CYRUS43

AUTOCAR Young Driver 09-3rd Round list up

Done with the round 2.

The simulator was much better than I actually imagined. But still it is not a real car and has no feel. The LCD screens on the sides sometimes responds very slowly(freezes for a moment). Take care while turning and keep a check on directions and traffic lights.

I went for the Phase 2 of AutoCar Young Driver of 2009... I think the test was quite useless to judge real driving skills... How can you judge a person on a simulation test?? It's like playing a PC game... plus the machine on which I ave my test was completely un-maintained and the accelarator pedal was so loose! Plus driving on real roads is WAY different from driving on a artificial screen!

I think the test was quite useless to judge real driving skills... How can you judge a person on a simulation test?? It's like playing a PC game... plus the machine on which I ave my test was completely un-maintained and the accelarator pedal was so loose! Plus driving on real roads is WAY different from driving on a artificial screen!

Even I felt the same -the accelerator pedal was loose. The car would stall often because of this loose pedal. But once I got used to it, I drove neatly. But still I stalled the car 4-5 times in Practice Mode and 2-3 times in the actual test.

But I did not stall the car when the instructor told me to stop on an up-hill i.e., in the middle and when he told to move forward from that middle-of-uphillsmiley4.gif.

I think the pedal was INTENTIONALLY  kept loose to judge the skills of the driver.

sudeepd2009-02-16 06:56:28

I have not been contacted by Autocar for the 2nd round.

I was intimated by them via sms on the 10th that I have been selected and will be contacted very soon regarding the details.

But even after 4 email reminders neither did I get any reply nor any info regarding the 2nd round.

I AM THOROUGHLY PISSED.

My experience with Autocar has been for only 6 months and I must say it's not sweet.

I have not been contacted by Autocar for the 2nd round.

I was intimated by them via sms on the 10th that I have been selected and will be contacted very soon regarding the details.

But even after 4 email reminders neither did I get any reply nor any info regarding the 2nd round.

I AM THOROUGHLY PISSED.

My experience with Autocar has been for only 6 months and I must say it's not sweet.

i am not sure,but i dont think many of us have been contacted through email.are you sure you didnot missed any of the calls.was your phone reachable?

i am not sure' date='but i dont think many of us have been contacted through email.are you sure you didnot missed any of the calls.was your phone reachable?[/quote']

Ankit,

andydandy sent 4 emails to ACI and not the ACI sent him.

i am not sure' date='but i dont think many of us have been contacted through email.are you sure you didnot missed any of the calls.was your phone reachable?[/quote']

Ankit,
         andydandy sent 4 emails to ACI and not the ACI sent him.

my point is that mostly they have contacted us through phone/sms.i dont know whether any of the members have been contacted through email.

My point is also the same.

But andydandy said that "He" was intimated by them via sms on the 10th that I have been selected and will be contacted very soon regarding the details

Then He sent 4 emails to remind ACI about the intimation given by them, but ACI did not contact him afterward, neither by Phone/SMS nor Email.

Poor Andydandy.

Period.

Did anyone receive call for Round 3.

FYI , collection of the photograph at the driving school doesn't suggest that one has been selected for level - 3 . Infact when I was givin my photograph the employee told me that they havent received any intimation from maruti to take the snaps however she took it since i was carrying it. 

I live in Nagpur and there isn't any Maruti Driving school here that was mentioned in the Autocar list.

My phone was kept in the General mode all the two weeks beside me.... so there is no question of missing any calls.

Isn't anybody answerable for this? Guys I don't wanna leave this here.....