alok.shankar.m

degrading milage of swift diesel

That is what i'm telling buddy. LS' engine might be good for low speeds like 70kph and at 110kph it might be strained. Where as Dicor's engine might be at ease at speeds of 110 but not suited for 70k.

And also it depends of number of braking and gear changes.

Where as Dicor's engine might be at ease at speeds of 110 but not suited for 70k.

But the Dicor's Owner's Manual recommends "Driving at Speed of 80 kph in 5th Gear will give BEST Fuel Efficiency".

The Sticker on the Windscreen/A Pillar of Driver's Side of Dicor recommends "Driving at Speed of 70kph in 5th Gear will give BEST Fuel Efficiency".

Then how I am getting more mileage at speeds of 120+ kph as compared to the mileage at speed of 70kph.

I think TATA Motors Ltd recommend "Driving at 70 kph to keep the car in control (?)".

Does this happen only with DICOR (Tata Motors Ltd's Direct Injection Common Rail) Engines or other Common Rail Engines (Mahindra & Mahindra's CRDe, Hyundai's CRDi, Fiat's Multijet, Ford's ....., Renault's ...... (Dont know what name did Ford and Renault give to their Common Rail Technology)?

"Driving at 70 kph to keep the car in control (?)".Does this happen only with DICOR (Tata Motors Ltd's Direct Injection Common Rail) Engines or other Common Rail Engines (Mahindra & Mahindra's CRDe' date=' Hyundai's CRDi, Fiat's Multijet, Ford's ....., Renault's ...... (Dont know what name did Ford and Renault give to their Common Rail Technology)? [/quote']

lol...may be for control. I'm not quite sure about whether it happens only with Dicor or all cars. But I found that Logan is comfortable at 80-100kph, it gave around 20kpl and while driving above 120kph, it returned 17kpl.