thackervijay

Tata Aria, now launched pg10

Indicruz is supposed to be the most awaited car at Auto Expo'10

It is suppose to be the Best Indian Vehicle,  across any fields, be it power, performance, features,... etc

Totally unmasked Pictures for the first time

indicruz-tata--corrected-co_3.jpg

3_4-rear-view-blue-copy_0.jpg

The upcoming Tata Crossover vehicle known internally as the Indicruz will be the most expensive and luxurious model in Tata Motors

The entire story is very appealing except the last sentence. 

Costing above Rs 12 to 13 lakhs ? 

If so, then Innova had to worry.  

Endeavour should be cautious.

Xylo is safe. 

Fortuner need not worry at all. 

That's my hunch.

The third row window looks a bit odd with

(a) a quarter glass between the 2nd window glass and the 3rd window glass. 

(B) a quarter metal sheet above the tail lamps.

In addition to the above, the front grille seems to be much bigger than what is required.

Wheels look really huge and solid.
rameshbabu.n2009-12-23 08:46:06

Tata is always SEGMENT CREATOR with Sumo, Sierra, Estate, Safari, INDICA, INDIGO, NANO...

INDICRUZ may possibly be positioned in Rs. 8-10 lakh price bracket....WITH LOADS OF GOODIES ONLY AVAILABLE IN THE LUXURY CARS  at a price which surely is higher than Safari but far too lower than any luxury car in its category.....

BEST BUY.... :-)

12-13 lakhs for a Tata ,ta ta.

I could not help but laugh at how truthful this statement is.

The third row window is extremely awkward, hopefully we wont see it in the production vehicle.

Tata needs to reposition itself completely in this segment as all of it vehicles in this category are getting beaten by Mahindra. Grande by Xylo, Safari by Scorpio.  I had expected it to be priced below Innova at Xylo(approx 8 lakhs) range and Grande to be pushed to Bolero range 6 lakhs

This thing wont go running out of showroom at 12 lakhs let it be the most feature rich car in India!

rahul18102009-12-23 12:52:06

I agree with the majority here. A TATA product at a price of 12-13L seems ridiculous.

Neither does TATA have the brand name to carry of such a price tag and the products quality will obviously not justify the price. I would rather go for the Innova, still.

12-13 lakks for a tata ? lets see , why not ? 8 lakhs for i20 and 9 lakhs for jazz , aren't they selling to ? customer today wants luxury with ASS and cheap maintenance . People may argue about niggles but people are ready to live with it and with interior quality of the manza i won't be supprised if they get a big chunck of MUV market

Edit: indicruz was desgined keeping in mind the european market , if they can even get sales in hundreds in India i don't think tata would be disappointed
sarabjeet2009-12-24 07:44:30

If a TATA is priced above 12 Lakhs who will buy it? 8-10Lakhs will be a reasonable price for this vehicle. I think the pictures given above are not of the real one's but its just a rendering. The third window area looks not digesting along with the other parts of the body.

IMHO, 12-13L shall look too much for Indicruz. Im not saying Tata here because they possess the prowess to build vehicles with International standards now.

Indicruz is a people mover, Innova is the king of people haulers as of now. Tata should opt for a road that undercuts Innova to make their vehicle appealing. If this strategy works, they can later hike prices over  the Innova.

I think 12 lakhs is a good price for the top end model come on guys M&M was nothing before scorpio they also didn't command image for 8lakhs plus on SUV but now the product is improved overall so people don't hesitate to buy it .Also if the quality levels and fit and finish is in innova league then there are many potential buyers .

Just look at the manza it 3 times more improved over the previous gen one , the Safari is there since more than a decade so they know what they are upto.

With these alloys its looking good actually, sportier than Innova. I think it will have more road presence than Innova or Xylo. Also i think its targeted at Niche clients but i hope they dont loose both niche as well as Taxi clients.

12-13L is high but still i feel it will have very good fit and finish as its also being tested in Europe for long time, and long feature list with safety features will surely shoot up the prices, still the OTR price should not go beyond 11lac. Also why Tata Motors are considering this as Safari replacement, this is a MUV while Safari is a SUV. I hope they know the difference between both.