llimcaa

Caravan Concept

are you talking about recreational vehicles or just caravans?

But caravans as it is need to be toed by a motorised vehicle. There are some suppliers of caravans, but none of the automobile manufactures seem to be involved in it.

are you talking about recreational vehicles or just caravans?

But caravans as it is need to be toed by a motorised vehicle. There are some suppliers of caravans, but none of the automobile manufactures seem to be involved in it.

I think DC does this job on special orders.smiley1.gif

It's difficult to pilot a "hatch" let alone a caravan. The other day, my relative's had a narrow escape when the A/C Tempo Traveller they hired toppled over. No Caravaning for me unless I get Pres. Prathibha Patil's cavalcade of security to keep lesser mortal's/mongrel's away.

Yes I know mainly the caravan is one which is toed. Actually I raised this question because I made for myself on Tata Winger with some modifications, my vehicle is very much appreciated and very curious if I can start the business of customised vehicle.

Yes I know mainly the caravan is one which is toed. Actually I raised this question because I made for myself on Tata Winger with some modifications' date=' my vehicle is very much appreciated and very curious if I can start the business of customised vehicle.
[/quote']

this is a good news liimcaa, why dont you share some of the pictures of your tata winger whicfh u modified to give us a better idea of your creation.

Go to www.imageshack.us

Browse for photo. Select the Resize to 640X480 and click Start Upload.

Then on next page you will get Direct Link to the image.

Copy and paste it here in between image tags.

Well Caravans are exactly which are toed.. I have seen many in South Africa but then these countries are relatively safe and has good roads so they are practical there but not here..

Also the Filmstars use buses and not caravans..

And Limcaa, your Winger seems to be attractive but please post some bigger pics so that members can see those clearly..

That's a nicely done up Winger you have there. The market for caravans in India is limited and in my opinion will continue to remain so for a while atleast. The concept itself is quite alien, the key factor is affordability.

Most families in India are single car families, so most don't have the time or the money to invest in a caravan.

I for one love RVs. They're just perfect for those who travel a lot.

FRG

@llimcaa

I meant there is not a single caravan degined from scratch. Either they are costructed on vans, mini buses or buses.

And I believe there are very few proper mid-sized platforms for developing caravans.

I feel, if a mid-sized platform is developed purely for caravans, there can be a market for it. For example, mid-sized platform having sufficient length for embedding caravan facilities as well as a capable engine and gear box, etc for normal driving pleasure.... so that it can be used as a life-style product. Till now, caravan has been diver driven and only very top ladder people can afford such vehicles. They can be standadised... to a personal vehicle....

this may seem to be a very late response ..but i have started looking around for RV's and so responding now to the posts.

@Llimcaa can you share design details of the mods you made in the Winger? Its look really nice.. Did you do it yourself?

I am keen to know more about it..

Ash