rssh

What Have You Done To Improve Performance??

I am thinking of installing super charger and a turbo in my corolla, how much would this help increasing the power? Where, in mumbai, should i puchase this equipment from?

I hope to see these in the Autocar show next month.

Corolla engine is not designed for any kind of supercharging or turbocharging, all these need an engine with enough wall strength which the Corolla engine was not designed with. On top of that, you need special mods like pistons, oil pump, enhanced cooling systems, valves etc as well as fully revised fuel system to accommodate a turbo.

I am thinking of installing super charger and a turbo in my corolla' date=' how much would this help increasing the power? Where, in mumbai, should i puchase this equipment from?

[/quote'] Supercharger will void warranty and may be Toyota won't even service the car it can be installed by permission from toyota and may be they can help you if they have heart like that of GM .Read the SR-V super charged review in Autocar which uses Rotex brand.

I am thinking of installing super charger and a turbo in my corolla' date=' how much would this help increasing the power? Where, in mumbai, should i puchase this equipment from?

[/quote'] Supercharger will void warranty and may be Toyota won't even service the car it can be installed by permission from toyota and may be they can help you if they have heart like that of GM .Read the SR-V super charged review in Autocar which uses Rotex brand.

its not rotex..its ROTRAX...and i think there is a TRD turbo kit available for the corolla

that's subjective pryas. the honda engine designers who worked on the civic have been quoted as saying they "can't wait" to see what modders do

Ok thank you diabl for the Info , anyways we are not planning to modify our civic as my dad likes it as it is,

Regards,

Priya

Except for turbo charging which is verboten on Honda engine, you can basically do anything, point being Honda makes one of the closest tolerance mass production engine to start with, it needs careful and thoughtful tuning, the ports are quite well polished to start with, the internals are light. The best place to acquire exotic parts is from factory or Mugen or HKS. I have a mix of Mugen and HKS on my Accord, my 95 Accord was tested at 278bhp on dyno. Whatever you do, don't murder the sweet Honda engine with the dust factory K&N.

hey gurkha -

just fitted a stock replacement K&N air filter into my Indica Turbo DLX - am very pleased with the improvement in torque and acceleration (seems smoother, low speed driveability has improved a lot) - your feedback on K&N doesn't seem quite so positive - would you take a moment to tell me why pl?

hey gurkha -

just fitted a stock replacement K&N air filter into my Indica Turbo DLX - am very pleased with the improvement in torque and acceleration (seems smoother' date=' low speed driveability has improved a lot) - your feedback on K&N doesn't seem quite so positive - would you take a moment to tell me why pl?
[/quote']

K&N filters have a much better flow rate, but they also let it more dust particles. S'okay for racing, but don't expect stock airbox service intervals.

Has anyone put ceramic brakes and modified headers.

Ceramic brakes work horribly in day-to-day driving; they don't work well until up to operating temperature, and squeak horribly until they do.

Be interesting to see the effect on ride quality, though.

that's subjective pryas. the honda engine designers who worked on the civic have been quoted as saying they "can't wait" to see what modders do

Ok thank you diabl for the Info ' date=' anyways we are not planning to modify our civic as my dad likes it as it is,

Regards,

Priya
[/quote']

@Priya: He would, it's plenty good enough when it comes on cam.

@Diablo: I'm not so sure what the Honda techs meant: the R18A is a right pain to mod; it's already very efficient, and the emission sensors play havoc with any tuning you try.