jbond830

Hyundai 1.5 crdi vs Fiat 1.3 MJD which is better?

which is the more Efficient engine?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. which is the more Efficient engine?

• Hyundai 1.5 crdi
    • Fiat 1.3 MJD

I think everyone understands that Fiat is the best diesel engine around. Am I rite?

Something says that' date=' Hyundai will regularly update its diesel engines as the technology improves. But how about Fiat?  

On the other hand. Hyundai has a 1.1 liter crdi diesel engine for the i10. But the same has not been released in the Indian market.

[/quote']

Its the same way Fiat has 5 versions of 1.3, 2 versions of 1.6 & 4 versions of 1.9 in diesel in other parts of the world

I think everyone understands that Fiat is the best diesel engine around. Am I rite?

Something says that' date=' Hyundai will regularly update its diesel engines as the technology improves. But how about Fiat?  

On the other hand. Hyundai has a 1.1 liter crdi diesel engine for the i10. But the same has not been released in the Indian market.

[/quote']

The same way Fiat has 5 versions of 1.3, 2 versions of 1.6, 4 versions of 1.9 & various other versions for racing as well. and there are loads of other engines being tested in Turin & are way ahead in comparisions against other engine manufacturers in the world. But they believe in thorough testing & not just put it in the market just cause people are there to buy them.

[/quote']

The same way Fiat has 5 versions of 1.3, 2 versions of 1.6, 4 versions of 1.9 & various other versions for racing as well. and there are loads of other engines being tested in Turin & are way ahead in comparisions against other engine manufacturers in the world. But they believe in thorough testing & not just put it in the market just cause people are there to buy them.

I was talking about bringing all the good engines for Indian customers.

We got the Fiat 1.3 mjd, How about something more powerful like the 1.9.

Similarly, Hyundai has the 1.5 crdi, but 1.1 crdi is yet to come.

as to what DD has posted some article' date=' I could post loads of material in that manner from around the world about Fiat's appreciation & Hyundai disgrace in terms of copying designs & technologies from around the world.[/quote']

Dear Hot Stuff, As I have said earlier, all the big auto co's of the east started life as copy cat's of the american car's, sure. But even after staying around for donkey's year's in the Indian market, Fiat sure hasn't figured the Indian market and is still floundering at the bottom of the 'pecking' order, though it has one of the best small car's in it's product portfolio, it still can think beyond the Palio. It's not enough to have a good r&d it also pay's to package sell and service a product where Fiat fall's woefully short, not only here but worldwide. Where's Fiat's dealership today, without Tata, can you answer that...Hyundai is very much present in the US and is selling well; where is Fiat in the US...it doesn't even exist. Why doesn't Fiat have a presence in the world's largest auto market:US?

@Jb- Next in line from Fiat would be the 1.6 MJD' date=' which Fiat is trying to work on and bring down localisation content.

P.S. : Im waiting for the 1.4 CRDI for the i20. Heard some decent reviews about it.

[/quote']

I havnt read any news about Fiat releasing the 1.6 mjd in India. If its true, please provide the source.

as to what DD has posted some article' date=' I could post loads of material in that manner from around the world about Fiat's appreciation & Hyundai disgrace in terms of copying designs & technologies from around the world.[/quote']

Dear Hot Stuff, As I have said earlier, all the big auto co's of the east started life as copy cat's of the american car's, sure. But even after staying around for donkey's year's in the Indian market, Fiat sure hasn't figured the Indian market and is still floundering at the bottom of the 'pecking' order, though it has one of the best small car's in it's product portfolio, it still can think beyond the Palio. It's not enough to have a good r&d it also pay's to package sell and service a product where Fiat fall's woefully short, not only here but worldwide. Where's Fiat's dealership today, without Tata, can you answer that...Hyundai is very much present in the US and is selling well; where is Fiat in the US...it doesn't even exist. Why doesn't Fiat have a presence in the world's largest auto market:US?
Ya its true DD, whether copy cat or not Hyundai now is the only promising company in the world with its new design, technology, etc and in term of sales..Even copy is an art, why other manufacturers cant copy, it needs courage and art...Hyundai is successful whether it has copied or not and Hyundai is in top5 companies in the world today even taking ford, honda, suzuki, etc for a ride and that is the big achievement...Though Fiat makes good cars but Devil everytime you should not go ga-ga over fiat, it seems that according to you Fiat is the Best company in the world..

Ya its true DD, whether copy cat or not Hyundai now is the only promising company in the world with its new design, technology, etc and in term of sales..Even copy is an art, why other manufacturers cant copy, it needs courage and art...Hyundai is successful whether it has copied or not and Hyundai is in top5 companies in the world today even taking ford, honda, suzuki, etc for a ride and that is the big achievement...Though Fiat makes good cars but Devil everytime you should not go ga-ga over fiat, it seems that according to you Fiat is the Best company in the world..

dd & blue - It is sad to know that you are being bias in giving info to people here without having enough knowledge yourself.

First of all companies in the east copy europeans & not americans & no doubt hyundai has pioneered it & so have tata to an extent. Seems you both dont appreciate creativity & quality but prefer the shortcuts & ofcourse everybody has their own choice end of the day.

I am very sure dd has never been to any foreign countries such as europe or middle east & checked out what people in most parts of the world prefer-never korean cars. hyundai hardly sells in us or west europe or even middle east. yes they are doing good in india, for the simple reason cause people like dd & blue prefer such companies who copy & make it cheaply available. I have been driving cars since the 80's in middle east & later in europe.

Fiat is present in US from much longer time than you can imagine ferrari & maseratis are amongst some of the favourite sports cars of the american. Fiat has also taken 35% in Chrysler.

when you are mentioning about hyundai being world's best & top 5 & so on, guess you need to go back to facts & stats & not imaginations.

And i cant help going ga ga over something that is genuine. Thats my character. and blue -I never said Fiat is the best company in the world, but its definitely among the top, unlike what you said about hyundai.

"hyundai only promising company in the world" - blue know your facts & then give out info, cause even in india they are not no.1 . And if everyone ends up copying, according to blue, then there will not be any creativity left & you & me will not get new tchnologies & new designs. Yes you're right, it definitely takes courage to copy & its an art, just like robbery.

Well i am not saying that Fiat doesnt makes good cars, but only making good products is not the thing, no doubt before anything takes place there should be a good product with the company..

And even Fiat isnt having good market in middle-east(Except masseraties and Ferrari's) but i am talking about cars with Fiats Logo and am sure that even DD was talking about the same...

Both of you were'nt talking about middle east, i was talking about middle east and about myself being there & driving cars & not about Fiat's presence in the middle east. And you were not even talking about Fiat's cars with logos.

@blue - Hyundai is in not getting any respect in any parts of the world except in India & maybe korea. Nobody respects people who are not genuine & have no quality.

But ofcourse in present day we have people like @blue who like to appreciate such people or companies- its all about personal opinion I guess.

Devil Jr. : Truce please, I don't want bad blood spilt any further..."Quality":

to me is a car that run's good and silent and is backed up by good service. Be it Korean or whatever. Fiat doesn't deliver on the service front and that's why it is where it is, in India, at present. And don't give that 'you' are cheap and I'm 'costly' bullsh*t...Mama Mia I think you ate a lots of red chilli pepper's with your pasta...hot head!! Or do I smell a Fiat insider at it in, the forum.

Devil Jr. : Truce please' date=' I don't want bad blood spilt any further..."Quality":

to me is a car that run's good and silent and is backed up by good service. Be it Korean or whatever. Fiat doesn't deliver on the service front and that's why it is where it is, in India, at present. And don't give that 'you' are cheap and I'm 'costly' bullsh*t...Mama Mia I think you ate a lots of red chilli pepper's with your pasta...hot head!! Or do I smell a Fiat insider at it in, the forum.[/quote']

dd - you cal for truce & b_____ your way through wrong info & when someone corrects you, you pounce on them, blaming them to be Fiat insider & stuff like that. Cause thats exactly how you sounded in the beginning. And someone caught you at the correct point.

Please read the blogs & comments correctly, please dont interpret them the way you write your comments. I never mentioned 'you' are cheap & I'm costly b_____ the way you wrongly quoted... as usual.

Trust me with that language of yours of dude, peppers, b____, bad blood & stuff like that, I can give you left, right & center where it hurts the most.

And if you want"quality" car which runs good & silent & backed with good service, then you can go for the 800, alto or zen also.

Stop the fighting and lets figure out if its worth fighting?

- Fiat is Fiat and Hyundai is Hyundai. Both are using the help of India to become No.1

- Both companies are not Indian, so both have international manufacturing plants. Hence they are very much capabe of reaping profits in Indian and investing somewhere else. Also they are capable of threatening the government by disinvestment.

- 62 years after independence Tata, and Mahindra have become significant players who contribute to the technical growth of Indian car industry by using Indian R&D

- The koreans and japanese where so fast in technical development because they have appropriate ties with the Americans. If Korean & Japan's economy grows then its good for America's economy as most of the american products are exported to these countires.

I10, A-star, Linea(90%), 1.3MJDengine comes with the tag "Made in India". So more of these kind of releases results in technical and economic development of India.

Also, all the foreign manufacturers complain that Indian infrastructer is not fit enough to release their complete range of products. Will you buy this?

jbond8302009-02-18 13:52:53

Well Hyundai has respect in many parts of the world and its because of cars like Getz which is a big hit worldwide not because of its price but it was a good hatch for the time it was launched abroad..Hyundai's i10, getz and i20 have commanded respect because they are such a product not because they are cheap or something like that..

Anyways i am out of this debate....We are not disucssing Hyundai Vs. Fiat, but their engines..

<Quote:dd & blue prefer such companies who copy & make it cheaply available. Unquote> Then what do you mean by this. Devil Jr.

<Quote: And I cant help going ga ga over something that is genuine. Thats my character. Unquote>

Problem is there are no genuine Fiat dealer's all of them are riding piggyback on Tata. I wouldn't buy a car which doesn't have it's own dealership.

I Agree DD points.

Fiat launched its CRDi technology after 4 years of Accent CRDI, till that time Accent Crdi is best in class.

Hyundai is going launch its new 1.1 L CRDI engine with equal power of Fiat 1.25L

Fiat diesel

4 cylinder

1.25 L

Power - 75 PS @ 4000 rpm

i10 Diesel

3 cylinder

1.1 L

Power - 75 PS @ 4000 rpm

I hope Every new release comes with some innovations thats why

Hyundai 1.1 L power = Fiat 1.25 L power

OK we will come back to the original discussion.

I raised an engine power detail before. Can anyone comment about those engine size and power !!!smiley2.gif

Devil and DD gave a lot of info about diesel engines.. Keep it coming and lets keep it cool here.

@rkrk. I can share some characteristics of 3 cyl engines because I own one.

- 3 cylinders are theoretically more efficient than 4 cylinders. Hence more mileage.

- 3 cylinders have more NVH than the 4 cylinder.

- 3 cylinders will give you a jerky ride. Mainly while shifting  gears

A-star is a 3 cylinder car and it doesnt feel bad at all. But, when you keenly watch out for the above charactertics, they are identifiable.

I think 3 cylinder engines will give you better torque.

For the people who said Hyundai's engine is bad has to agree to the fact that the engines in Mercedez and Chrysler are bad too as Hyundai, Mercedez and Chrysler co-developed their engines like Fiat-GM-Suzuki. Anyway Fiat is the original inventor of this technology.

Fiat and Suzuki or all related engines uses the old CRDI technology with static valve technology whereas only Hyundai uses the lates one with variable valve timing!!!

@hirankr, i think Variable valve timing or VVT is for petrol. If you referring about Variable Geometry Turbo(VGT), then Fiat has it too in Linea.

Are you trying to state that Hyundai's engine are as durable and reliable as Mercedes? smiley36.gif Ask the Accent CRDI owners who had the cars with them for more than 100k kms.Crazy cat2009-02-19 11:28:45