altuist

Which car to buy?

Hey,

I am going to buy my first car. (Currently learning to drive)

I am confused on which of the cars to go for..

Santro / Indica Xeta.. Or should i wait for Hyuandai Pa?

I also have the budget to go for Swift..but not sure if its good to be a first car.

My driving will be more or less in the city with occasional driving on the highway, I want a car which will be reliable for the next 3-4 yrs and maintenance shoudl be less

If you are just learning to drive. How about a good second hand car for a year or so, before going in for a new car. The inevitable dings etc. are much less painful.

Between Santro/Pa, Indica and Swift the last belongs to the next higher segment. A more powerful car is in some ways easier to drive since the biggest problem for beginners is clutch control.  A more powerful engine is more forgiving. Just keep your 'lead boots' in check. None of these are of the kind which will take off as soon as youtouch the accelerator.

New car means less driving experience and more dents go for Xeta if you want space or stick to Santro or wait for PA swift maintainance is on the higher side.

Soo what he wants will be better relibilty car means its always not Better to go in for the XETA it will surely make some sense if you go in for Swift or WagonR or Spark but if you are in no hurry then Wait for the PA( much better)

Anyway keep us all updated. Happy motoring.

if you have the budget got for the swift. its the best. also good on highways with a safer drive.

yes if you are learning buy an 800 for a few months for 50k or soemthing. dent it & sell it in the end at 5-10k lesser.

that way you'll dent your new car lesser.

You could try the SPARK as it is in Heavy discount for a week. you will get it at a good Bargain price.and just around 20k rs costiler than ALTO. so go and Test Drive the SPARK!!!

why do you think so much discounts are being offered on spark & none on swift / sx4 / honda.

reason being spark is a slow seller & the others are hot cakes. i wont put my money into something that is hard to move from the showroom.

would say stick to something that sells. discounts look good initially but in the long run you ll discover that it wasnt worth it.

ikon sells for less than 5 lacs. but how much is the resale value of a one day old car. gravity really shows on it.
FuelRunGod2007-10-17 17:41:38

for a new car buyer the Spark at a very high Discount is mouthwatering and this offer is only Valid for bookings til OCT 21st.

Hurry if you want one!!! This is now or Never offer and PS Variant comes around rs20k costlier than the Alto LXi(after discount) soo it makes better sense and overall a good buy.