anirudh

sale of my fiat palio 1.2 el petrol car

Hi where in the internet can i find websites to sell my 2002 nov palio petrol as the i am finding NO buyuer for it here in dehradun where i am curently based through local classified columns.are these sites reliable and has anyone got the experience of selling his car thru such sites.i have a bhatinda(punjab) registered vehicle.reason for sale is to upgrade to a new car, the said car  has clocked 42500 km.

I will suggest a better option, considering that you might be looking forward to invest into a 3 box car.

Take a look at Fiat Linea....and see if you can upgrade to it using buy back options from any fiat dealer......

Sorry to say, it'll be futile to find a buyer in Dehra Dun. In metro's there may be some hard core Fiat fan's. It won't fetch you much...75K max I think. The sale proceeds will only buy you accessories for your new car. I think it's worthless to sell a car in good condition for so less, so I suggest you keep it as a second car and think of going for a new car.Durango Dude2009-01-13 16:49:07

Hmm..thanks for the feedback folks.sometimes im temted to kep the vehicle but maintaining 2 cars in a government salary is tuff.i agrre the best i can get today is 80000/- only .can anyone suggest some proper fiat dealer who may consider exchange offer near dehradun

Hey, I m a Palio lover, but I have to sell this car due to maintenance issues and my car was basic model without power steering. I sold just 3 months back, I got only 72k. I m located in Ahmedabad, yet i have to wait for 2-3 months for selling the car. You can list your car at : indiaautomobile.com, carwale.com. I have used both these sites and the response was really good. All the best.

what shud be the ideal tyre pressure in all wheels in my palio-28 or 30 or 32 ft lb for max tyre life and fuel efficeincy

Keep 4-5 psi more than the pressures recommended in the Owner's Manual or on the Right Side B-Pillar of the Car. If it is mentioned 28, then keep 32-33 psi, if 30 then 34-35, and so on.

my silencer exhaust assembly has rotted and developed a hole in it. is this standard in palios.the sound of the car exhaust has bcome louder. will this affect mileage .also will it have any other adverse effect.sorry for asking such a out of the context question

This happens on most cars after 4-5 years. You can either spend a

couple of hundred rupees and get it welded by your friendly

neighborhood gas welder (he'll patch the corroded areas with sheet

metal) or get the assembly replaced for a few thousand rupees. I go for

the former unless the corrosion damage is too extensive.

my silencer exhaust assembly has rotted and developed a hole in it. is this standard in palios.the sound of the car exhaust has bcome louder. will this affect mileage .also will it have any other adverse effect.sorry for asking such a out of the context question

This happen's most of the time. Just get it patched and welded, for a few hundred rupees. Changing the exhaust will cost atleast 5000 rupees; not worth. Get it patched and run it, it'll surely give way in a few months so sell it fast.

A tattered silencer consumes more fuel other than spoiling the engine and the fuel system too. Welded silencers don't last more than a few months. Its better to replace the old one for a new one.

The best way to let the silencer last longer is to pour some 200ml or so of used engine oil to reach the muffler through a long plastic pipe with a funnel top, inserted through the tail end. the rusting is saved and the silencers last very long. The oil has to be replenished every few thousand kms as it evaporates.

I dont know how much difference will the K& N Filter make.

Yes you can fit Alloy Wheels to your car for better handling, looks. Also if your old tyres are worn out, replace them with tubeless as Alloys and Tubeless make great combination. You can look for alloys at Aura, Neo, or Fiat-Company's which are available at Fiat Dealers.

Tubeless are less prone to punctures and even if one happened , you can simply fill air and travel for more than 200kms before the air in tyre disappears again. Buy a puncture repair kit (I got it for Rs.350/-) so that you can repair the punctured tubeless tyre yourself without removing it from car.

Dear anirudh,

If, and only if you are a fan of Fiat than you can wait a little longer as Fiat may announce some sort of exchange offer and loyalt bonus. Atleast the offer is bound to be better than the peanuts that you will get in the open market.

I have written to Chairman of Fiat suggesting him the same and has also got a reply from his office, althought the tone is not very positive, but it did agree that such an offer will be made a few months after the launch of Linea and Grand Punto.

Although I didn't cared to ask him back, why a few months later and not immediately. Giving an exchang offer would have put some of the cars on the roads and would have been great in spreading the popularity and a right word. I believe, in the sale of the car, popularity also matters.

Anyhow, myself I don't think I can buy a Fiat again.

Hi folks ow do the followin mods make any difference in this car of mine if added  1. a k and n filter assy(pl suggest something better) 2. alloywheels.thanks

1.K&N air filter alone does not make any performance differance unless u couple it with Modified inlet manifold.Since these are performance based air filters they tend to send more air into cylinder head ideally to increase the volumetric efficieny.But this really does'nt make differance with out modification in inlet manifold.

2.Alloys as said will improve handling unless u go for upsize in tires.If this is not done they jus improve the looks and reduce the overall weight of the car by few KGS. Nothing more.