thackervijay

Nano bookings from Feb end.

Good news. Also saw that Tatas owe some 450 crores plus to the vendors. So this kills two birds with one stone. Lays the speculation to rest, and also gets in some badly needed moolah.

@DD - wouldn't you rather contend with a Nano than with an overloaded 2 wheeler being driver erratically ?

There's been enough debate on the positives and negatives of letting loose thousands (or should I say lacs) of nano's on our roads - Lets welcome the car for what it is.

So Nanoisation of the nation will begin bringing a sea change on our roads and our middle class' outlook on motorised things, that move on the roads.

-The driver's seat will be charged as there's a battery below it.

-There's a stepney under the bonnet and not an engine.

-And fitting high wattage Blaupunkt and JBL music systems may stall the powerless engine.

-A Maruti 800 will be considered a larger car from March 2009 onwards.

-Maybe the Nanos will cling on to the radiators of Endeavours, Scorpios and Safaris (FRG beware), where flies and flying insects used to be stuck once upon a time!  smiley1.gif

Every nation had its icon. US had its model T, Germany Volkswagen, France Citroen Two-Horses, UK Morris Minor/Mini.... So let India have its Nano (I am sure it will push the micro - M800 into the background!)

Maybe the Nanos will cling on to the radiators of Endeavours' date=' Scorpios and Safaris (FRG beware), where flies and flying insects used to be stuck once upon a time!  smiley1.gif

[/quote']

Hehehe..Thats some brilliant thinking!

Every nation had its icon. US had its model T' date=' Germany Volkswagen, France Citroen Two-Horses, UK Morris Minor/Mini.... So let India have its Nano (I am sure it will push the micro - M800 into the background!) [/quote']

You mean the Citroen 2CV!! And The Morris Minor was in no way England's Model T. It was a decently sized car for its time. The mini on the other hand, I agree!!
CYRUS432009-02-06 05:07:41

@Cyrus: 2CV was  called Deux Chevaux - Chevaux is horses!!!!! (I hyope my spelling is not too wrong). It was so named as it came in at 2 Taxable HP. There was a 4CV as well.

A true anecdote: During my Ph.D. days, one of my colleagues (French) had a 2CV. One day I returned from something and he had his head in the bonnet. I looked in and in all sincerity inquired, "Pierre, has someone nicked your engine?"

Incidentally if you look into the Autocar/Motor archives from the mid seventies the common term used in the UK for the 2CV was Citroen Two Horses!

May be this was before many  forum members were born!

thats future for nano as it would be launched with electric motor along with pettol and diesel engines along with. TATA has huge plans with NANO across globe and India too will get its Electric nano but will take long time to come though.

@Dream The Car, Definaltely, I am Not!lol!

TATA NANO likely to be launched  on 3rd March!..check out!...

"Tata plans to sell this limited number to celebrities"smiley36.gif

Am I reading this right?? Which celebrities will want to buy a Nano?? Anyways Nano is being delayed too much...

Zal D2009-02-26 08:19:45