vasist

need more power

Guys I own a Fiat palio stile 1.1 . It has done around 2k kms and its very underpowered . I use it mostly for weekend outings with five people including me on board . It simply refuses to climb steep roads even in second gear . It is very annoying especially in ghats . Is there any way i can get some more power without compromisng on reliabilty . Where can I get it done in Bnagalore , how much would it cost ? please help . you people are my only ray of hope .  

Guys I own a Fiat palio stile 1.1 . It has done around 2k kms and its very underpowered.

Did you notice any change after the first service (or is the first service still due) ?

Have some patience and be gentle on the engine for the first 3-4K km's. The performance might get a little better once the car has done 5K km's.

The car that you've purchased is inherently underpowered - but its adequate for sedate driving. That said, there are several things that car be done to improve performance - but they will void your warranty.

There is no such modification, that just improves your power and no effect on reliability. And you will void your warranty too.

Don't strain it, as it is not pulling. Just give the engine its time. As said by Dtandon, drive carefully for first 5k

Didn't you take TD of it? While taking TD, drive the car where you drive the most or in similar road condition.

Don't expect any performance from the Palio Stile 1.1, it has a paltry 58bhp and that can just about pull the car with a single person ,read driver, not a full complement of 5 that the car can seat and don't expect it to climb ghat road's. Turn off the a/c and then you may make some progress. Palio is a heavy car and the puny 1.1 lit engine is not even as powerful as the 1.1 Getz engine.

hey vasist there is no much option of increasing the power of your car to a grat extent!

even if u add a turbocharger to the car(app 1lakh rs) your car will at the most squence out more 20bhp!

u have a good car but with a very small engine!

the solution to this is u can just go for an engine swap!

u can add in a 1.5 vtec or the palio 1.6 engine!

Note From Admin: Use of SMS lingo is strictly prohibited on the forum. 'You' is not 'u'. Please take time out to type your posts properly and review each post carefully from the next post onwards or the posts will be deleted without any notification.
FuelRunGod2009-03-12 16:25:26

@sanjay

Please don't try to fit the Turbocharger in your Palio. Because if not done properly, it will ruin (Satyanash) your car. Please keep the Air Cleaner Element Clean. Change the Spark Plugs and Engine Oil.

Change Air filters or do call

KS Motorsports, Mumbai: +919821266669

AR motorsports, Mumbai: +919869045084
Viper Performance, Mumbai: +919821421948

Speed Demon Tuning: Mumbai: 02224974286
N1 Engineering, Mumbai: 09821221791
Game Over Tuning, Mumbai: 9833134940
Overboost, Mumbai: 9870178696