jbond830

Cars with Captain seats?

Which car offer 2nd row Captain seats(Individual seats) with class leading leg room for 2nd row.

Basically, it can be a 5,6,7 seater. hatchback,notchback,MPV, MUV, SUV.  But  having big leg room and captain seats in 2nd row.

Hi jbond!

There are threeMUVs available which offer captain seats.

They are the Newly launched Xylo, The Tavera Neo and Toyota Innova (top -End), Toyota qualis(which is now dicont. also came with cpatain seats)

I've sat in all these above cars(except qualis) and in terms of space I found xylo most spacious, and by the way, the hatchback and notchback doesn't comes with captain seats. smiley1.gif
vibhor2009-02-07 08:57:17

The Answer to your question is simple. It has got to be the Xylo. The Place in that car is simply mindblowing. I was truly impressed. Its got much more place in the back as compared to my scorpio!

The Answer to your question is simple. It has got to be the Xylo. The Place in that car is simply mindblowing. I was truly impressed. Its got much more place in the back as compared to my scorpio!

Yes Cyrus, thats right. In terms of space, No other MUV in its segment can beat XYLO! smiley1.gif

so JB' date=' looking forward to buy Xylo???[/quote']

well,  not in th near future. Captain seats will make you feel real comfortable.

The xylo has something good in it for India

- soft suspension and hence good ride quality

- lots of space

- high ground clearance

Only critic is that it goes unstable at high speeds and at sharp turns, due to its soft suspension and small tires.

It would be great if it comes fitted with adjustable suspension. i.e in a flip of a switch, the suspension becomes firm for high speed cruising, and while approaching the harsh roads the soft suspension can be engaged back.

yes tanmay, scorpio does come with captain seats, the problem is mahindra has never advertised this.

options:

second row- captain seats/ bench seats

third row- forward facing bench/side facing bucket seats

you can check this link to be sure:

or this:

(go to details)

or this:

(go to standard features)

raj_50042009-02-15 12:05:20

"Captain  seat's" must ideally mean the driver seat's. It should be supportive and bolster the driver in all the right place's and hold him in place. Must not be too comfortable like a 'couch', lest he fall asleep at the wheel. Multiple captain's seat's in the same car will mean backseat driver's and they are "Ouch".

But DD, most of our cars have better seat comfort at front(with captain seats), where as the rear bench is comfortable only in few cars. I feel captain seats are more comfortable than bench at the back of a SUV or any car.

@ Crazy cat: Agreed, but having all Captain's seat isn't feasible as it occupies more space, so what can be a 7 seater becomes a 6 seater with captain's seat's. A comfy rear bench with a well contoured arm rest in the middle will make better sense than a pair of captain's seats in the second row. Third row captain's are not possible. Next someone will ask for 2 row's of "Lazy Boy" recliner's as option's...a bar, pile carpetting, LCD...that may be on DC option's list.

i feel captain seats are good for front as the driver feels more hold and better placed in it, though second and third row should have bench seats with armrests as DD said, well DC does gives you all of that DD, just pay him for that..smiley2.gif

Hey

I doubt if there is a relationship between independent suspension and captain seats.

Basically, having a common suspension on the rear is to provide a leveled ride, but its a bumpy ride (good for commercial use)

Independent suspension will provide a cushy ride (good for passenger use).

So captain seats will keep the rear passenger at one place.