jbond830

Hyundai 1.5 crdi vs Fiat 1.3 MJD which is better?

which is the more Efficient engine?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. which is the more Efficient engine?

• Hyundai 1.5 crdi
    • Fiat 1.3 MJD

If we are talking about engines, then the 1.3 MJD wins hands down! Its way better than the 1.5 CRDI!

--However, in the light of the arguments that have been going on here, let me point out a few things:-

--1.3MJD was very successful with the SWIFT but not in the Palio. Lke DD said, as a car it needs to make sense, whether the engine is great or not!

--The Hyundai Getz diesel was a maaive failure too, worse than the Palio stile! Its price never made any sense!

--The CRDI variants in Accent have known to have a lot of issues beyond 50000kms! So here it shows that CRDi lacks reliability!

--The real winner is the Maruti who have packaged the 1.3mjd very well.

I

--The Hyundai Getz diesel was a maaive failure too' date=' worse than the Palio stile! Its price never made any sense!

[/quote']

True. Hyundai should have launched something like a 1.3 CRDI for the Getz.

I think Punto would prove 1.3 MJD success under Fiat badge.

the fully loaded swift is equally priced to the getz which doesnt even have abs and many more features but for power hungry freaks getz got a 110bhp engine which does duty in verna.Also NVH levels of getz cannot be compared to the rattling swift

I think Getz diesel and Swift diesel and equally priced. So? Getz isnt overpriced.

When i bought(May 2008) my Swift VDi it costed Rs. 5,46,000 and at that time Getz costed rs. 6,24,000. The difference is around 75k. Now the price should have been changed, but i think the price can't be equal.

The Price isnt the same. The Getz is a bit more than the Swift, And it is a better product.....On some levels. But as usual, Maruti is one up because of its impeccable reputation and After Sales Service.

Folks, this seems to be a one sided poll with most of us voting for the 1.3MJD! It does not mean that hyundai's diesel engines are bad, but it is just that their current diesel engine line up cannot match the 1.3mjd for reliability and efficiency!