rkarthik1986

Selling Accent CRDi

Hi Guys,

Im planning to sell my Accent CRDi (2006-done 32000kms, TN Registered), the vehicle is in excellent condition. Im seeing in CarWale.com an individual value of 6.1 lakhs, registered for the vehicle. I want to buy a new city, do advice me as I should go about selling the accent separately or if I can get a good exchange rate on buying the city. Im looking somewhere around 5.75 lakhs for my car as minimum, as the car is in ver good condition, not even a scratch or dent.

@Karthik- I aint sure if you would get 6 lacs quote right now. Accent CRDI is outta production now so obviously resale might not be at its peak. i think you should expect 5-5.25 lacs max. Anything above that would be a bonus.

How come you aint going for a diesel sedan??

Well 6lacs seems impossible because the price of the new car then was around 7.5-8lacs..so you cant get 6lacs now when its discontinued already, and better diesel cars are available at cheaper rates like Ikon, Dzire, Logan etc..

Expect 4.75-5lac...

5.75 lakhs for a 3year old accent when a brand new accent can be had for less than that seems far fetched. Like others said it is a discontinued product plus a whole lot of better cars are out there.

i think you are very lucky if you get 4 lakhs for it....

6 lakhs...buddy are you joking ?????? accent crdi's engine dint have a good reputation in market so realistically speaking expect 4.5 lacs....dats d max u will get....but y r u selling ur diesel car and buying a petrol one ????

I think the resale of your car will be governed by the fact that what else could have been bought from the same money. If we talk about a 5.5-6 lakh bracket then please remember, for that price new D'Zire diesel could be purchased.

I didn't want to be mean! but I have no idea if the resales down south are so high. In north, I have seen people selling their 1 year old cars with 30% chopped off. 

Anywhere between 4 to 4.5L will be OK. The Accent CRDi had a three cylinder engine which is extremely economical but now dated. Some 3 cylinder rattles are evident.

But these cars resell well in the 2nd hand car market and just compare. Ikon diesel has no buyers even for Rs 2.5 L whereas the Accent CRDi still commands almost double the resale value.