sgiitk

Euro-IV Fuels?

Any idea about what is the octane rating and cetane rating of Petrol and Diesel respectively sold on ESSAR Fuel Pumps?

@sudeepd: Please look before you post. You did not care to follow through on my second post in the thread, which gives the URL. Just follow through on that.

Further information is also on the ioc site. On the ioc site the headers for both the columns for Diesel reads Bharat-II even though the second column is Stage III. 

When I read about emission norms in India and European market, I always wonder whats the difference between Euro emission norms and Bharat Stage emission norms. Are they both the same with just different names? Is Euro III emission norm different from Bharat Stage III emission norm? Or is Euro IV emission norm equivalent to Bharat Stage III emission norms? Can anyone help me to clear out my confusion on the same?

You are right. Any differences if at all are very minor. How can 'Mera Bharat Mahan' be seen using the norms of our erstwhile rulers? smiley2.gif

Yes you are right but I just want to know what's that minor difference.

@sudeepd: Please look before you post. You did not care to follow through on my second post in the thread' date=' which gives the URL. Just follow through on that.[/quote']

Sorry Sir,

I did not see that post before. Now as I have read it, I got some knowledge about the Fuels (Petrol, Diesel, and Bio-Diesel).

But Sir, Can one use the Bio-Diesel in the car which needs B-II or B-III norms Diesel?

Namaskar

Whatever changes occur to the fuels in terms of their chemical composition, there's always a problem at majority of petrol bunks in metropolitan cities, reason being adulteration! It's well known dealers add unscrupulous stuff to the fuel they buy, so nobody can be damn sure unless they know the dealer personally or its a company owned outlet or some reputed company like Shell

Namaskar

Whatever changes occur to the fuels in terms of their chemical composition' date=' there's always a problem at majority of petrol bunks in metropolitan cities, reason being adulteration! It's well known dealers add unscrupulous stuff to the fuel they buy, so nobody can be damn sure unless they know the dealer personally or its a company owned outlet or some reputed company like Shell[/quote']

You are absolutely right. In the present era it has really become difficult to judge which petrol pump give you adulterant free petrol.

will the price of pertol will increase when EIV comes into effect?

Only God and 'Bharat Sarkar' know. I will be surprised if the fuel modifications for EIV will add up to more than 50p per litre

@DreamTheCar: I think they are nought, but then I must play safe!

sgiitk2009-03-25 05:52:14

yes Mr.Sgiitk,they should not rise price since oil price low now(should also be low in 2010) and now oil companies are seeing Rs 5-7 of profit per liter.

Sudan,

The oil prices are low only until Elections. After that they will increase by at least Rs.5/- for Petrol and Rs. 3-4/- for Diesel.