FuelRunGod

Which Brand?

What brand is your current car?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What brand is your current car?

Tell us which brand is your current car.

How has the experience been with your current car and cars from other brands with regards to quality, expectations, after-sales service, performance etc.

Use the following post as a rough template for your comments.

FRG
FuelRunGod2007-08-17 22:51:39

Let me get the ball rolling.

Current Brand: Tata.

Model: Safari Dicor EX 4x2.

Experience:

Build quality not up to the mark.

Lousy electricals (Starter motor giving issues).

After sales service bad. Too many visits involved to get minor things fixed.

Lot of car for the money.

Unrivalled in space & comfort.

Fantastic driving position.

Agricultural Engine. Enjoys relaxed cruising.

Brakes could be better.

Am I satisfied? Yes very much indeed. When I decided on the Safari, I knew of all the niggling issues and was willing to face them and have sorted with the dealership. But I would have been far happier if the dealership didnt take 3 visits to solve little issues of rattling and other minor glitches.

I needed a big comfortable diesel car which could swallow bad roads easily, seat five people and still have space for the occasional outing with friends and cost around 8 lakhs. The safari met my requirements perfectly.

You could argue about the Toyota Innova, but I dont fancy the shape.

Brand: Hyundai

Model: Accent CRDi

Experience:

Fantastic engine though a bit noisy.

Perfect combination of power and economy.

Excellent after sales service.

Very good quality of workmanship and parts.

Lack of rear legroom.

Average handling. Lifeless steering at higher speeds.

ABS wasnt optional. This car needed it.

This was the car which I used during my college days. Fantastic savings in terms of diesel filled. The car would return 12kmpl and 18kmpl city and highway respectively. It was a comfortable little car with excellent quality. Not one thing went wrong in 3 years and almost 90000kms of ownership. All it needed were regular routine check ups. Resale value was good too. The car was sold for about 4 lakhs. It was worth 7.5 when new. Overall, a very satisfied customer. Would I buy one again? Yes if it was available.

FRG

FuelRunGod2007-08-17 22:47:17

Am driving the E-class with the 280 CDi engine. the refinement of this V6 diesel is simply amazing. Refinement is one area where Merc has the edge over BMW. Torque is staggering as well and the 7-speed auto works really well.  Its so easy to get a chirp out of the tyres when I floor it in a low gear. traction control is heavily overworked with such a torquey motor

FRG - oops, I voted for Ford, of course Id have loved to vote for the PAL padmini, thought this was only for cars currently owned, sadly the trusted war horse is not part of the family anymore!

its very interesting that Toyota has not got a good response yet, and neither has India, one brand which is almost ruling the world at the mo and one which has an immense base in India from far off Korea! very interesting indeed!

FRG - oops' date=' I voted for Ford, of course Id have loved to vote for the PAL padmini, thought this was only for cars currently owned, sadly the trusted war horse is not part of the family anymore!

its very interesting that Toyota has not got a good response yet, and neither has India, one brand which is almost ruling the world at the mo and one which has an immense base in India from far off Korea! very interesting indeed!
[/quote']

Alright Alright, here i am a proud owner of a Toyota Corolla H5 2006.

The Car is fantastic, it is quick, handles well around curves. The engine comes with a well known Japanese badge. It gives torque at all gears, there is no lapse of power. Its roomier than rivals. Big boot. Experiece has been excellent so far. I like the gadgets like the automatic mirrors, indash stereo and climate control.

The car i await the most is the Toyota Fortuner. Does anyone have reliable information when this car is going to be launched?

Love the Corolla.

Fiat! Maybe because thats what I drive, dunno, but I just have not found the slickness of the gears and all the Palio has, in any other car upto D segment.

Well, I have never driven a Toyota.

Among the D segment, somehow the Baleno still does it for me above the City and Ikon

Current Brand: General Motors

Model: Chevrolet Aveo 1.4

Year: 2007

Experience:

Build quality: Solid.

Performance: Very silent and smooth engine.

Comfort: Spacious front and back seats with generous leg room. Can easily sit three at the back.

Interiors: One of the best in the segment.

FE: Currently 10 (at 500kms). Will improve as I drive more.

After Sales Service: Just had the first check-up. Satisfied.

Overall: A Real VFM car.

Brand: Maruti

Model: WagonR VXI

Year: 2001

Experience:

Build quality: Just fine. Could have been better.

Performance: Excellent.

Comfort: Spacious front and back seats with reasonable leg room. Offers good driving posture.

Interiors: Grey. Could have been better

FE: 13-14 without AC / 12-13 with AC

After Sales Service: Excellent during the first couple of years. After that just ok. Maruti certainly needs to do better in this department.

Overall: A perfect, no-nonsense and a practical car for city driving.

We own

Brand Name: Tata Motors

Model: Indigo XL

Colour:  Ivory White

Purchased: May 2007

Current Odo: 19K+

Performance: Very Good from Dicor.

Comfort: EXTRA Legroom for Rear as compared to normal Indigo

Interiors: Beige

Equipments(fitted by Tata itself):

Nippon DVD player,

Two LCD screens behind front seats' headrests,

6-way Power seat adjustment to & fro and height.

Rear centre armrest,

Rear AC vents,

Alloy wheels,

Electric Mirrors (I miss electric retract though)

Fuel Efficiency: When I drove from Solapur to Pune and back, I got 20kmpl. Without AC. That too with some bad patches of road. Or else I expect 24-25kmpl.

The gearshift is superb as compared to earlier Indigo. The muffler sounds good when driven hard from rest.

Hi i drive Maruti Suzuki Baleno Vxi (2004 model).

I love its frugal 1600cc mpfi engine. It belts out 94 bhp and develops a healthy torque of 132Nm at very low revs. The engine is also fuel efficient, it gives 10kmpl (in city) and 15.5kmpl (in highway).

Baleno's A/C is one of the best and the rear seat comfort is excellent.

I'm not a fan of Baleno's interiors. Its also does not have the best build quality and is comparitively a lightweight car.

Current Car : HONDA CIVIC 1.8 S MT. Color - Icy BLUE.

The Performance , The Digital Speedo and everything present in the Interior is just too good.

The ground clearence still remains an issuesmiley19.gif

I like the alloys as well as rear design but..... Honda should have Introduced the intergrated spoiler Which is present in the New ACCORD.

mileage - In City around 8-9 with AC and in highways around 13.( APROX)

But Overall i just cant stop admiring this PIECE.

Hi i am having following cars...

1.)Honda city 1.3 DX (old model)2003 model....Silver color with wodden trim and beige interiors...

the car is simply superb its 4.5 years old but still feels new and refreshing actually when i bought it i knew it that new city is going to launch but i didnt like its looks and even today i can say that the performance of older one was far better and it looks royale and rich while the new one looks sporty.....the only thing is its low ground clearance otherwise the car har superb grip on road and is very comfortable...And me and my family likes the badge i.e HONDA so mostly our next car would be a HONDA....The only thing i didnt feel a good after sales service from honda...

2.)Hyundai getz 1.3 GL..black color

This car is superb it gives sedan like feel and is very comfortable...The plastics are not of best quality but are good and have good storage space...At this time also i knew that swift is going to come but still we dont like marutis and first time when my fathe saw this car in europe in 2003 in black color then he decided that he will buy that car only when it comes to india and in black color only....I dont have any complains but ya maintenance is higher and fuel efficiency is very low actually it must be good but i am not getting it...

3.)Cherolet Spark...Mint green color..

This i bought it recently only for me i was going for santro but at the end moment i went for this as i was bored of having santro for 6 years so i wanted something new so went for spark..Well the car is good the gear shift is very good but it becomes notchy sometimes when it is stand still..AC takes time to cool it could be much better ...the cooling is perfect but it takes time when it is kept long time in sun...the rear comfort is good and it gives big feel....the interior plastics quality is superb but the overall buil quality could have been better like santro but its much better than wagonr/zen estilo...it looks really cute in green color...

Well spark is suited in only green and red colour all others suck .

Even I like the old city to the new (2nd gen) then came the cat faced which looked like it was going to vomit but the ZX one has changrd its look but the old one still looks sexy .Same with the zen.