Sign in to follow this  
rkrk

i10 - 1.1L CRDi

I've heard about i20 diesel' date=' but not a single word about i10 diesel. Let's wait and watch.[/quote']

LOL. Its the other way around ! i10 diesel is rumoured to be expected in 2-3 months . i20 1.4 CRDI would take some time.

@CC- Why would they dream of pricing it above Swift DDIS??? I dont think 1.1 CRDI deserves premium over a 1.3 multijet ( DDIS)

Oops! I was a bit ignorant in this.

i10 Asta costs 5.45lacs OTR chennai. Then diesel version will definitely be atleast 50k more. Swift VDi retails for 5.75lacs. If previous records are taken, Getz CRDI has a premium of 1.20lacs for the 1.3 GVS variant.Crazy cat2009-02-03 12:22:36

I think price will be equal to swift. B'caz it will come under 1.4L diesel engine where Indian govt gives tax reduction for Petrol <1.2 L & Diesel <1.4L.

GetZ having 1.5 L Diesel, i think thats why price is high

its sometime really funny that people star comparing every car LAUNCHED IN INDIA OR YET TO BE LAUNCHED , with swift ...people have taken swift as a standard car ..THE REASON IS THAT MOST OF THE INDIANS KNOW NOTHING BEYOND THE MARUTI..AND SWIFT IS ONLY "SO CALLED BETTER CAR" LAUNCHED BY MARUTI TILL NOW IN ...25 YEARS... THAT TOO IS BETTER ONLY WITH MARUTIS CHEAP STANDARDS..so guys grow up and dont be prejudice ...see every car as saperate product and not with swift in mind and eyes ...

oh yea karan!

actually i10 diesel was rumored though i just read in another thread that Hyundai is speeding up process of i20 diesel!

Even i20 diesel launch period is a rumoursmiley1.gif. It would make much sense for i10 crdi since it ll sell in more nos. Maybe they trying to localise the content for the engine.

@Rishi-Del- I think every buyer has his own priorities and he is wise enough to know where he is spending his hard earned money. Have seen enough of your Anti Maruti comments. Request you to refrain such comments.

I think price will be equal to swift. B'caz it will come under 1.4L diesel engine where Indian govt gives tax reduction for Petrol <1.2 L & Diesel <1.4L.

GetZ having 1.5 L Diesel' date=' i think thats why price is high
[/quote']

I think that the small car regulations states that under 1.2l for petrol and 1.5l for diesel are eligible for small car.Crazy cat2009-02-07 14:19:05

The delay in dieselising the i 10 and i 20 is costing Hyundai dear. Most of the sales in the diesel segment are being pocketed by Maruti. And thats why its able to report a 5.69% rise in sales when all other car makers are groaning in pain.

anjan_c20072009-02-07 14:50:01

Yes the demand for diesel cars keep on increasing because of

1. Mileage (Diesel engine gives 1.5 times more than petrol)

2. Fuel cost (Diesel cost is nearly 1.5 times less than petrol)

3. Now highway roads are well improved and people prefering to travel by car

Thats why last month tata car sales also in good numbers (Around 18000 cars)

hyundai tends to mess up with its pricing with cars, already i10 is pricey and now 1L more to that, is a doubt with its sales figures, swift is already rulling with diesel market and with this much price of 1L more for 1.1L diesel engine would boost more sales for swift.

Let us wait for price till the launch.

Which will be the best engine?

Swift diesel

4 cylinder

1.25 L

Power - 75 PS @ 4000 rpm

i10 Diesel

3 cylinder

1.1 L

Power - 75 PS @ 4000 rpm

How 1.1 L i10 will give equal power of 1.25 L swift?