cruiser

Is it worth waiting for JAZZ

Hey guys, i am working from Sydney now and i have seen the Jazz here.. not much to talk about! I will try to get some pics of this one!

Definately if you want to buy a Jazz just go for it since its a Honda! nothing else!

Recent Past awards for Jazz :

* Japan Car of the Year for the year 2001-2002 and 2007-2008

* Car and Driver's Best Small Car in its 2007 2008 and 2009 10Best lists.

* Top Gear Survey 2006: Best Small Car

* Top Gear Survey 2006: Second Best of all cars in the survey (After the Honda S2000)

* Greenercars.org's One of the Greenest Vehicles of 2007 and 2008

* MotorWeek Drivers' Choice Awards 2007: Best Small Car

* MotorWeek Drivers' Choice Awards 2007: Best of the Year

* Best Economy Car for 2008, U.S. News & World Report[38]

* Top 10 Urban Vehicles for 2008 - Cars.com[39]

* 2009 Car of the Year Finalist, Motor Trend[40]

Well i have seen many Jazz abroad but seriously speaking looks arent that great..Just wait if you wanna own Honda and nothing else..It will be good in driving, performance, etc but expect less equipments, not so exciting looks and high price tag in India..And it is expected to have price similar to Fabia or even higher than that..And please please dont compare Swift with Jazz or even i20...

And it is expected to have price similar to Fabia or even higher than that..And please please dont compare Swift with Jazz or even i20...

@BS- i dont think anyone can price hatchback above Fabias !smiley36.gif

We can expect it to be priced little above i20 maybe.

i remember reading one of the ACI issues about Jazz being launched about in mid of 2009 , with a 1.2 ltr engine to benefit from the excise duty and one more engine which the current city as that is 1.5 i-vtec. Also read that they will launch the higher end model with paddle shift.

@Jb- Well obviously it ll be wider than Swift. First of all lets put Swift out of any comparison with i20 , Jazz & GP. I think Jazz will be roomier than i20.

-Its quite obvious it wont come as a VFM. From where did Vista come in to the list???? Well it ll be more expensive than GP and might have slight premium over i20. We cant dream that Honda would price it cheaper than i20. Cos we know how Honda is when it comes to pricing.

@Jb- Well obviously it ll be wider than Swift. First of all lets put Swift out of any comparison with i20 ' date=' Jazz & GP. I think Jazz will be roomier than i20.

-Its quite obvious it wont come as a VFM. From where did Vista come in to the list???? Well it ll be more expensive than GP and might have slight premium over i20. We cant dream that Honda would price it cheaper than i20. Cos we know how Honda is when it comes to pricing.

[/quote']

- If its wide, its gonna be tough for the newbies to drive. Buyers are gonna think twice before going for it.  Also Jazz would have low driver seats(center of gravity) which wont be very helpful for city driving.

- Talking about Vista. Believe me or not the Vista dimension are good enough to compete with the trio i.e GP, I20 and Jazz.

About the Roominess, check out the dimensions of all these cars. Vista, GP,I20, Jazz all have a wheel base of 2500 approximately. (varying only by 25mm max)

jbond8302009-01-29 12:46:46

Well 1st of all i dont think many newbies would go for Jazz. For a 1st car everyone would prefer a car like i10, Santro , A-star. Well why comment on the seats of the car before seeing the Indian version??Lets wait & watch.

Vista is a class below , so inspite of its dimensions lets keep it out of this. Vista is for people wanting VFM . The trio are premium hatchbacks. So lets compare the trio.