AshTheDash

Which Hatchback- Buying Time Mar/April 09

Which Hatchback  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which Hatchback

• i20
    • Grande Punto (No confirmed launch dates)
    • Fabia
    • Jazz (No confirmed launch dates)

Before I decide which car to Buy, I also want to get an opinion on which Hatchback can be the good choice. (I want to buy a SUV in 1 years time for my highway and long trips)

So is is not worthwhile to look for a Hatchback rather than a Sedan now?

My priorities in descending manner.

1. Which Car is a Drivers Pleasure...smiley36.gif

2. Runs Well in the City...Zip Zaps and least cabin noise

3. 3 people can sit comfy in the back seat smiley17.gif

5. Decent boot space for 2 Big bags

4. Won't kill me in maintenance even after 3 years....smiley19.gif

5. Loads of features and best interiors.. (smiley7.gifVery snobbish of me...)

Please.gif HELP NEEDED

AshTheDash2009-01-31 12:06:23

Ah another thread by you. Hehe. Anyways lemme correct you here- GP, Jazz and Fabia are in premium hatchback segment , in other words in price range of Sedans ( though GP & Jazz havent yet been launched we can safely expect they will be priced close to C segment). How come no i20 in your list???

To be frank i think i20 fits your bill. Grande Punto will come by April i guess. I dont think Jazz would come by then. I would have suggested Swift but it doesnt have good boot space nor its too roomy for 3 in the rear.

I would suggest go for the i20. But it comes at a price!!

I think i20 matches you perfectly but you may wish to have a look at Maruti Suzuki Ritz due for launch in April. Also I feel that i20 will be cheaper than Jazz or Punto cos of more indian parts. Even in uk where all the 3  cars are sold i20 is the cheapest.

Hi Karan, A typo so missed the i20.. modified it now..

Fabia Ambiente is around 6.5 OTR in Mumbai and I am ok with that. Hopefully the GP is not more expensive..

I am getting inclined to the i20, read in some other thread someone has already booked it..

And I know there is no end to this.. every few months a new car comes in..So I will make the decision to buy soon.. So I can safely ignore Cars that will come post April 09

I am also about to sell off my Indica V2..looking for a good offer.

Hi AshTheDash, it is too early to ask as most of us haven't seen Jazz and Punto. But still with my limited knowledge on these cars and Fiat's current cars I'll answer this.

My personal choice would be Fiat Punto

1. It'll be a pleasure to drive, which I hope strongly.

2. Fats will have bigger turning radius, other than that there shouldn't be any problem.

3. Well that is to be seen. But while comparing with current Fiats, three at the back should not be a problem.

4. I'm not too sure about it. But I think Fiat would have improved their service.

5. That is to be seen. I found 297 litres in a site. So should be capable enough to hold.

6. Like Linea it should have loads of features and best interiors.

Please.gif HELP NEEDED

Lemme try to make it a lil easier. I presume you need a petrol hatchback cos you ll use the SUV for highways. So buying a petrol would be lighter on your wallet for maintenance.

1. i20 1.2 kappa is good enough for highways but underpowered for highways. For city driving it could be good enough.

2. Too early to comment on this. Honda jazz and GP arent yet launched so better you wait till the launch & decide.

3. All the 4 cars are comfy for 3.

4. I think here too all cars have good boot space.

5. Here the fabia looses easily. Hyundai & honda might be easier to maintain & have better A.S.S. Fiat Punto could come 3 rd here.

6. According to GP interior sold abroad i didnt find it too great . I think i20 has amazing interiors!!!

If its petrol hatchback i would say go for i20. If you can wait Honda Jazz would be a great buy but obviously pricier than i20. If its diesel go for Grande Punto blindly.

I agree with karan's suggestion, at present i20 seems to be the best choice if you will use it in the city.

GP may not be launched by April and expect Jazz to be costlier than i20 by atleast 50 k(honda cars always demand a premium).

Please.gif HELP NEEDED

Lemme try to make it a lil easier. I presume you need a petrol hatchback cos you ll use the SUV for highways. So buying a petrol would be lighter on your wallet for maintenance.

1. i20 1.2 kappa is good enough for highways but underpowered for highways. For city driving it could be good enough.
2. Too early to comment on this. Honda jazz and GP arent yet launched so better you wait till the launch & decide.
3. All the 4 cars are comfy for 3.
4. I think here too all cars have good boot space.
5. Here the fabia looses easily. Hyundai & honda might be easier to maintain & have better A.S.S. Fiat Punto could come 3 rd here.
6. According to GP interior sold abroad i didnt find it too great . I think i20 has amazing interiors!!!

If its petrol hatchback i would say go for i20. If you can wait Honda Jazz would be a great buy but obviously pricier than i20. If its diesel go for Grande Punto blindly.

i second this, if diesel is not in your list, then as for now i20 is your choice which suits ur requirements, but do check it on highways, as it might be not enough for 1.2 kappa on highways, city driving easy and comfortable. Jazz, would be more pricey then i20,GP only if diesel and can rely on fiat's ASS.

Dear Vijay and Karan,

Thanks for your valuable advice..

Considering that I currently drive the Indica V2 of 2005 .. any car is better than this.

I am not sure how will I be able to test the i20 (or for that matter any car) for highway running.

The fight continues.. My wifey is pushing me for a Sedan (NHC or SX4 (if i want to save some bucks) she is tired of a Htachback and me trying to cut her bags on a long

drive as my Indica doesnt allow to me to take too many things along...and I am keen to buy a small car and soon go for a SUV.. (Currently Innova tops the list..hope there are better cars launched soon)

So lets see if I give in to the pressure or do my research and buy of my choice..

Well please dont start so many threads, continue in one or we even have some threads on Htaches...Please please please..it doesnt looks good when members continuously makes new threads on single query..

Till Punto launches, its hard to beat i20 which is loaded with features, good interiors, comfort for 3 at rear, huge boot, etc...

Thanks Blue for your advice..

Can the MODS please move this thread and incorporate it in a thread running for Hatch backs..

If you can rename that thread to All about hatch backs

then it will prompt everyone who has a single query about Hatchs to post there...

Dear Vijay and Karan' date='

Thanks for your valuable advice..

Considering that I currently drive the Indica V2 of 2005 .. any car is better than this.

I am not sure how will I be able to test the i20 (or for that matter any car) for highway running.

The fight continues.. My wifey is pushing me for a Sedan (NHC or SX4 (if i want to save some bucks) she is tired of a Htachback and me trying to cut her bags on a long

drive as my Indica doesnt allow to me to take too many things along...and I am keen to buy a small car and soon go for a SUV.. (Currently Innova tops the list..hope there are better cars launched soon)

So lets see if I give in to the pressure or do my research and buy of my choice..

[/quote']

Ashish , One of my friend had a 20km+ TD of i20. Im sure dealers would give you good TD once you show keen interest in the car. You have to make sure how much budget you have for your hatchback. Since Innova would be 10 lac +

My sister in law has decided to buy a hatchback in the next 2 weeks.

her budget (ideally) 4L-5 L, but when i explained about the classy Fabia she can push it to 5.5

She will be driving only within the city, once in a blue moon 200-300 Kms.

No Indica/Swift/Getz/GM Cars for her.

So I guess she is left with

A Star

i10

Santro

Fabia (My Choice)

Will the Interim Budget help to get a better price???

Please suggest..

Her needs:

Easy to drive

Easy to park

Good looking

Decent power

Good FE

AshTheDash2009-02-12 17:25:40

ATD' date=' well if its just sis in law gonna drive her car, A-star zxi is a perfect choice with safety features along with nice smooth and silent new engine from maruti, or go for i10 1.2 kappa engine which also is a good option.[/quote']

Vijay,

I have managed to invoke her interest in the i20 and Fabia.. Now she is kind of stuck in between these 2..

What should be her choice? Frankly speaking, since I am sold out on the Fabia totally I could not offer her a impartial opinion..

The Fabia is coming with lot of cash discounts and the fight is between

1. Ambiente 1.2 v/s i20 Asta

2. Classic 1.2 v/s i20 Magna

Please provide your feedback...

if the choices are between those two, i would prefer i20 magna anyday, loads of features, VFM, new car,hyundai ASS better then skoda, cheaper in maintenance, resale value would be better as compared,steering is damn light and easy to drive in city conditions.i20- my choice.CHEERS!!!

ash - A very practical suggestion. Since its for a girl, then a light & easy to handle & decent visibilty car is important. I can compare any car with Fiat cars but in this case I sincerely advice her not to go for the i20, instead go for the i10. Iam sure she will not be looking for driving pleasure or drives extensively.

Let her test drive both cars atleast for 10 km each & then decide.

Yes, if you have the patience, then march/april will be the ideal time for any car(especially the hatchbacks) as there are chances, the government might give reductions to boost car sales.

Well i10 is good car but if she has good budget and know driving well i would prefer i20 and according to me i20 Asta is better than Fabia although fabia offers better comfort, space, quality, etc but still i like i20 more especially its features...

Thanks Devil Blue & Bhalchandra...

She decided to go for the i10 Sportz..

i20 was a bit too much for her..did not want that big a car as well, budget anyways exceeded..her 4L limit.

TD the i20 today...then decided the colour...finalised the Magna and just before booking I asked to check out the i10..

Saw it, sat in it and liked it, just good for her...

Finalised the i10 Sportz blushing red... got Insurance of 12k free with 4k disc as Corporate, with old rates (i10 rates have increased on 13th Feb by 5K) so in all saving of 21K on todays price..plus a 22K between Thane and Mumbai price..

Finally OTR 4.51L

Also booked one for my wife..Valentines gift.. same combination..

So I will be taken for a ride every day..literally