Innocent

Logan Diesel vs. Petrol / vs.Dzire

Hi Forum Members... need you expert views on whether to opt for a Petrol or Diesel engine if one decides to go for a Logan. I am not considering the monthly run of the car here and simply need to know which is a more refined/successful engine for Logan.

Also I am puzzled over the choice between Logan & Dzire. I am not bothered about the resale value/brand equity of the car... for me the negatives of Dzire are looks & rattling problems, and negative of Logan are that hey are not selling in enough numbers making me feel that there is something seriously wrong with this car. Would appreciate the insights on the comparison of these 02 cars as well.

Also I am puzzled over the choice between Logan & Dzire. I am not bothered about the resale value/brand equity?of the car... for me the negatives?of Dzire are looks & rattling problems' date=' and negative of Logan are that hey are not selling in enough numbers making me feel that there is something seriously wrong?with this car. [/quote']

The logan has rattling issues too - specific areas being the front doors and the steering wheel (In cars with the driver airbag) - I should know, I own one.

The logan is selling less because the diesel model is a bit overpriced and the interiors aren't too upmarket.

And the diesel logan has an awesome engine but the petrol models have a huge discount right now.

Well, looks are personal for any car,but if just space is not your requirement, dzire beats logan in every aspect, with world renowed fiat multijet engine, interiors are far better then logan, good MS network around country,Logan on the other hand is also having good dieel engine but interiors are too plane,nothing appealing abt it,with the price its offering i would go anyday for dzire.

Hey,

I own a dzire and let me tell you that I had reviewed the logan too before going out to buy the dzire.

The logan petrol hardly sells!! It is value for money though! But I have travelled in the logan on many occasisons and this is my opinion:-

--the car feels really cheap in terms of design

--The seats are really flat and not comfy enough.

-Agreed, the car is pretty good space at the rear. If you are going to have 3 people constantly sitting in the back seat, then this is the car!

On the other hand the Dzire inspte of its odd looks is very practical and is actually well equipped. I hve driven over 10,000kms in a span of 8 months and rattling is not a major issue. The diesel engine is amazing, have done 165kmph! The dzire's interiors which are nothing but the swift's feel much better. has a sporty feel to it. The switches too are much better than the logan. Also the driving position is like a soft roader suv rather than a saloon. The driving dynamics are also simply great!

My suggestion is that if you are driving less than 15-20kms a day then you should stick to the dzire petrol VXI, which will be pretty well loaded, cheaper than the logan as well!

If you drive more, then you can choose the diesel of the dzire, if you are ready to wait though! Logan diesel may not be a bad option either in case you want a car immdtly! But when it comes to re-sale. im sure the dzire will fetch you atleast 50k more!

BS... must say you have a sharp memory!! Yes, I booked a Dzire in July last year but cancelled the booking after 02 months as I was travelling to Chicago for 05 months. I am back now but the time gap has made me to think again before again booking a Dzire.

Tanmay my budget is 5-6 lacs & I am looking for a good reliable car mostly for city use, rear seats would be used rarely, monthly run approx 1000 kms, should not be high on maintenance, and I am comfortable with both hatchback / sedan option.

I am very clear of not going with Fiat (Palio,upcoming Punto), Tata (Vista,Indigo), Ford (Ikon), GM (Uva) and Skoda (Fabia). So the options left are Suzuki (Dzire only, I do not like A-star due to zero baggage space & already having a Swift in family), Hyundai (i20), Logan or upcoming Honda Jazz. Your thoughts please..

Since you will use it mostly in the city i20 is a good option.

It's better if you go for a petrol car considering your usage.

So take into consideration i20 and d-zire(petrol) though i would suggest i20 for city use.