Sign in to follow this  
cavallino

WRC season kicks off

Life moves on despite disappointments. The World Rally Championship (WRC) had two pretty big ones when Subaru and Suzuki withdrew their entries at the end of last year. Citing trouble brought upon by the global economic crisis, the two Japanese manufacturers pulled out leaving drivers like 2003 champ Petter Solberg out in the cold. read the full article here

look what's so cool in rallying otherwis. proton, i mean malaysian nationalised car maker proton, went to ireland and kicked some butt. that too with a super 2000 car. and then there's skoda with the fabia in the intercontinental rally challenge. again, a very impressive debut for the car. so while its terribly sad to lose mnufacturers, especially a legend like subaru, there's still others who are coming in. and when VW finally gets into the WRC, if at all, it'll get eve more interesting. 

well...let's see what an s2000 car can do next to a group A car on a dry rally. i'm guessing a normally aspirated car that produces peak power at the top end would have been much more predictable to drive in the deluge that was rally ireland. the turbo charged group A's produce their peak power at much lower revs and have a lot more torque at low revs too.

i'd like to see this s2000 proton up against a satellite team running a group a car at places like finland or catalunya.