vineet

New Verna On its way

Guyz did you know that the impact of the opening of the airbags also hurts you, but due to severe accidents, one doesnt realize that & at low speed collisions you will feel that. FIAT has a new technology where the speed at which the airbags open depends completely at the type or kind of impact, this is achievable with numerous sensors all around the car.

yes the vehicles are very much in transit for the dealers who booked the same around 29th jan , just now i got a call from a dealer in punjab that the vehicles have been received and will be available for sale tommorrow so folks no ads on tv, no launching, no info on official website just nothing just go to the dealer if he has a spare vehicle he will deliver you otherwise book the vehicle and get the delivery in 10-15 days. 

Well, this one looks upmarket than previous one especially those chrome inserts on side mouldings but still the front grille was better with previous one..

Even the interiors now looks good with new integrated music system but still quality isnt that great...

Overall AT can be a good package and this is all done just to counter Linea and not to Sx4/city, etc...Linea is still a better package..

Anyways the engine is excellent and Mannu congrats, which colour you booked..

And brilliant pics Nitish..

Edit- Hyundai could have revamped the interiors completely just like Sonata with Verna, and Hyundai is in full JOSH this year by launching models and making their portfolio better and better..
bluesapphire2009-02-09 14:00:45

Sometimes i can't believe that only competition from a rival product is needed to improve or update any existing product in our motherland India. With hyundai having value for money image now, they're going the Maruti way..

Besides the interiors still look plasticky especially the steering wheel. Hyundai India is so busy making exports of getz, i10, i20, santro, accent that theyr're least bothered about Indian buyers. Thats why they never really focused on Verna and it did not sell on its own credits but rather acted as an upgrade to an existing santro or accent customer. One more thing about hyundai's sedans, apart from decently functional they love taking the Gullible Indian consumer for a Korean Joyride....

What i mean is, if you remembered the Accent during its peak sales, it had 1.5 GLE,GVS,GLS,GLX and 1.6 GLX,GLS,GTX "TORNADO".... boy you'd go crazy counting their trim levels... Hyundai also loves sticker jobs a lot.. so much so that the accent tornado had 6 decals altogether at the boot, with names like tornado, 1.6 DOHC, ABS, GTX and ofcourse the ACCENT name! wonder if the tornado came with automatic gear box where would hyundai fit that decal?? In the current generation the automatic badge has been given a spot below the Hyundai name for their verna model.

This verna update is nothing but a make up for new city, and other mid segment cars. Infact it does not ORVM indicators which even the Fiesta has!, and currently HONDA being HONDA will release a new variant only around diwali with alloy wheels, automatic air temperature, fog lamps etc all which the competition has, and then charge customers 50,000 INR more!

well before booking verna i took a Td of fiat liana and in my opinion verna was a better choice because 1) better after sale service network of Hyundai 2) I did not like the front dashboard of Liana 3) my friends who own a verna are all satisfied with its performance 4) all palio owners i know are always complaining as far as the ASS is concerned no body knows till what time the honey moon of fiat with tata last, i feel tata is more intrested in sales of liana then providing service 5) Liana has wonderful looks and space but features of current verna( new one ) are also not bad 6) i trust Hyundai more then Fiat as i have driven a santro for 10 years now 7) Fiat liana needs to prove it self on road for atleast 6 months before it can be a moneys worth car.

hi every one! I also also bought my new verna on last friday, i opted for manual SX ABS model it is great vehicle, pick up is awesome, i had opted for white colour as it is easy to maintain in long run, till today i have already done 750 kms and got overall average of 20 kmpl ( driven on highway at speed of 90 kms)

Congrats mannu and vinit...its seems that Verna will get and is getting good response after the facelift and reduction in no.of models...

The colour which i loved in Verna is Deep Pearl Blue(DP Blue), its awsome...

Well Mannu and Vineet, do post some pics of your buy..

well tanmay and blue saphire thanksa lot, as far as cost is concerned i have purchased the vehicle from jalandhar as the dealer was personally known to me the car cost is as under:-

basic price crdi Sx Abs Model: 8,11,000

discount: Rs 15,000 + Loyality 10,000 (as i already have a Santro)

Insurance: Rs 6800/- (65% rebate as my old policy of santro was having 65%                 NCB so i got the NCB transferred to new car)

Free Gifts by Dealer: Foot Mats, body cover, idol of ganesh ji,mud flaps, number                                  plates