rkarthik1986

Best MidSize car

Hi, guys im planning to buy a mid size car, can you please advice me as to which one I should go for...Ive shortlisted the Honda City and Fiat Linea, also I have a 2006 Accent white CRDi which is very well maintained and Im planning to sell it.What would be the best price that I could get for it..The car has run only 32000 and is in a mint condition. CarWale is suggesting a price of 6.2L for individual model.

I will be driving around 800 INS a month mostly on highways.my budget Is around 8 lakhs.i had decided to buy a city but then after seeing that lines being considered the car of the year I'm planning to have a look at it. Also how much can I expect on my Accent CRDi???

Dude I understand from your options that you are looking for only sedans(3box).

But, if you could consider also those large hatchbacks then there is lot to choose from.  More and more people are getting comfortable with the large hatchback car. Why not also add the i20, Gpunto, Xylo into your list.

Just FYI, Fiat linea was awarded car of the year by ACI. Simply, this car is built for the future. Alike New honda city.

agree to your thoughts jbond, fiat linea is definately worth thinking for as also has been awarded Car of the year by Autocar, with features available at par with this car. rkarthik, also new larger hatchbacks are taken into consideration with choices from skoda fabia,hyundai's new i20,fiat's punto.CHEERS!!

Go for Fiat Linea. It is cheaper, with great build quality, FE of a diesel and more features making it a VFM buy. It is more solid and safer than Honda city.

It has been awarded as COTY by Autocar awards and Best Midsize by both Autocar and Overdrive.

And also it has won the shootout between Linea and City, by OverDrive(Jan).Crazy cat2009-01-10 04:23:41

Your running seems to be around 1200km+/month . Between Linea and City its quite tough decision. Im also in same dilemma.

City : Better powered on paper ; Under equipped

Linea : Under powered on paper ; Better equipped

Other main concern is Honda scores big time over Linea in A.S.S. Im not too sure how Tata/Fiat will improve their A.S.S.

The main plus points of Honda City over Linea are - Better after sales service and a more powerful petrol engine. Negatives are - very high price, very less features / gadgets.

Linea will be much better as a family car also due to its better ride quality. It will also have a lower price tag and better features.

Personally I will go for Linea, unless the test drive produces some negative results.

what about the mileage of linea in diesel and petrol.also is tata service reliable-i mean they cant service critical issues in my fiat palio 1.2 petrol model, i doubt theyll take any inyterst in linea unless fiat has a representative sitting in every service centre.

i still think one must wait and watch the user reviews of linea before going in for one, the new honda city is still a proven and tested design with lot of reviews

Every car dealer likes to make money and 'Ugte Suraj ko sab salaam karte hain' so they will start backing the winning horse.

Once Linea start selling well, it will become a self selling car and then its dealers will be falling over each other to provide better ASS than others. So I hope it will not be an issue, unless FIAT again messes up the spares availability. But I dont think the new Indian CEO will let that happen.