lovemycar

Ford New Ikon 1.4 TDCi

people saying Ford New Ikon 1.4 TDCi is giving a decent mileage. is it true!!!!!!

if this car has ford fiesta engine then why its price is low(5,19,000)

what you say for this car & its performance.

Yes, the Ford ikon D has quite decent mileage and its also true that ikon comes with fiesta's reliable duratoq TDCi engine but its detuned for ikon and produces bit less power than fiesta. :-)

people saying Ford New Ikon 1.4 TDCi is giving a decent mileage. is it true!!!!!!

if this car has ford fiesta engine then why its price is low(5' date='19,000)

what you say for this car & its performance.[/quote']

Fiesta has a solid build quality. Its much modern car than the Ikon.  Ikon has no appeal in the current market. Its one of the worst looking cars in its segment

Ikon 1.4 TCDi is a good car. It is fuel efficient, has decent power, even after so many years dynamically it is competant(a good driver's car at this price) but on the flipside its spares and maintenance can be quite heavy on your pocket.

Even though Ikon shares the same diesel engine with Fiesta' date=' it is not as refined as Fiesta.[/quote']

It seems that engine mounting is different in both cars and that makes the difference.

Well after so many years this one still is decent car with looks, performance, ergonomics, comfort, space, build quality but interiors arent that good but still you can live with it...

On the other hand its maintainance is quiet high and ford's A.s.s isnt that good..

But i have heard that like many other companies whose spare parts were high, Ford has reduced the cost of spares for its car...I dont know how its true..

hey man help me out guys. am avirup from kolkata, am a new member of autocarindia forum and an avid autocar india fan. please help me choose a good sedan within rs. 7lakhs. i have shortlisted new ford iKOn 1.4TDCi, CHEVROLET AVEO 1.4 LS ( though petrol but still have chosen it due to good looks, good build quality), Ruled out Maruti Swift DZiRE VDi/VXi due to looks and body rattle issues. i heard the new ikon is indeed a very competent car with the 1.4TDCi unit. I hope Ford has reduced the cost of spares too. help me  out as fast as possible as i need to buy the car by April 2009.

if this car has ford fiesta engine then why its price is low(5' date='19,000)

what you say for this car & its performance.[/quote']

Fiesta has a solid build quality. Its much modern car than the Ikon.  Ikon has no appeal in the current market. Its one of the worst looking cars in its segment

Ikon 1.3 Rocam petrol was looking good . the current one does not have any appeal. Ikon used to be a hot favorite 3 box car for urban young buyers... FORD managed it v wel for many years, but failed to reposition the brand. they would have launched a new car on the similar platform with better looks, better technology n design

the ford ikon has better performance than the fiesta and engine power is d same....d answer as to why ikon is cheap is that

their is very less sound insulation in d cabin and hence engine noise is clearly audible plus ikon has plastic mountings for d engine to further save costs...fiesta tdci is quiet refined in comparison with ikon and also ikon is a 10 yr old car so hence ford has priced it quiet cheaply !!!!

Well, The Biggest Difference is that the Ikon is a smaller car. Hence the Production costs are lower. Also, The Price is low as it has reached the end of its life cycle and it is soon going to be phased out. At its Prime, The ikon was a brilliant car. Very Powerfull, Very Refined(for its day) and handled quite well. The Old Ikon looked better than the currebt one though. Its one of those Super Sedans that the Indian Market Suddenly got a taste of. The other "Sper Sedans" are The Old Honda City, The Original Lancer and Of course, The Opel Astra.

With the same engine also' date=' why is ikon not selling?

[/quote']

Because Ikon is almost 10 years old. It died and reborn with diesel. So it doesn't create any interest in the minds of customer and the the costly A.S.S. of Ford is also a reason.

hey man help me out guys. am avirup from kolkata' date=' am a new member of autocarindia forum and an avid autocar india fan. please help me choose a good sedan within rs. 7lakhs. i have shortlisted new ford iKOn 1.4TDCi, CHEVROLET AVEO 1.4 LS ( though petrol but still have chosen it due to good looks, good build quality), Ruled out Maruti Swift DZiRE VDi/VXi due to looks and body rattle issues. i heard the new ikon is indeed a very competent car with the 1.4TDCi unit. I hope Ford has reduced the cost of spares too. help me  out as fast as possible as i need to buy the car by April 2009.[/quote']

Both are good cars. I went through a similar dilemma, but finally

settled on the Ford Ikon TDCI because the reputed dealer and servicing

is close to my house (the Aveo  servicing is located over 30 KM away).

The IKON TDCI engine is very frugal and has fantastic performance. It

is the same engine as in Fiesta so spares and servicing of engine will

be available for quite some time.  Maintenance cost of American and

European design cars are expensive but need replacement less often. I

am sure you will not regret buying the ford IKOn diesel.

If you dont

mind petrol cars have  you checked out the new pricing on Ford Fiesta

ZXi. Its showroom price is 6.41 lakhs and comes with ABS (including

EBD) 2 DIN MP3 player and fog lamps also 2 year 1000000 km warranty. .

But no airbags.

guys, theres been a change of desicion here. my dad has decided to go for the new Ikon tdci because he has reduced the budget from Rs.7lakhs to Rs 6.50 lakhs. so in this budget best car to go is the ford iKOn 1.4 TDCi. i read the latest AUTOCAR INDIA issue and found that maintenance of Ford cars has reduced considerably smiley31.gifeven the Ikon and maintenance of Aveo has increased.smiley26.gif For instance the front bumper, wheel rim, headlights, tail-lights, side view mirrors cost more in an aveo than a ford ikon and it is the most expensive cars to maintain in the lower midsize segmentsmiley3.gifsmiley3.gifsmiley26.gif!!!!...the aggregate prices of different spare parts of aveo is a whopping  Rs 83,910smiley26.gifsmiley3.gif while that of Ford iKOn TDCi is Rs 59,785/smiley1.gifsmiley16.gifsmiley2.gif. and even autocar india says the ford ikon tdci  is a  vfm car and got a superb engine. its giving 14.1 km/pl in city and 17.9km/pl in highway.. overall 16km/pl.smiley36.gifsmiley4.gif wat do u say people?

guys' date=' theres been a change of desicion here. my dad has decided to go for the new Ikon tdci because he has reduced the budget from Rs.7lakhs to Rs 6.50 lakhs. so in this budget best car to go is the ford iKOn 1.4 TDCi. i read the latest AUTOCAR INDIA issue and found that maintenance of Ford cars has reduced considerably smiley31.gifeven the Ikon and maintenance of Aveo has increased.smiley26.gif For instance the front bumper, wheel rim, headlights, tail-lights, side view mirrors cost more in an aveo than a ford ikon and it is the most expensive cars to maintain in the lower midsize segmentsmiley3.gifsmiley3.gifsmiley26.gif!!!!...the aggregate prices of different spare parts of aveo is a whopping  Rs 83,910smiley26.gifsmiley3.gif while that of Ford iKOn TDCi is Rs 59,785/smiley1.gifsmiley16.gifsmiley2.gif. and even autocar india says the ford ikon tdci  is a  vfm car and got a superb engine. its giving 14.1 km/pl in city and 17.9km/pl in highway.. overall 16km/pl.smiley36.gifsmiley4.gif wat do u say people?[/quote']

I have recently purchased a fully loaded Ford Ikon  TDCi (including remote boot release, central locking, Kenwood Music system, rear parking sensors underside and paint protection etc.) for less than 6.2 Lakhs in Goa. Service cost is less than other cars in segment. If you say that even the spare part is cheaper then this is indeed good news! I have driven around 500 km. Till now experience of the car and also the dealer has been indeed very good. smiley1.gifsmiley1.gifsmiley1.gif

smiley1.gifsmiley1.gif

smiley2.gifsmiley17.gifI have recently purchased a fully loaded Ford Ikon  TDCi (including remote boot release, central locking, Kenwood Music system, rear parking sensors underside and paint protection etc.) for less than 6.2 Lakhs in Goa. Service cost is less than other cars in segment. If you say that even the spare part is cheaper then this is indeed good news! I have driven around 500 km. Till now experience of the car and also the dealer has been indeed very good. smiley1.gifsmiley1.gifsmiley1.gif
smiley1.gifsmiley1.gif 

Hey rams.goa the spares parts of Ford iKOn has been reduced by 30%smiley1.gifsmiley2.gifsmiley2.gifthis year. that includes Fiesta, Fusion, Endeavour too. Maybe This year Ford iKOn might break this record!!!!!!smiley36.gifsmiley36.gif" THE FORD iKOn TDCi IS HIGHLY FUEL EFFICIENT .. IT HAS OUTPERFORM MARUTI ALTO'S CLAIM OF "INDIA'S MOST FUEL EFFICIENT CAR.."!!! smiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley4.gif What u say buddy? Help me choose the color of Ford iKOn. Dark shades look good in iKOn  TDCi...smiley4.gifsmiley4.gif

Hey rams.goa the spares parts of Ford iKOn has been reduced by 30%smiley1.gifsmiley2.gifsmiley2.gifthis year. that includes Fiesta, Fusion, Endeavour too. Maybe This year Ford iKOn might break this record!!!!!!smiley36.gifsmiley36.gif" THE FORD iKOn TDCi IS HIGHLY FUEL EFFICIENT .. IT HAS OUTPERFORM MARUTI ALTO'S CLAIM OF "INDIA'S MOST FUEL EFFICIENT CAR.."!!! smiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley4.gif What u say buddy? Help me choose the color of Ford iKOn. Dark shades look good in iKOn  TDCi...smiley4.gifsmiley4.gif

Great News about the reduction in cost of Ikon Spares. You are right - dark shades look better on Ikon TDCI. The diamond white or brush steel looks drab, though the moondust silver or platinum is passable. Black does not really suit the  Ikon as it is not long enough to look like a limousine, also maintenance is difficult. Paprika red is best and Morello if you want to stand out in a crowd.