akash_uranus

FIAT LINEA v/s NEW HONDA CITY

I still maintain its a no brainer.

You just have to look at the sucess of the Dizire Diesel to decide how good the Linea diesel is. Fiat is on a roll.

The money they get from Suzuki would be massive if you take both the swift and Dizire diesel sales.

The petrols from FIAT are iffy, so you want a FE petrol then it should be the Honda, it does not have character i.e. the bold lines the outstanding colour composition the attention to very very tiny details the poise on the road, the well make body shell and the tiny tiny things like plastic mud guards with in the rear wheel arches are absent. The exhaust pipe look like....just a peice of pipe!

The tires are skinny, alloys not there, all these not given by the manufacturer themselves for 900K is glaring.

So Linea has that sort of character and presence on the road and is cheaper and runs of cheap diet. But yes the Honda is brilliant on the engine and aggregates.

Dear All,

I had a test drive of Linea yesterday. The car is indeed stunning and beautiful from outside, but from inside it is a different story.

First of all I cnnot help but notice that with dash protruding too much into the cabin, the space felt very less. Due to heavy cladding on the door and also with the arm-rest down, it felt like there is no space at all but to sit tight in one single position. My Palio feels more sapcious.

Secondly, since I am a Palio owner, I know its shortcoming, take my word for that, I was totally uncomfortable in looking and touching the interriors, as the interriors on my Palio has been coming apart from the first year itself. It was a feeling "you never know, whats coming off next".

Anyway the interiors does not feel as classy as the exterriors. Also I could not help but feel that all the length of the car has been utilized in the boot space only.

Now the important thing about "after sales service", the truth is, at the TATA showroom I went to, there was not even "before sales service". The car presented to us had tainted interriors with black spots all over the beige fabric, again that may be the reason that I doesn't felt like touching anything. The TATA sales person had an indifferent attitude. The chasis was making some sort of noise, on asking, the saleperson told that the car was hit on some speed breaker and since than it is making noise, too bad, presenting a noisy car for test drive. Funny thing is, while test driving I hit it again on a speed breaker, actually I had accompanied some friends for this test drive and at the time the car hit the speed breaker, we were five people in the car and two of us are heavily built, but the speed breaker itself was not that large!, a potential problem due to low ground clearance.

I put up a question to him, is there anybody from FIAT present here at the showroom, the answer was negative. Common Fiat, this has been a big launch for you, can't you just afford to have one of your own man at each of the TATA showroom. We would have felt more comfortable in dealing with a Fiat man rather than a step-mother.

One more problem, the TATA showroom was completely chock-a-block with the likes of taxi drivers and thier white indicas. You doesn't felt welcomed at all amongst those people. A person buying a car worth 8 lakhs need to be pampered just a little bit atleast.

It seems, that service by TATA is a boon for veteran Palio owners who were stranded with their Palios and no service, but it does not look like TATA has real interest in pushing the sales of FIAT cars.

obviously city is better. As its value for money package coz it will fetch u loads in terms of resale which fiat can never atleast for next 10 years. Also new city is new generation car with advanced and integrated specs. Moreover it comes with a honda badge which makes a difference. It has legendary after sales and extremely popular and hence a PRACTICAL CHOICE.... 

Ders another and a much more important side of looking at it..the price and equipment..most buyers look forward to having value for their money..

Fiat linea's top model (emotion pack) costs 7.75 L on road and Honda City's S variant costs 9.05 L on road (prices for Kolkata)..The City offers brutal power and futuristic looks..Linea provides endless list of equipments (including A.C.C, alloy wheels, Blue & Me, My Car,etc.) and elegant looks..

@the previous post: For someone who keeps within the city or even does 1 highway drive in a year, what matters is comfort and kit! The idsi city beat a lot of powerful cars in the segment.

But then theres the dodgy Fiat a.s.s to contend!
Kinshuk2009-01-23 07:07:37

@Sumit - I agree with you, A lot of space has been absorbed by Linea s boot. I expected better rear seat space after seeing the size. Also the Beige in Linea seems that it ll get dirtier faster than beige in other cars.

@Akash- I think Fiat itself knows Linea MJD will constitute around 70 % sales. Linea Petrol will be available soon. But we have to wait for initial reviews. But i think Fiesta S would be best option within 8 lacs for petrol. Above 8 lacs City I Vtec is best option.

Well its not a good sign for Fiat to give less interior space..

When this car looks so big, it should have space, space and space..

I made up my mind for this car only for its space....Although will have to check out the space inside and TD it

well fiat were saying aloud that linea's length is more than the civic/corolla but inside their is no space...what the hell is this ?????? some people will keep making mistakes !!!

fiat should have really given more powerful engines than d ones in linea and by giving such puny engines they have messed up an almost perfect product !!!

Well i have  taken a test drive of Linea , i never felt that cramped up in the car . Agreed car has 500 liters of boot space which is very big if u see it . And i agree clutch position was a lil awkward but its fine u will get use to it though it was very smooth . Interiors looked very nice n i agree they will get dirtier very easily , the things i loved was the door , the handles , they lookes very elegant and in dash system was very good . I got the black colour emotion model for the test drive , finishing looked too good to me compared to old fiat's .  I drove the Diesel model which was noisy , cabin could have been more silent but when u play music u dont find it that noisy also ;D and all those who drive Diesel doesnt feel the sound now .

And now comes d pricing , very god pricing according to me . Fiat never wanted 2 give powerfull petrol engines simply due 2 to the fact they wanted good efficent car . and bigger engine meant expensive tag 2 the car and then it would have landed it into New city price range which they never wanted because by pricing it lower than the honda they r causing  problems for ppl who wanted 2 buy City .

One question:

Why are we comapring Diesel Linea with Petrol City?

The real competitor, within the price range of Linea is Diesel Verna.

Now can anyone please give comparison of D' Verna vs. D' Linea. As per my knowledge the price for top end model is exactly same, just a few hundred rupees apart. I won't be getting into other details just now, let the others comment on it.

However one can compare D' Linea and P' City, if you are streching yourself to purchase a car worth 8 lakh and feel like you won't be left with any money after that to quench its thirst with costly petrol.

Otherwise, I feel, P' Linea and P' City are cars of different class. Linea has extended the boot, just to confuse us, as if it is in the same league of upper C or starting D segement cars. Thrown in some goodies, to overcome its bad image regarding quality, after sale service, resale.

The actual place of P' Linea should have been the mid C segment alongside Fiesta, with the goodies thrown in to just to survive and not to increase the price.

@SUMIT, I believe that Linea and Fiesta belong to the same segment along with Verna, SX4 and City. And all these cars are in C segment only.

One of my Uncle who took TD of Linea said that, its rear seat is comfortable and his height is 6 feet, he had no problem with Head room. He also remarked that its driveability is great and it doesn't feel like it has 1.3l engine with 90bhp. And also the in-gear times posted by Mags shows that its in-gear timings is the best in class.

Hey crazy cat,

I believe even new ford-Ikon belongs to C segement, so what next, will you be comapring Ikon with new CITY.

A car is defined by the class and image it projects.

Otherwise Logan is a very good car, but it projects an image of  "Poor Man's Sedan", and I would never buy it. And please don't start camparing Logan Diesel with Linea Diesel.

Fiat Linea is not in the same class as IKON and Logan which are at the starting end of C segment, also it is not in the same class as SX4 and CITY which are in the upper C segment.

Only by having an extended boot, it is trying to compare with CITY, some people have even compared it to Corolla, Civic and Octavia, which are clearly D segment cars.

I should write here again that the true competitors of Fiat Linea PETROL is Fiesta Petrol and Linea Diesel is Verna Diesel.

relax guys...the fire brigade's here!!!

Well both cars are bad...Honda's overpricing and Fiat doesnt have a solid a.s.s

I say buy an AMG solid engine and merc interiors ...cant complain there can we?? smiley2.gif

@SUMIT' date=' I believe that Linea and Fiesta belong to the same segment along with Verna, SX4 and City. And all these cars are in C segment only.

[/quote']

I've clearly mentioned all the cars on this segment. Then how will i compare a Logan with Linea?

Let us continue with the topic as trojan said and provide info to the topic starter. Cheers mate smiley1.gif

To all the readers;

You may feel that I am grumpy, Yes, I am.

My fight is against those foreign car makers, who are not bringing their best products to India. Why can't we get the World Class products here in India. And when the world class products are brought in they are over priced.

Common fellow Indians, we deserve better for our money.

The problem of inferrior products is more acute than the over pricing. Because if the price is more that I may not purchase it at all. But if the product is inferrior and I have invested my hard-earned money, than what will I do.

Maybe for some "son of a rich guy", its not a problem who can purchase Linea or City from his pocket money, but what about me, who has sweated it out on the shop-floor to save the money for a car. I am talking about this as I had purchased the Palio limited edition endorsed by Sachin Tendulkar, yellow colored, with so much high hopes, but the Fiat has failed my hopes due to low quality interiors and bad A.S.S.

I am stuck with a bad product, with no resale value. I have written to chairman of Fiat, to offer us some exchange offer and loyalty bonus. I was waiting for this as I had liked Linea initially from outside atleast. But when I went for the test drive, in the TATA showroom, I had a feeling that something is wrong and I cannot put my money on a Fiat, not again!

Yeah I can understand how bad a Fiat owner feels about A.S.S. of Fiat. We had an Uno D, but we felt the local mechanic did good job and we serviced it with him.

Honda can also be added to your list. They didnot even provide alloy wheels for a model that costs 10 lac.

One question:

Why are we comapring Diesel Linea with Petrol City?

The real competitor' date=' within the price range of Linea is Diesel Verna.

Now can anyone please give comparison of D' Verna vs. D' Linea. As per my knowledge the price for top end model is exactly same, just a few hundred rupees apart. I won't be getting into other details just now, let the others comment on it.

However one can compare D' Linea and P' City, if you are streching yourself to purchase a car worth 8 lakh and feel like you won't be left with any money after that to quench its thirst with costly petrol.

Otherwise, I feel, P' Linea and P' City are cars of different class. Linea has extended the boot, just to confuse us, as if it is in the same league of upper C or starting D segement cars. Thrown in some goodies, to overcome its bad image regarding quality, after sale service, resale.

The actual place of P' Linea should have been the mid C segment alongside Fiesta, with the goodies thrown in to just to survive and not to increase the price.
[/quote']

In the weekend issue of The Telegraph, der was a shootout between the Linea, Fiesta, n Verna diesels by Ouseph Chacko (not sure tho) (ACI)..d verdict given der was that Linea is the best of the 3..Verna is the most powerful..but the Linea wins hands down on equipment and fuel efficiency..

hello all, though i am not an expert but still feel that a honda vehicle is far more better to own then fiat's not because fiat doesnt have good products line but they fail badly on their service,backups, customer satisfaction departments which any customer would want to have along with his car owned.