yash

DZIRE

Hi I am new to this group.

I need some advice; I am planning to buy my first sedan shape car.

I was thinking of swift dzire VXI (looks cool).

Are there any other cars in this car range which I should give a thought before buying apart from this?

My usage will be mostly in city with around 600 Km per month

Maruti DZire is a very good car. In the same price bracket, you can also look for M&M Logan 1.4, but Logans are not selling very well these days. I will recommend Logan, only if you are going for diesel.

Otherwise, you can wait for a couple of months for the all new Tata Indigo(based on Indica vista).

I believe that at this time and in this price range HYUNDAI ACCENT is very nice pacage ..BETTER LOOKING ,MORE POWERFUL,MORE SPACE,BETTER BUILT ,AND GOOD HUNDYAI AFTER SALE SERVICE..AND AT THE AMAZING PRICE OF Rs.....4.99lac.....GREAT DEAL FOR SURE...have a look at this option

Thanx for those instant replies.

Actually seeing Dzire I have stretched up my budget, initially i was going for swift but the dream of sedan shape car made me change my mind.

My father and I will be driving it. As the usage is less around 500 KM per month, I would prefer petrol version. But heard that there are many cars in and around that range the Ford Ikon,the Mahindra Logan,the Aveo and the TATA indigo.

Need to see these.

Yash since its petrol , its better you go for the Dzire.

Ikon - Dated

Logan- Almost dated.lol

Aveo- Good option , but its a GM!!

Indigo- Petrol aint refined. Stay away from its petrol.

Do also give a look at SX4 vxi . I heard there are good discounts for it!!

If you can stretch your budget i will recommend SX-4 and also have a look at Fiat Linea petrol. I don't have much idea on the Linea petrol but the car seems to be a good overall package and starts from around 6 lacs or so.

Thanks a lot for all those informative replies guys. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

As my budget is up to 6L I am still in dilemma between the chosen two cars viz DZIRE or Aveo.

Aveo base model 1.4 is available in around 5.95 on road

with DZIRE VXI as 5.35 and DZIRE ZXI (with ABS, airbags and alloy) as 6.25.

Out of these Aveo looks good than Dzire.

But don

If it had been a Diesel involved i would have said Dzire with closed eyes but as you are going for a Petrol model i feel Aveo has a better feel to it

Though the only downside is that it is a GM product but then they are offering 3 year Zero maintanace package

Aveo may be a better looking car, but dzire is much more practical! Since you were initially looking at the swift, I assume that you pretty much liked the swift's driving dynamics! Also when it comes to servicing and spares, I think Maruti is much better and swifts are so common these days that you can get it serviced almost anywhere!

Finally if the VXI is cheaper than the aveo by more than 50k, then you shouldnt even think of the aveo! If you have the budget you can stretch to the zxi too!

And when it comes to re-sale value, I'm sure aveo will not match up to the dzire! GM cars in India have a very poor re-sale value!

So it should be the dzire for you without any doubt!

Thanks a lot for all those informative replies guys.

As my budget is up to 6L I am still in dilemma between the chosen two cars viz DZIRE or Aveo.

Aveo base model 1.4 is available in around 5.95 on road

with DZIRE VXI as 5.35 and DZIRE ZXI (with ABS, airbags and alloy) as 6.25.

Out of these Aveo looks good than Dzire.

But don

Well, if it had been me, i would have gone for Aveo if the only option is Dzire or if my budget is less than Accent Executive for sure..

Although Dzire is good car to drive but atleast to me it doesnt looks good, it feels cramped from inside, the plastics are below average, the build quality isnt great, the boot will trouble you while reversing and last though it has boot, to me sedan is not only by boot so i wont consider it a sedan...If boot isnt your priority and if you are going for Dzire just for the sake of that SEDAN badge, its better you go for Swift Zxi or even i20 Magna or Asta which are better in all terms except boot..

And with Aveo though it isnt fun to drive but has best-in-class interiors, looks better than Dzire, its far more comfortable, build quality and ride quality is brilliant and for 3years it wont trouble you..

Best of Luck..

if you can stretch your budget , have a look at new i20, much better built with enough of 295L of boot space with loads of features to have.Out of Dzire and Aveo, if looks are not your concerns with swift and also of its rear space, nothing wrong in going for dzire, but aveo is far superior in its quality and is a perfect sedan, along with GM 3yr maintenance offer, but with the company in fiancial trouble, do rethink before opting.CHEERS!!!

If you can live with the contrived looks of the Dzire then go for it. Also keep in mind that the rear seat passenger will have a dingy feeling (small windows) and tight leg-space which in uncomfortable for long rides. 

If you are going in for a petrol vehicle then this is one of the better options. Try the diesel. Modern diesel engines do not need daily running of 50 km or so. Try Dzire VDi or Ford Ikon TDCi 1.4 which is in the same price range.

I dont understand why you want a big boot of Dzire if you are going to do only

500K per month. If you dont want a big boot try the swift or i20