well i have driven both the cars well there is a very very tough 2 chose between both the veriants. Since both are good. Well maruti is an old brand no doubt and swift performance everyone is aware with.

on the other hand the new I20 is new to the market that is the other thing that i10 has made its name in the market but it is not that this car will also because it is new for all of us.

See the price tag difference is there between both the cars. I will say if u can wait for the performance then I think it will be a nice advice from my side and if not then I will suggest u to go for swift diesal. Very good car my uncle is driving it and he is appreciating like anything. On the other hand with i20 the kind of goodies they are giving with car it is a class in its own since these kind of facility most of them is only with either civic or sokada cars so far i know. That u will not get in swift.arjunb252009-01-22 18:04:29

if u can spend those extra bucks for i20 n its running cost (14kmpl overall)doesnt matter- boss hands down go for it. its the best car available in this size. i own swift vdi also n it give 20kmpl and is a-bit quicker. but thats the only +ve point.

The i20 has a lot of features but sadly they have'nt brought in a compatible engine to do the job better. The Kappa engine is excellent for the i10 but sadly the i20's heavier bodyshell is also made to run with this. I guess Hyundai was in a hurry to introduce this model and later on the CRDi and a larger petrol engine can be expected.

As of now the Swift LDi/VDi are much better as  buys.