CYRUS43

AUTOCAR Young Driver 09-3rd Round list up

I was able to play complete 4 sections each of 10 question without any problem.

I played yesterday morning or afternoon, don't remember.

But after answering last question of section 4, I was told that I will be informed by email if I get selected for Round 2.

I was able to play complete 4 sections each of 10 question without any problem.
I played yesterday morning or afternoon' date=' don't remember.
 But after answering last question of section 4, I was told that I will be informed by email if I get selected for Round 2.
[/quote']

Thats absolutely correct. You will recieve an email stating wether you have been selected to move on.

I also received sms followed by a call from Young Driver09 just now telling I have qualified for Round 2. They have called me to my nearest Maruti Driving School (Pune).

I was given date 14th Feb and time 1:30pm.

I am very desperate about this event.

sudeepd2009-02-10 09:28:28

Can we have some discussions on the questions asked on Youngdriver09.

In that one question was somewhat like this-

Suppose if you have to park the car on a slope. In what direction would you keep the tyres turned?

a. Towards the kerb,

b. Away from the kerb,

c. Straight-line.

So what is this kerb actually mean.

Kerb means footpath/pavement....the answer to the question is a.towards the kerb(IMO)...coz if the handbrake fails and/or car is not in gear, then even if the car rolls, it will roll towards the pavement and remain there, pressed against the kerb..i hope i am right though..havent checked with any literature.

btw, you own a lot of vehicles..way to go!

Kerb means footpath/pavement....the answer to the question is a.towards the kerb(IMO)...coz if the handbrake fails and/or car is not in gear' date=' then even if the car rolls, it will roll towards the pavement and remain there, pressed against the kerb..i hope i am right though

[/quote']

I read somewhere but I forgot the meaning of kerb.

Now you reminded me. Thanks.

And yes, I had clicked the "a. towards the kerb" option only.

btw' date=' you own a lot of vehicles..way to go!

[/quote']

The vehicles listed include all of them in the household. I alone don't use all. Of these, I use Pulsar most. Sometimes as per conditions, Indigo LS or Indigo XL.

My dad uses Indigo XL.

Brother uses Scooty Pep.

Fiero needs body and some engine repairs.

Scooty (1996) is also kept unused.

sudeepd2009-02-10 12:21:28

Kerb means footpath/pavement....the answer to the question is a.towards the kerb(IMO)...coz if the handbrake fails and/or car is not in gear' date=' then even if the car rolls, it will roll towards the pavement and remain there, pressed against the kerb..i hope i am right though..havent checked with any literature.

btw, you own a lot of vehicles..way to go!

[/quote']

What if its parked on the other way around?  then the tires have to be turned away from the kerb...?

the theory applies to both downhill and uphill slopes...if thats what you wanted to ask..if its downhill, the front tyres press against the kerb.if its uphill, the car will reverse itself into the kerb with the rear tyres pressing against the kerb..

basically, keeping tyres turned away from the kerb works only on an uphill slope..imagine what'll happen on a downhill slope...

the theory applies to both downhill and uphill slopes...if thats what you wanted to ask..if its downhill' date=' the front tyres press against the kerb.if its uphill, the car will reverse itself into the kerb with the rear tyres pressing against the kerb..

basically, keeping tyres turned away from the kerb works only on an uphill slope..imagine what'll happen on a downhill slope...

[/quote']

thats true. If the hill has a very small kerb, then the car may bump over and fall. Well, just thinking too much smiley36.gif

Here's next

If you are driving an ABS equipped car and you have to make an emergency stop,

then what will you do=

1. Brake hard until the car stops.

2. Leave the brake as soon as vibration is felt.

3. (Dont remember 3rd option).

neither 1 nor 2 seems right...emergency braking usually involves feeding the brakes in short bursts to avoid locking up...not sure if that applies to abs equipped cars as well...but still my money is on the third option.

neither 1 nor 2 seems right...emergency braking usually involves feeding the brakes in short bursts to avoid locking up...not sure if that applies to abs equipped cars as well...but still my money is on the third option.

But ABS avoid the locking of wheels under hard braking. That is the purpose of ABS.

however hard you brake the ABS equipped car's wheels don't get lock up.

Here's next

If you are driving an ABS equipped car and you have to make an emergency stop' date='

then what will you do=

1. Brake hard until the car stops.

2. Leave the brake as soon as vibration is felt.

3. (Dont remember 3rd option).

[/quote']

first option is right. I know it because I have ABS in my car.