thackervijay

indica diesel modification

hi friends, as discussed about my new car purchased has been posponed, i was thinking to add some spice on my current indica, so want you all to give your vaulable thoughts and comments as to what should be done in regards of indica, along with price for that and what would look good, decent and not too fancy. I just got my pillars to black few days back from original colour, else yet to think, please put your comments.Here is the pic of black pillars
08022010.jpg

08022011.jpg

Also to mention last night an ***** driver riding his bike put a dent on my rear door of the boot icon_sad.gif , which is about 4-5 inch on the upper right side of the door, now that is so annoying affraid.gif , what to do as if geting repaired have to get the whole door painted, or shall i do some good sticker job done on that, ill post its picture soon of that dent, please do help in that too.CHEERS!!!

also would like to tell that i wont keep this car for more then 2 years, so dont want to spend that much which doesnt make any difference in its resale value, but things which will give that change in my car, few of which i have thought and the price list of the same with the company dealer is as follows:

well guys, went to a tata dealer to check out few things and here's the price list got from them, went to Cargo Motors Pvt.Ltd here.
Remote Lock type 1 4170/-
Remote Lock type 2 4600/- with immobiliser.( both from Autocop)
Spoiler 1879/-
Fog Lamps 1600/-
Wheel Caps 850/-
what do you guys think i shall go for with the dealer stock, and what shall i go with aftermarket please comment on this, also would like to know whats the benifit with autolock with immobiliser and without it please suggest.I will go for remote lock and fog lamps for sure, from co. or after market is after your suggestions.CHEERS!!!

Also here's the pics of the dent i said above, do tell me is it possible to remove this dent without messing up with colour, as the mechanic told me that will have to colour the whole rear door to get rid of this dent.

08022012.jpg

08022013.jpg

Go to a good body shop. They should be able to take that dent out in a jiffy. Probably needs a minor overcoat. But if the guys are really good, you wont even need an over coat. If you do go to a body or paint shop, Do paint the Roof Shiny Black, or paint the Hood Matt Black. Also, remove the wheel caps and paint the wheels black too. An indica looks damn nice with these subtle mods.

thanks cyrus, thats helpful. Also do mention, shall i go for spoiler,foglamps and central locking system from the company;s dealer, as rates i have mentioned above, which they are giving 6% discounts on those, or to a local accessory shop.

shall i go for spoiler' date='foglamps and central locking system from the company;s dealer, as rates i have mentioned above, which they are giving 6% discounts on those, or to a local accessory shop.[/quote']

You have not mentioned if your car is in warranty.

Anyways you can fit at local accessory shop if the deal you are getting is better than Dealer as long as the parts you fit don't need splicing of any wire harness.

You should go for fog lamps only if you need them else don't spend on them.

But yes, the fog lamps and spoiler enhance the looks of your indica. Also Central Locking makes sense regarding safety. Remote Locking with Immobilizer will help to keep your car safe against the theft. Because the Immobilizer has a code within itself and the remote, which allows to start the car ONLY when you unlock the door(s) of the car with Remote and not when you open the door with key which is safe against theft.

Also don't go for black paint even if cyrus advised because in India, the black will absorb more heat when parked in hot sun.

This dent can be removed by you with the use of Dent King a suction based dent removal kit, i had seen it on TVC or home shopping. With this you will not need to repaint or spend a lot of money, however I am not sure if dent king will be able to do a very good job on this dent since the line created is not shallow, it may remove the dent by the scar may remain.

If you are able to trace this device please let me know I have been trying to find it but have not been able to trace the TV shopping site selling it here.

sudeep, no its not under warranty, regarding fog lamps yes i have driven a lot on highways and sometimes i did felt the need of it, also under emergency of headlights not working, they are helpful, the company said that fog lamps would come along with the grille, which would be replaced with the current one which would be taken out to fit lamps, anything under the hood advice can be done, all inputs  are welcome.

ANJ, well the thing you are saying wont work on this kinda dent, but only on those surface where you dont have those lines that hard, just like bonnet or roof surface which gets bend can be removed, but heard it does messes up with the colour surface so no to DT.You can find one at Sky shops across nation, if they dont have in stock they would get you one on order.CHEERS!!

all the tata dealers are insisting to go for autocop security system without immobiliser, as they said when batteries go off, keys wont work and it would be difficult to get the system unlock, which one shall i go for, with immobiliser or without it.

4170/- without  imm

4600/- with imm

6% discount on above rates at dealer.

thackervijay2009-02-14 05:26:12

all the tata dealers are insisting to go for autocop security system without immobiliser' date=' as they said when batteries go off, keys wont work and it would be difficult to get the system unlock, which one shall i go for, with immobiliser or without it.

4170/- without  imm

4600/- with imm

6% discount on above rates at dealer.[/quote']

When batteries go off, how will you start your car?

You can safely go for the option with imm.

You can avail discount on your insurance premium if you mention in the policy that your car has imm fitted to it. The ins comp. will offer about Rs.200-300/- (Variable) on your premium.

SO GO FOR IMM.

the company said that fog lamps would come along with the grille' date=' which

would be replaced with the current one which would be taken out to fit

lamps

[/quote']

By seeing the picture of your Indica, I don't think you will have to change complete grille. You have to remove the black cover present at the sides of bumper and fit the fog lamps. No need to change to complete grille of the bumper.

sudeepd2009-02-19 11:13:42

well after checking out different security systems available in market, finalised with MINDA security which costed me 3200/- with lifetime warranty,waterproof remote,reverse horns,mute keys,auto sensors if doors not locked in 15seconds, plastic quality is way better then autocop and xenos.CHEERS!!!

minda_11.jpg

minda_10.jpg
thackervijay2009-02-25 05:20:47