viveksonkhla

What is the number of registered cars in India?

Hi Guys' date='

Just doing a number churning exercise. need some help from all of you.

Please provide some numbers along with a reliable source smiley4.gif [/quote']

how about 22 lakhs, . Thats sounds like a good number.

Hi Guys' date='

Just doing a number churning exercise. need some help from all of you.

Please provide some numbers along with a reliable source smiley4.gif [/quote']

how about 22 lakhs, . Thats sounds like a good number.

It should be more than 40-45 lakhs. As "Tata and Maruti" alone will make around 30 lakhs. And there is also Hyundai and Honda and Toyota.

The 800, Alto, Omni, Wagon R, Indica, Santro, i10, Swift, Dzire, Indigo, City, Innova, etc, etc. (The list goes long) SELL IN VERY LARGE NUMBERS.

sudeepd2009-02-04 10:29:24

In the year 2004, the total registered motor vehicles in India was estimated to be 67,446 vehicles. This includes all the vehicles including passenger cars and commercial vehicles. As the industry is gradually growing the numbers must have reached lakhs but I don't think so it would have reached a figure of about 40 lakhs.

In the year 2004' date=' the total registered motor vehicles in India was estimated to be 67,446 vehicles. This includes all the vehicles including passenger cars and commercial vehicles. As the industry is gradually growing the numbers must have reached lakhs but I don't think so it would have reached a figure of about 40 lakhs.

[/quote']

Dont you read in Autocar India "The Top 10 Car Sales Chart".

in it it is clearly mentioned what number of cars are sold in particular month.

The number of Altos being sold every month is around 18,000-19,000. Indicas are sold more than 10,000. Wagon Rs more than 12,000-13,000. Santros more than 8,000-10,000. The list goes very long if I decided to write everything.

Alto cars have being sold over 5-6laks since launch.

From this you can get the idea of other vehicles.

The honda city also sells in large numbers. Swift/Dzire. i10, zen/estilo, indigo, esteem, bla-bla-bla.........                      Huh. I am tired of writing all the names. But the list does not end.

This in interesting:

In 2007, over 10,00,000 cars were sold in India. In Delhi alone, 3,00,000 cars were registered. Every year the number is increasing by over 15 per cent. But still the number of cars per thousand people is very small as compared to world standards

Depending on how you define a car (MUVs? Omni's? Taxi's?), the Indian government figures in 2004 showed about 110 lakh cars. Strong sales in recent years have added at least another 30 lakh cars.