manuuj

qualis ownership reviews and pics

Hi all!

I own a 2003 Qualis and am interested in ownership reviews of people who still own these tried and tested workhorses.

My own car has done over 1,45,000 kms. and is in perfect running condition.

I was recently offered 3.60 lacs by the Toyota dealership for it as it is in IMMACULATE condition. (i'm not selling)

I will put up pics as soon as i've figured out how to upload them.

We also have a Range Rover TDV8, Pajero sfx, Sonata v6, Swift vdi, and a Scorpio mhawk but the Qualis is the one that provides most satisfaction and peace of mind

So guys anything and everything you may have to contribute on the Qualis would be welcome!

manuuj, well toyota conquered the MUV market by getting qualis into market which was best in its segment for a very long time, comfort,soft and easy to drive with toyota's support around country, my friend has one and i do see him as pleased with his qualis as u are with almost 1.5L kms runned and still going which shows how superior this product is.Looking forward to see you pictures.

I m not owning a qualis, but would like to share something. In 2003 we went on a trip in hilly area and the road was not only curvy but steep too. We were 7 adult and 3 kids. Taxi Qualis was fully loaded with ppl & luggage, AC was on and yet the qualis was moving on hilly roads without any cut in power, no noice inside the cabin. The driver saidthat the car has done 2.5 lakhs kms and the engine was not opened for overhauling. We all were surprised to know the power of  Toyota. Many salute to Toyota and Qualis both.

Qualis is a great and remarkable car. It was damn durable. It was refined for that time(even now not bad). Great quality and visibility. It is a perfect city MUV. Its turning radius will put many smaller cars to shame. It is immensely flexible, hence less gear changes. One of the best handler with great brakes.

Its minus point is it is quite unstable for 3 digit figures. And its build strength is very weak.

Manuuj expecting a detailed review and pictures from you. Sadly Toyota Kirloskar Motors,India decided to discontinue the Qualis in 2005 for no solid reason, replacing it with the Innova.When the Ambassador, Maruti 800, Hyundai Santro and many other such models can lug on alongside newer models the Qualis could have been made for some more years."Bullet Proof Reliability" is the phrase used by many auto journalists for the Toyota Qualis.

yes anjan very true, i remember qualis model was launched with its new variant Myst, which also looked damn good, i never understand why did co. discontinued their qualis as was doing gr8 in market and was leading without any difficulties, the joy of long journeys in that smooth and comfort car changed the way people used to travel in sumo's and trax.I still love to drive this car, which my friend still own.

Manuuj.....smiley6.gif..... where are you???

by the way..talking about how comfortable and reliable the qualis is..i went to simla from delhi and back to delhi yesterday..left my house in delhi at 6 am and was back in delhi after finishing some work at 11:30 pm !!

Only the qualis made that possible as it is so easy to drive..and reliablity was never an issue! 

Neat and well kept Qualis Manuuj, the alloys enhance the look. Here, I got the  picture into the thread for you. Do you use all those lights in the front??!!

And yeah how about some high quality snaps of your Range Rover in the "our Cars" thread, I like that car a lot.

20012009070rq5.jpg

Neat and well kept Qualis Manuuj' date=' the alloys enhance the look. Here, I got the  picture into the thread for you. Do you use all those lights in the front??!!

And yeah how about some high quality snaps of your Range Rover in the "our Cars" thread, I like that car a lot.

20012009070rq5.jpg

[/quote']

thanks for your help mate!

i do use all the lights..but NEVER in the city..only on deserted unlit highways and back roads..where i dont blind oncoming traffic.

i feel much safer with them on as every nook and cranny in front is lit up and i can see stray animals and "invisible" potholes/craters from far away

as it is ive installed them at an angle that they light up the area immediately in front of me at and toward the passenger side..not high and straight as that could cause an accident.

i shall put up pics of the range rover also (again through imageshack)..kindly post them in the larger size as u have done with the qualis pics.

it would be nice if more people put up pics and stories of their 'workhorses'..ill try to put up some more pics also

cheers! smiley4.gif

Well your qualis seems to be in very good condition and those lights and alloys really enhances the looks especially with black bumper...Well it was a great car with great ride quality, comfort, smoothness and less engine noise but interiors were not as good..I have been in qualis when i was for tour to Nainital, haridwar, etc and the car was simply superb..

Do share some pics of your Landrover, i too love that car..

And regarding larger image, when you upload it to imageshack use resize option and select image size, that will be easy for you and quality will be good in 640*480 size..

And must say, you have good collection of cars..

thanks buddy..the RR is a july 2008 model..3.6 litre TD V8, 272 BHP, 640 NM torque!!..it flies smiley1.gif

the qualis was bought on december 31st 2003, done 1,45,000 kms, drives like it is a few months old!!

dont know what the power and torque figures are on the qualis..would like to know..