about i20? launched in Dec 29? did that get into hands of aam admi for a month? no one is saying anything about that car bcoz it won nothing? Please tell me which other reputed award in the world says car should be in hands of aam admi? If rules have been made clear from before then how is it possible to change it in the last minute?

Oh this is big........Linea wins car of the year, though I am mighty happy, as I am a big FIAT fan, I don't understand how even before it is officially launched to the public it was in the reckoning. 325i says that it was invoiced some hundred units but to whom? End customers or dealers?

All official sales for all car companies are to dealers only. This is the industry standard. There is no system of getting official retail (to customer) figures.