thackervijay

Tata Aria, now launched pg10

Looks like a QUALITY product and that too from TATA. I never thought I would see this day but alas, it is here. Lets hope it devlieres all that it has promised and IS a quality product along with looking like one.

Aria looks like a locomotive and I'd fit proper loco sirens instead of horn's. It would look intimidating when seen in the rear view mirror. The headlight's are unique and futuristic. I think after seeing the photo's may be Tata will getaway with the 12-13 lakh pricetag, provided it's suitably kitted out. It should have a branded ICE with 4 DVD 7" monitor's, amp/subwoofer and a minimum 10 speaker's, bluetooth phone, rear view camera, alloys, Climatronic dual zone a/c, 6 airbags, ABS/EBD, all wheel disc's, TCS, Xenon's and LED tail lamps, tyre pressure sensor's, leather interior's, panoramic sunroof, mad massaging cooled electric seat's with memory, pantry with chef thrown for free, then may be 12-13 lakhs.

WOW!! Are we sure its a TATAsmiley36.gif!! Sorry, but i couldn't help myselfsmiley17.gif(horrible past experiences with TATA). I seriously did not expect such a brilliant car from TATA. Now only time will tell whether the car is acctually as good as it seems.

Unbelievables things are happening as far the Tata Motors is concerned. With the launch of Manza and Aria , TML has marked its presence in this competitive Motor Industry.

Good luck TML.....

The interior of Venture looks more spacious and the third row seat is wider than Aria. The middle seat of second row in Aria looks very flat like a school bench. 

Aria interior

motoroids_tata_aria_auto_expo006.jpg

Venture interior

motoroids_tata_venture_auto_expo001.jpg
jimgeo2010-01-10 11:50:30

The interior of Venture looks more spacious and the third row seat is wider than Aria.?The middle seat of second row in Aria looks very flat like a school bench.?

?

Aria interior

motoroids_tata_aria_auto_expo006.jpg

?

Venture interior

motoroids_tata_venture_auto_expo001.jpg

naaaa.... look at the angles from which the pics. are taken!

@arreddy: I agree that the angles are different. The leg space will be same or more in Aria in real but look at the third row seats. Venture has three seats as same as the second row. I think the wheel arch in Aria is eating the width of the third row.

@arreddy: I agree that the angles are different. The leg space will be same or more in Aria in real but look at the third row seats. Venture has three seats as same as the second row. I think the wheel arch in Aria is eating the width of the third row.

Seems like Aria has less Area than Venture smiley36.gif

When tata is going to go for a premium tag' date=' i expected a bigger mill, or even increased output. Sadly nowadays everything from Grande to Aria will be powered by same mill.[/quote']

Tata could use the 1.3 MJD (or the 1.6 mjd if its about to come)

But i guess the 1.3 could be less powerful as compared to TCIC or DICOR.

The only thing that favours the MJD is its good torque delivery, but IMO TCIC or DICOR could be more suitable for such a heavy vehicle like Aria. May be that's why they didn't try anything different.

The interior of Venture looks more spacious and the third row seat is wider than Aria. 

The reason here is Aria got Wider Tyres than Venture' date=' so that wheel wells protude into back seat

Tata could use the 1.3 MJD (or the 1.6 mjd if its about to come)
But i guess the 1.3 could be less powerful as compared to TCIC or DICOR.
The only thing that favours the MJD is its good torque delivery, but IMO TCIC or DICOR could be more suitable for such a heavy vehicle like Aria. May be that's why they didn't try anything different.

I don't understand anything here.

MJD pulling a two tonner will make it go like a Bullock Cart. Even a slightly heavy Punto remains the slowest to reach 100 in its segment.

Make use of EDIT buttons to post in short intervals.

I don't understand anything here.

MJD pulling a two tonner will make it go like a Bullock Cart. Even a slightly heavy Punto remains the slowest to reach 100 in its segment.

Quite true..it ain't that powerful.

Post edited

Note from mod: While quoting, quote only a small relevant portion & not the entire post.
BornFree2010-01-11 06:45:05

Aria looks like a locomotive and I'd fit proper loco sirens instead of horn's. It would look intimidating when seen in the rear view mirror. The headlight's are unique and futuristic. I think after seeing the photo's may be Tata will getaway with the 12-13 lakh pricetag' date=' provided it's suitably kitted out. It should have a branded ICE with 4 DVD 7" monitor's, amp/subwoofer and a minimum 10 speaker's, bluetooth phone, rear view camera, alloys, Climatronic dual zone a/c, 6 airbags, ABS/EBD, all wheel disc's, TCS, Xenon's and LED tail lamps, tyre pressure sensor's, leather interior's, panoramic sunroof, mad massaging cooled electric seat's with memory, pantry with chef thrown for free, then may be 12-13 lakhs.

[/quote']

This post was featured in the February edition of Autocar magazine smiley1.gif

Aria looks like a locomotive and I'd fit proper loco sirens instead of horn's. It would look intimidating when seen in the rear view mirror. The headlight's are unique and futuristic. I think after seeing the photo's may be Tata will getaway with the 12-13 lakh pricetag' date=' provided it's suitably kitted out. It should have a branded ICE with 4 DVD 7" monitor's, amp/subwoofer and a minimum 10 speaker's, bluetooth phone, rear view camera, alloys, Climatronic dual zone a/c, 6 airbags, ABS/EBD, all wheel disc's, TCS, Xenon's and LED tail lamps, tyre pressure sensor's, leather interior's, panoramic sunroof, mad massaging cooled electric seat's with memory, pantry with chef thrown for free, then may be 12-13 lakhs.
[/quote']

If they give Aria with PS, AC, 3 front facing row, Front 2 door PW & ABS for Rs 8L, Tata got a winner( also say segment leader) in hand.

Tata Motors finally gave the world a peek into the Aria, formerly known as the Indicruz. The Aria has a luxurious and spacious interior. From the pictures above, it can be inferred  that the Aria comes with bold new styling unlike other Tata cars.