Rajeevraj

Second hand Zen

Hi Folks,

I was planning to buy a second hand car and came across a 2004 Model Zen Lxi at Maruti True Value. I like the car a lot. Does it make sense to buy it since Maruti has stopped production. The dealer was of the opinion that there is still a very good demand for the old zen and hence will have resale value also.

This particular car has run 40,000km and the price quoted is 2.7Lakhs. I trust the truevalue outlet since my last car purchase was also from them. I know the price is probably high. But what i am concerned more about is that it has run 40,000 km.

Any comments/suggestions please?

Thanks,

Rajeev

I have a 01 ZEN its a lovely car better than the new one ,my is a carboratter type this would be MPFi. The car scores well on gearbox ,silent ride,good performance .I think the only dissappointing thing is its ground clearance. You can improve it by putting higher specs tires and can raise height by other means .Its handling is sexy and there is nothing like body roll. Its a nice choice go ahead only if it has got the history of service.

Yes if it is Maruti Certified car and comes at a good price goo for it. you will have 1 year warranty plus 3 free services. and the Old NEw Zen ( 2004 and after that) is good and better than the New Estilo.

its the Lxi variant. Bright red colour. not a common colour i suppose as i have not seen many on the roads... it has a great road presense... 

One negative i felt is seating position seems a little low, even though i am 5'11.

That is a little hinderance in the bumper to bumper traffic of bangalore where every centimeter is critical :)

its the Lxi variant. Bright red colour. not a common colour i suppose as i have not seen many on the roads... it has a great road presense... 

One negative i felt is seating position seems a little low' date=' even though i am 5'11.

That is a little hinderance in the bumper to bumper traffic of bangalore where every centimeter is critical :)
[/quote'] Yes the seat is low but it has good center of gravity .I am abt 6ft and thats why upgrading to swift ZXi which has height adjust .

Hi Rajeev,

i personally own a 2001 model and it has done 40,000 Kms... Zen's are low on maintainence and good value for money car... wid good power, gr8 pick up and a good fuel effiiciency... i get an average of 15 Kmpl in city wid 30 % time of A/c and wtihout it it returns abt  16Kms... and in the highways it returns abt 20 Kms with a speed of 80-90 Km/hr...

I have also touched a 162 Km/hr on my zen on Pune - Mumbai Expressway... (Incase ur interested in the speed)

Quick Acceleration By gears

1St Gear - 40 Km/hr

2nd Gear - 80 Km/hr (after that differential doesn't take it!!! But it Rockets man)

3rd Gear - 120Km/hr

4th gear - 150 Km/hr

5th Gear - Nirvana !! (160 Km/hr)

So i think by now u must have got the benefits of having a zen

A pure drivers car!!!

drive my zen bro and u'll find out wht it means... absolutely on a stock mode and done only 39000 kms... i use it very less in the city and more on highways and yes 39000 Kms only and that too in 6 yrs...  and that 0-80 Km/hr is just like thrilling and i still get goose bumps man!!

I love this peace of machince..... and yeah i have put 100/130 Watt Bulbs (Philips) and changed the wiring and the relays... costed me 1200 Bucks for the wiring and 400 Bucks for the lighting and now its superb... Night vision is gr8...