ankitj

Getz deals

Got the offer. 24K and no freebies. Comes to 5.43 on road in Bangalore. Will see what other dealer can offer. I will also probably get insurance from outside.

try bargaining with this guy, he might give you better offer than the other one you mentioned

Went for space silver. Was thinking about red' date=' but as I plan to keep the car for 5+ years didn't think it would age well with me :).

Delivery in 3 weeks. Will definitely post pics.
[/quote']

Congrats Ankitj. Great price you got there. 5.39L in Bangalore is superb. I am in Chennai and they offer only a cash discount of 22k here for the Getz 1.3 GLX.

The only thing as for discount I got was free remote lock. The price of getz has come down by 24K last week ( not sure if its temporary or permanent), so should get the lower price everywhere.

Wow that's cool. There was already a reduction of around 18-20k when the govt reduced the CENVAT by 4%. Now another 24k off on the Getz should make it a sweeter deal. Already, compared to the i20, the Getz seems to be much better value since we get the GLX 1.3 with alloys and ABS for 5.4L on road. This is in comparison to the i20 Magna which itself is around 5.5L here in Chennai. This Magna variant has no alloys, no ABS, no powered mirrors etc. The only thing is that it's a newer generation car. Build quality wise, both the i20 and Getz are very good. Far better than any Maruti product for sure. But the i20 is definitely quieter inside than the Getz. This was very obvious during my test drive on Sunday.

Warm regards,

Venkat

Hey for those in Chennai looking a car in the Getz segment, I have an update.

Got this info just today from the guy who attended to me last Sunday during the i20 test drive at Hyundai Motor Plaza, Guindy, Chennai.

The Getz 1.3 GLX now has a cash discount of a lovely 26k, bringing the on-road price down to a sweet 5.17L in Chennai !!

But no other freebies, except mudflaps and the mat kit. Still, I think at 5.17L, the Getz 1.3 GLX model is now a steal - especially compared to the i20 Magna 1.2 which doesn't even have ABS or powered mirrors. Plus, the Getz 1.3 GLX comes with 14 inch alloys and ABS as standard with 175/65/14 tyres.

Also I noticed that the driver seat armrest provided in Getz 1.3 GLS & GLX is not available on the i20. This was a very nice feature and lovely to rest your left hand on while cruising on the highway.

Chennai folks looking for a Getz 1.3, please take note of the above price & discount and make the best of it. Not sure till when this offer is valid though. The sales guy, Kirubakaran said it would take a max of 10 days for delivery as now for Getz 1.3 there is no ready stock. Everything is "on order" basis only.

In case any of you in Chennai wants to go in for the Getz, please do post back here, email me (vsg12777 at gmail dot com) or PM me so that I can pass on the contact details of Mr. Kirubakaran and even refer you to him. He was a nice guy and I'd like to refer someone to him if possible.

Warm regards,

Venkat smiley1.gif

Yep its quite similar to deal in Bangalore. However I was able to get a free remote lock. ( Didnt bargain much , just told them I am only interested if I get a free remote lock, and they agreed).

So even though the offer has no free accessories, there still is a possibility of getting some.

Hi Ankitj

Ya what you say is true. I asked the guy on the phone but he said no freebies would be offered since the cash discount is already 26k. But anyway I shall check. Compared to the Bangalore price of 5.39L, the Chennai deal is about 20k less.

Warm regards,

Venkat

Well is this the top of the line variant and if yes than what are the features..

Well i own a getz and am happy with it but now as i20 is available and at 5.43 (OTR, Surat) you can get magna variant so even if i wanna buy now i will definately buy i20 and sell my Getz..

guys i20 comes with 3 variants as for now

Asta   - Base model

Magna- second one with all features excluding side curtain airbags

Magna (o)- with curtain bags and all features of Magna

Magna was costing around 6.40/- in my city on road,

Vijay Sir...

Its the other way round..

Magna   - Base model

Asta- second one with all features excluding side curtain airbags

Asta (o)- with curtain bags and all features of Magna

Ex-Showroom Prices for MUMBAI - Introductory Price

Model Ex showroom prices (Rs)
i20 Magna 503028
i20 Asta 586907
i20 Asta (O) 609964

I am planning to buy a new car for my dad this month. The offers I am getting are

Getz GVS 1.3 for 4.50 OTR

i20 Magna 1.2 for 5.28 OTR

Which would be a better car of the two. Factors taken into consideration are:

1: Heavy highway driving(140km/day) for 1-2 years, after that my dad would retire and hence the car would be used for normal city driving with occasional highway trips.

2:Resale value is not an issue as we plan to keep the car for atleast 10 years.

3:Will i20 be underpowered for highway driving/overtaking as mentioned in various threads. Which car of the two will give better performance?

4:Should I wait for Honda Jazz considering the fact that I reluctant to spend more than 5.5 lacs for a hatchback.

Thanks in advance

I am planning to buy a new car for my dad this month. The offers I am getting are
Getz GVS 1.3 for 4.50 OTR
i20 Magna 1.2 for 5.28 OTR

Which would be a better car of the two. Factors taken into consideration are:

1: Heavy highway driving(140km/day) for 1-2 years' date=' after that my dad would retire and hence the car would be used for normal city driving with occasional highway trips.

2:Resale value is not an issue as we plan to keep the car for atleast 10 years.

3:Will i20 be underpowered for highway driving/overtaking as mentioned in various threads. Which car of the two will give better performance?

4:Should I wait for Honda Jazz considering the fact that I reluctant to spend more than 5.5 lacs for a hatchback.

Thanks in advance
[/quote']

Go for the i20 if you like the drive(individual ppl have their own opinion take a test drive and decide). However the Getz is a bit old now but still is a performer!

Honda Jazz would definately be out of your budget! I predict the Indian version of Jazz would be atleast 6.2L.
sharash2009-03-04 00:26:22

Dear Aseem, the price quoted for Getz GVS seems to be for 1.1 version. I m driving 1.1 Getz. As a car, Getz is a steal.. But 1.1 is seriously underpowered. I-20 is a latest generation car with all the things in the car are latest. Even the 1.2 Kappa is also a latest one. Hence, you intend to keep the car for 10 years it is advisable to go for latest car. It will serve you in a better manner. Compared to 1.1 of Getz, I-20 1.2 kappa is definitely powerful. Even compared to 1.3 of Getz 1.2 of I-20 will be better and overall I-20 is much better car than Getz. Go for it. All the best.